Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

This might matter if the audience review section didn't make me feel like I accidentally wandered into a Breitbart forum.

1) not wanting ideology injected in isn't political. One could be sympathetic to interest but see the weak, lazy story telling it invites.

2) not being progressive =\= conservative.

3) there is nothing wrong with being conservative. It's a completely valid and mainstream view of the world.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

So TLJ Drips over 700m from FA and had bad legs for a December release. Solo flat out bombs

but according to many on this site, everything is all good! It’s just those evil right wingers who are disliking them and Episode 9 is guaranteed for a huge increase 

:hahaha::bravo:

A problem won't go away if one keeps saying there's no problem. 

7 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, my mother went to watch Solo yesterday. I told her to check her expectations at the theater door.

3 hours later, she called me and said there wasn't any expectations to be checked, and that's why she went to watch Deadpool 2 instead. :)

Your mom is cool.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

:bravo:

@Pandamia! GA doesn't hate them but it looks like they care less and less. TFA was lightning in the bottle thanks to nostalgia, which couldn't hold long, and the franchise failed to offer novelty. OS GA, however, doesn't care at all anymore. 

I understand Solo isn’t all that interesting of a concept so I can see why it’s performing poorly.  I also get TLJ is a slower-paced movie compared to most modern blockbusters.  

My disbelief is at the toxic hate a portion of the SW fanbase has for Kennedy.  Especially since most of the hate is over plot points not going how they want them to.  I don’t blame JJ for dismissing it, those aren’t the kind of fans you want as a base.

Edited by Pandamia!
  • Like 1

Just now, Rebelscum said:

1) not wanting ideology injected in isn't political. One could be sympathetic to interest but see the weak, lazy story telling it invites.

3) there is nothing wrong with being conservative. It's a completely valid and mainstream view of the world.

Not liking Brietbart =\= Not liking conservatism

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

While I’m not really sure that the GA hates these movies or anything.  I think a loud toxic minority has become a deterrent to some people, but you know maybe that’s what they want.

The trolls who spam down ratings to keep trashing Kennedy or Johnson (and have been doing so non-stop since TLJ) are another level of sad.  It’s not wanting to save their franchise or anything, it’s being pathetic because a movie didn’t follow your fan theory.

I understand there’ve been movies that people don’t like but none have been anywhere near a level where they could be considered that offensively bad.

If I went around my office and asked anybody if they paid attention to RT audience scores when choosing whether to see a movie or not - they wouldn’t know wtf I was talking about. 

It only becomes a thing to the masses when the media write articles about it. Which will happen for this film in the coming days. The media do the trolls bidding for them in a way. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

:bravo:

@Pandamia! GA doesn't hate them but it looks like they care less and less. TFA was lightning in the bottle thanks to nostalgia, which couldn't hold long, and the franchise failed to offer novelty. OS GA, however, doesn't care at all anymore. 

The films been out a night and has been surrounded by nothing but bad press with a fanbase that hated TLJ that is actively praying that is fails and sabotaging every ratings system they can. 

What are they supposed to do? They can't even put out a regular summer blockbuster like Marvel does ever summer without being criticized for playing it too safe despite this film following the same formula that worked with those. I really don't get it.

People would rather have no SW films at all judging by many of the reactions I'm reading despite this film being vastly different than everything that's come before.

Whatever man.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

It only becomes a thing to the masses when the media write articles about it. Which will happen for this film in the coming days. The media do the trolls bidding for them in a way. 

That is exactly what they want. I really feel bad for the people who had nothing to do with TLJ that worked on this.

• Like 1

The sad thing for me is that talking about Star Wars isnt fun anymore. Its either the best ever/the worst ever while any in-depth discussions get blasted away by people who just dont want to listen to another one's opinion. At this point i just watch the movies and enjoy them but i wont be part of the discussions around them anymore, at least online.  Its just getting tiresome, especially, if you like The Last Jedi.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Rebelscum said:

1.)Not being progressive means you are conservative. It is the antonym I don't see what you are trying to say here...

2.)Being conservative is a thing and being a racist or discriminating any group is another. The one as you said is acceptable the other isn't.

Just now, harrycaul said:

I think it's bizarre fans even know the names of studio execs, but here we are.

No more bizarre than incessant studio stanning/bashing for...whatever reason. Pitting one giant corporation out to make money against another giant corporation out to make money. One of these I expect it to cross into arguments along the lines of "my Han Solo costume kicks your Han Solo costume's ass!"

Just now, cannastop said:

So what will be the final weekend number for Solo, based on previews?

we don't have previews as 13-15 was a very early estimate and a difference of 2 in previews can lead to 10+ diff in ow.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah. The past few months have really soured me on the franchise despite liking everything in the sequel trilogy so far. Basement dwellers just don't know how to shut the fuck up.

Yeah, I have SW burnout and it’s not the fault of Disney.  It’s that whenever I go to anything Star Wars related or try to talk about it there’s always somebody who goes off and starts ranting about nonsense.

Im honestly sick of it.  Like, okay you didn’t like the movie, it’s childish though to go out and try to ruin everyone else’s experience for the franchise that did though.  I wasn’t so huge on Infinity War but you don’t see me trashing everything Marvel related because I had a meh reaction to a movie.  I stated my opinion, discussed some, and moved on lol.

I love Star Wars but I’m looking forward to nearly 2 years without it so maybe some of these people can finally burn out and shut up.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah. The past few months have really soured me on the franchise despite liking everything in the sequel trilogy so far. Basement dwellers just don't know how to shut the fuck up.

Seriously. It's been 6 months since TLJ and they act like it released last weekend. It never ends.

They have a vendetta against Lucasfilm, KK and JJ because they feel they all insulted them. And correct, they never shut up about it. They are never reasonable about it. From the movies to toy store sales (the myth that Star Wars destroyed Toys R Us - a company I really cared about - truly pisses me off and is completely untrue)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

BP is a proof that audience score cannot be rigged to negative or even close to negative if regular people loved the movie, since they are majority. 

RT manually intervened in the audience score of BP.  It's proof that RT won't or can't fix the audience score and that it is worthless.

Anyone reading it regularly can tell when a movie is being trolled and can also pretty easily see if Bots are involved.

Many times of the last year I and others have posted how a distribution curve of votes should look like even on movies that are not liked.  No point in doing stuff like that because these days because members want 'sound-bite facts' to back up their already pre-determined conclusions instead of truly analysing boxoffice to determine why certain movies  perform well while other don't.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, John Marston said:

So TLJ Drips over 700m from FA and had bad legs for a December release. Solo flat out bombs

but according to many on this site, everything is all good! It’s just those evil right wingers who are disliking them and Episode 9 is guaranteed for a huge increase 

And these are some of the other comments I’m done with.

Is the GA responding well to the latest string of SW offerings?  Maybe not, especially not with Solo obviously.  

But do I need to be reminded every day condescendingly about how apparently everyone is in denial that there’s something wrong with SW that Disney should fix.  No.

• Like 3