Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If the prequels weren't enough to turn the basement-dwelling Star Wars fans away for good, nothing will, so no tears need to be shed for this franchise.

Society is turning nerdier by the minute, I know a ton of guys and girls who are corporate professional and then do cosplay :ph34r:

You seem to have your head stuck in some 90s high school or something 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

Yes, that's the peak. Everyone agrees they can't repeat it, so it's down from here.

"Everyone agrees"? Is that the same "everyone" who keep predicting that superhero fatigue will set in any minute now? By the end of 2018, Marvel Studios will have 4 billion more reasons why "everyone" is wrong yet again.

• Like 2

I'm feeling like it'll come in with $16.5m, very solid walkups compared to the other Disney SW movies, but still just barely enough to pass 100m for the 3-day weekend, 100-110m.

10 minutes ago, Rebelscum said:

1) not wanting ideology injected in isn't political. One could be sympathetic to interest but see the weak, lazy story telling it invites.

2) not being progressive =\= conservative.

3) there is nothing wrong with being conservative. It's a completely valid and mainstream view of the world.

1) There is no ideology injected into Solo

2) you can be whatever you want but a lot of this backlash is coming from a lot of the same corners who think even IW had SJW elements. I don't even know how.

3) I agree. There is a problem with being annoying and these people are very fucking annoying and exhausting.

4 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Seriously. It's been 6 months since TLJ and they act like it released last weekend. It never ends.

They have a vendetta against Lucasfilm, KK and JJ because they feel they all insulted them. And correct, they never shut up about it. They are never reasonable about it. From the movies to toy store sales (the myth that Star Wars destroyed Toys R Us - a company I really cared about - truly pisses me off and is completely untrue)

Or there could be some people who have liked 3/4 of the Disney Star Wars, have no vendetta, and just think TLJ was not good.

Because obviously it’s only true that people who hate the prequels have a personal vendetta against Lucas

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

The sad thing for me is that talking about Star Wars isnt fun anymore. Its either the best ever/the worst ever while any in-depth discussions get blasted away by people who just dont want to listen to another one's opinion. At this point i just watch the movies and enjoy them but i wont be part of the discussions around them anymore, at least online.  Its just getting tiresome, especially, if you like The Last Jedi.

And on a campus, I was having a conversation with three friends about Star Wars.  We had disagreements but weren’t spouting drivel then some dude not apart of it walks by and shouts “DISNEY IS RUINING STAR WARS!”

So apparently I can’t even have a public IRL discussion about the new Star Wars movies without somebody trying to troll it.  I’m done with it.

I like these new movies, and so I’ll keep going to see them.  I feel bad for the current SW team though because they’re going to have to deal with this on a daily basis.

• Like 4
  • ...wtf 2

Seeing SOLO this evening and can't wait! That's because even though I didn't agree with a lot of parts of TLJ, I got over it! I'm not, *gasp*, going to jump to conclusions about the next movie, especially because it looks fun!

Some people out there should try it, instead of going on their lame crusade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, REC said:

If BP is your one, singular data point to prove audience score manipulation... then I don't think there's anything there.  The score is 79, which is a bit low I admit, but only very slightly lower than it should be.  It's not 60, or 50ish, like TLJ.  A score of 79 means that audiences liked the movie, and that's reflected in the legs.

I'm not sure anyone can find such a movie... again, one that has great legs and yet received a really terrible audience score that was probably manipulated.  TLJ had awful legs and an awful user score.  BP had great legs, and a solid positive user score.  If some other movie exists, point it out.

I think the audience scores online are far more predictive and correlated to performance than some would want to admit.

Not to mention it was absolutely over rated for social reasons. It's a boring, uninspired slog with a tame ending, but features a good villain. 

The movie without a doubt has way more over reaction for social reasons than negative attention for social reasons.

people who don't see that don't live honestly.

Just now, DAJK said:

Or there could be some people who have liked 3/4 of the Disney Star Wars, have no vendetta, and just think TLJ was not good.

Because obviously it’s only true that people who hate the prequels have a personal vendetta against Lucas

Those aren't the people who are making these reviews against Solo and actively making videos everyday for why people should boycott it even if they hear it's good. It's all about getting KK fired to them. That's their goal.

If Solo is a success, then that can't happen in their minds and Star Wars is forever ruined. Those people definitely have a vendetta and they are not even being discreet about it. They are writing it right on Flixster and RT does nothing to even try to stop it. Again, that system is fucked.

The major issue I had with TLJ was that people were like "oh it great themes and messages that were really grown up and complex!"

That is your opinion but... 

I don't give a shit about income inequality on Canto Bite.... I am watching a Star Wars movie... :blink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

Yeah, I have SW burnout and it’s not the fault of Disney.  It’s that whenever I go to anything Star Wars related or try to talk about it there’s always somebody who goes off and starts ranting about nonsense.

Im honestly sick of it.  Like, okay you didn’t like the movie, it’s childish though to go out and try to ruin everyone else’s experience for the franchise that did though.  I wasn’t so huge on Infinity War but you don’t see me trashing everything Marvel related because I had a meh reaction to a movie.  I stated my opinion, discussed some, and moved on lol.

I love Star Wars but I’m looking forward to nearly 2 years without it so maybe some of these people can finally burn out and shut up.  

It's quite obxonious. The Star Wars fanbase is pretty toxic right now. Honestly, I'm fine with the franchise taking a 2 year break, just so I didn't have to read pages and pages of the same thing of "OMG, Disney's ruining Star Wars. IX will decrease, and here's how to fix it". 

When I don't like a film in a long-running "mega franchise", I say why I don't like it, and then that's it. No need to keep complaining. It's tiring. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

Those aren't the people who are making these reviews against Solo and actively making videos everyday for why people should boycott it even if they hear it's good. It's all about getting KK fired to them. That's their goal.

If Solo is a success, then that can't happen in their minds and Star Wars is forever ruined. Those people definitely have a vendetta and they are not even being discreet about it. They are writing it right on Flixster and RT does nothing to even try to stop it. Again, that system is fucked.

Totally agree with that sentiment. It just bothers me that there’s such a vocal group of fans of my favourite franchise that are just the absolute worst

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rebelscum said:

Not to mention it was absolutely over rated for social reasons. It's a boring, uninspired slog with a tame ending, but features a good villain. 

The movie without a doubt has way more over reaction for social reasons than negative attention for social reasons.

people who don't see that don't live honestly.

No offense, but you could actually just be born from the YouTube comment section. This last sentence of yours shows a level of arrogance and ignorance that is common in these unholy waters. And thats why you land on my ignore list ;) because you know, while i also think that Black Panther got way more praise than it deserves purely as a movie, there are vastly better ways to express yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1