Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

Just now, AJG said:

Enough of this.

Fuck Star Wars.

Fuck their fans.

Fuck their haters.

I only acknowledge the one true trilogy

lord-of-the-rings-total-franchise-revenu

You should hear what hardcore book fans still say about this trilogy.

2 minutes ago, Rebelscum said:

It's Disney fault for being arrogantly and dismissive. TLJ was an aggressively bad movie and people were either called racist, sexist, Russian trolls, or just plain stupid for not liking.

not taking criticism well is social taboo a lot of people really dislike passionately especially when you're a corporation selling a product. Disney has no right to have their product be liked. Customers have every right to like what they are purchasing.

saying excuse me chef you cooked my steak wrong and the chef saying well your a racist and I don't want you to like my steak is going to cause problems.

Or just maybe when you guys started attacking the actual actors and crew with death threats, you might have gone just a little too far and pissed them off. Diasy Ridley had to shut all her social media down and Mark Hamill had to comment about all of it.

This was way more about not taking criticism well...but nevermind man. You are clearly one of those that are way too obsessed with this vendetta.

2 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Moderation:

This is a Box Office thread.

These continual opinion based rants on TLJ, Disney and SW have gotten old and are off topic.  This thread will not become comparable to a You Tube comment section.

If I continue to see post like: "That pos Last Jedi ruined SW and every movie will fail now"  people will start taking a vacation from the thread.

Analyzing the potential reasons for the main box office performance of this weekend is off topic? Right.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Moderation:

This is a Box Office thread.

These continual opinion based rants on TLJ, Disney and SW have gotten old and are off topic.  This thread will not become comparable to a You Tube comment section.

If I continue to see post like: "That pos Last Jedi ruined SW and every movie will fail now"  people will start taking a vacation from the thread.

YES what you say is factual truth I guess :ph34r:

Anyways I think you are right, this thread will go down a rabbit hole if we continue. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

2 minutes ago, AJG said:

Enough of this.

Fuck Star Wars.

Fuck their fans.

Fuck their haters.

I only acknowledge the one true trilogy

lord-of-the-rings-total-franchise-revenu

The new BOT #1 of all-time, officially and objectively decided in the 2018 countdown thread.

• Like 1

Looks like we got the Defensive Last Jedi fanboys here who don’t want to admit the franchise is now in a bit of a jam with a lot having to do with that movie.  Rather just pretend that massive increase for Episode 9 is coming 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rebelscum said:

It's Disney fault for being arrogantly and dismissive. TLJ was an aggressively bad movie and people were either called racist, sexist, Russian trolls, or just plain stupid for not liking.

That’s because a ridiculously large chunk of people that didn’t like it used racist or sexist arguments to explain why they didn’t like it.

I’ve genuinely seen a video where someone claimed Star Wars characters being girls was the reason Toys R Us shut down.

• Like 2

Just now, AJG said:

That’s because a ridiculously large chunk of people that didn’t like it used racist or sexist arguments to explain why they didn’t like it.

I’ve genuinely seen a video where someone claimed Star Wars characters being girls was the reason Toys R Us shut down.

"These continual opinion based rants on TLJ," :lol:

3 minutes ago, REC said:

Well you have to admit this also makes no sense in terms of the larger story.

TLJ posits that Luke is on the island, disconnected from the force and rejecting all things Jedi.  Yet the island is the home of the Jedi, and he's guarding the books, and he's quite literally living right above THE great source of dark side power (it's like, 50 feet below his hut).  So, if he hates the Jedi and the force and wants nothing to do with it, why is he there?  Logically, Luke should be on the opposite side of the galaxy from wherever this place is... because TLJ says he's a curmudgeon who doesn't care or like any of this stuff and has rejected all of it.

See the logical disconnect there?  TFA put him there because, logically, he's doing something important and/or significant there.  TLJ illogically has him there for no good reason, and makes a throwaway (literally...) joke out of it.  But really the worst part about all this is that it makes no logical sense.  It was done just to surprise you, but its a surprise with no logical payoff.

He was there originally for a purpose. Then it all went wrong and he had a breakdown, just didn’t leave. That’s how I took it. He was a broken man. A hermit. Given up. 

Didn’t bother me in the slightest. 

Perhaps he was having a fling with one of the caretakers and couldn’t leave her. I don’t have to know for certain why he stayed there. 

2 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

The new BOT #1 of all-time, officially and objectively decided in the 2018 countdown thread.

Deservedly too. Its still a miracle for me how the director of Braindead made the most epic movie trilogy of all time.

Edit: To be clear, i adore Braindead, but its just so vastly different to LOTR :lol:

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, AJG said:

@WrathOfHan you may now breathe a sigh of relief that nobody will ever mistake you for an MRA ever again.

• Thanks 1

Good grief.... 52 pages of toxicity, I think I will take a break from the forum this weekend. 

@baumer message me with your thoughts once you see it please. 

On topic: 14.1m is better than Justice League so there is that. #thedatawasright #triedtowarnyall #may2007strikesagain 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

The trades are being kind with the “Memorial Day record” headlines.

Even when you click on the articles, like Variety, they don’t point out that it’s less than half of Rogue One. 

Hmm. 

They always do that with Disney. They even tried to pretend that A Wrinkle in Time was doing well until they couldn't pretend anymore. 

Just now, FantasticBeasts said:

Analyzing the potential reasons for the main box office performance of this weekend is off topic? Right.

Correct.  Maybe some don't understand, but if Solo fails it's BO run it's because TLJ caused a lot of problems to the brand and franchise.  Solo could do well as a SW movie if the franchise was strong, it could coast forward with good sales just on the SW movie label alone.  But the issues TLJ created combined with a mediocre Solo movie is exactly the topic that needs to be discussed.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

No offense, but you could actually just be born from the YouTube comment section. This last sentence of yours shows a level of arrogance and ignorance that is common in these unholy waters. And thats why you land on my ignore list ;) because you know, while i also think that Black Panther got way more praise than it deserves purely as a movie, there are vastly better ways to express yourself.

I am legitimately curious bc I don't seen any difference in phrasing or tone from all the other posts arguing the opposite direction. How is my post so different?

i didn't even make a value judgement like the opposing posts of whether that is a good or bad thing, just acknowledged that it happened.

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

how can you be racist about Last Jedi? There weren't any black characters to be racist against....?