Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

Less than half of what Rogue One did. Factoring in the fact that the reviews are only okay unlike Rogue One's which were good and the front loading of Star Wars movies, I'm still confident in my 93mil prediction for now.

1 minute ago, Rebelscum said:

Not to mention it was absolutely over rated for social reasons. It's a boring, uninspired slog with a tame ending, but features a good villain. 

The movie without a doubt has way more over reaction for social reasons than negative attention for social reasons.

people who don't see that don't live honestly.

Or people just liked it. And okay...that's your opinion which you are entitled too. I found Get Out average but accept that other people got a lot more out of it then I did and can see why they liked it. Were the reviews higher for social reasons? Possibly but other films that tackle similar social issues that the "progressive" demographic seems to love to see on screen don't get the same sort of pass, so I doubt it.

Not sure you know what "without a doubt" means. 

Oh really....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I agree. I meant that ironically. But personally I'd support that decision, even if it meant pushing Spider-Man to 2020 and reshuffling a ton of shit around. I'd like to see an Avengers movie perform in the Holidays, especially since I don't think Ep. IX will increase from TLJ by much or at all anyway.

Avengers at Christmas would be interesting but I think it's a bit too long a gap and basically would leave a lot of slots available for other studios. Aquaman in December might give us a good idea how a superhero film can do in that month. 

• Like 1

So keeping in mind what @EmpireCity said, now is the time when you all can freak out about this (very bad indeed for SW) number and we'll see whether or not there are enough walk-ups over the weekend to let this movie save some face :)

• Like 2

6.0-7.5x previews gives 85-106 FSS. Should be more backloaded than the 3 recent SWs as obviously the rush wasn't there and Sunday will hold well due to Mem Day.

TLJ 4.9x

RO 5.3x

TFA 4.4x

Edited by A2k Raptor

25 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

RT manually intervened in the audience score of BP.  It's proof that RT won't or can't fix the audience score and that it is worthless.

Anyone reading it regularly can tell when a movie is being trolled and can also pretty easily see if Bots are involved.

Many times of the last year I and others have posted how a distribution curve of votes should look like even on movies that are not liked.  No point in doing stuff like that because these days because members want 'sound-bite facts' to back up their already pre-determined conclusions instead of truly analysing boxoffice to determine why certain movies  perform well while other don't.

Actually the audience score for TLJ is even lower. They didnt count a lot of negative reviews AND reviews that gave the movie less than 1 star werent added. 

For more information refer to this video which explains backed with a proper scientific study.

Edited by GraceRandolph
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, FilmBuff said:

When you make a pos movie like TLJ to piss of Star Wars fans, this is what happens. Casuals won’t turn out for these movies anymore. Lol at under 100 mil for the three day.

I still do not know what was in Last Jedi that would piss off Star Wars fans.

The domestic number seems to be heading for 100 million 4-day I think but the overseas number is just embarrassing.

Overseas marketing department for Disney Sw films, needs to be fired lol