Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

40 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Never said the reports about empty theaters were false but the RT score is rigged due to certain fans wanting Kathleen Kennedy gone. They are doing everything they can to destroy this movie and it doesn't deserve it.

I love Star Wars and walked out of it feeling pretty happy....then I got online. You can't win. Take risks - get bashed. Play it safe - get bashed. This film was doomed the moment TLJ had 1,000,000 videos created about it. 

Here's just a quick 2 minute glace at flixster reviews showing how rigged this is.
One star - Will not give Disney my money after the abomination that is TLJ
1/2 star - Worst star wars movie.
One star - This movie is not the Star Wars we are looking for
Two stars - What is the status of Disneys investigation into the ripped off artwork style?
One and a half star - No movie is perfect, so those people giving it 5/5 stars are either Russian bots, paid shills, or cult-like fan boys who are simply unwilling to see it's flaws!
1/2 star - Another terrible entry in the Disney-era star wars, The only good one was rogue one. if this continues, disney will effectively destroy the franchise, more than george lucas ever could.
1/2 star - Star wars under Kathleen Kennedy has shown a severe lack of creativity and competence thus leading a long time fan such as myself to finally give up on this dead franchise

I'm going to stop there because those are all recent and back to back. This shit is killing the franchise not Kathleen Kennedy. It's so toxic that no one who isn't invested in Star Wars wants near it. 

Thats real opinions by real people. What's the issue? It would be inaccurate to not sample people that dislike something.

Just now, TalismanRing said:

A 5.92 multi over MD weekend?

That's barely higher than RO (5.34) which had twice the preview #s and no holiday Monday

Who's to say it's supposed to behave better? This is already some pretty generous backloading compared to the other three movies.

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

This thread is gonna turn to garbage. I’m out.

Like everything else related to discussing this franchise.

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

So keeping in mind what @EmpireCity said, now is the time when you all can freak out about this (very bad indeed for SW) number and we'll see whether or not there are enough walk-ups over the weekend to let this movie save some face :)

Doubt it. The toxic mentality is there where ever you go. WOM could help but probably not enough at this point. Damage is done. 

Still think this felt like a Winter film and should have been released in December. Think it would have done a lot better.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Who's to say it's supposed to behave better? This is already some pretty generous backloading compared to the other three movies.

That's not really generous.  RO with half the previews of TFA did 22.7% better.  The size of the previews matter.  With Solo doing a bit less than half of R.O. another 22.7% jump would be 6.56 multi which doesn't take into account the holiday.

BvS had a 5.99 multi - skewed a bit by Good Friday but  JL with half the previews did a 7.21 - without a holiday Monday. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

This pissed people off???? Really????? 

Yeah pretty much made the ending of TFA pointless just to make a dumb joke lol.

As I said its subjective, but I dont see why its so hard to understand why people dont like TLJ. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3

This is horrible from a respected site like Mojo

FRIDAY AM UPDATE: Disney and Lucasfilm's Solo: A Star Wars Story brought in $14.1 million from Thursday evening previews, topping the previous Memorial Day record of $13.2 million set by Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, which also holds the Memorial Day four-day weekend record of $139.8 million ($153m including those Thursday previews, which occurred in ~3,100 theaters). This is a strong start for the feature which is hoping to deliver a new Memorial Day weekend record.

Edited by A2k Raptor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Rebelscum said:

Thats real opinions by real people. What's the issue? It would be inaccurate to not sample people that dislike something.

Really? Do you not see that many claim to not have even seen it or their review not even being about it?

Lmao, a few months ago I think I predicted one of the lowest DOM grosses for Solo with 300m because I thought there was no way a SW movie could go under than DOM. But now it has no chance reaching that... And it is still doing well compared to the absolutely atrocious numbers coming from OS. Now all I need is Fantastic Beasts 2 to make more DOM than Solo (which imo is perfectly possible). OS and WW wins are assured (lol, FB2 will make more OS than Solo WW for sure).

Ok, rant over. Been waiting way too much for this. Now the ironic thing would be to actually end up enjoying Solo. :lol: