Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

35 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tarkin besides nerds though. Also, Tarkin wasn't advertised.

Well this is a BO forum.  We are all nerds here.  So what's your point?

It would be fun for the rest of the year to guess which movies will out-gross Solo WW.

Mamma Mia 2?  Aquaman? Bumblebee? Venom? Alita? WIR 2? Mary Poppins?  Unknown Chinese breakout film? the possibilities are endless :lol:

Edited by NCsoft

1 minute ago, Nova said:

It is a holiday in the US which is why that drop is even more abysmal. Without a holiday it would be dropping closer to 75% :sadno:

No way. I thought people enjoyed it. Why the huge drops? Any guesses?

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

So if 33m holds, Solo's Friday proper is only 1m higher than Apocalypse's. Following that gets it 73m for the 3 day and about 87.5 for the 4 day. Apocalypse's multi gets it 172m. 

I think Solo will get a boost on June 15-17 thanks to Incredibles 2 and Father's Day. That's the only positive outlook though 

6 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

If it goes higher from 33 to say 36, 90+ 3-day is possible with a big Sat bump from true Friday

22 [36 od]

28.5 (+30%)

26 (-9%)

= 90.5

Openers don't get big Sat bumps like that this weekend. Look at the history of this weekend if you don't believe me. It's lots of sub 10% increases from Friday proper, even some decreases. Hey, Solo could be a huge anomaly I suppose, but just pointing out that's what it would have to be to get a big Sat bump. 

• Like 2

Just now, Alli said:

No way. I thought people enjoyed it. Why the huge drops? Any guesses?

I have no idea to be honest. But I thought if it got $12.5M for Friday it would be a decent drop but I guess not. 

• Like 1

Just now, NCsoft said:

It would be fun for the rest of the year to guess which movies will out-gross Solo WW.

Mamma Mia 2?  Aquaman? Bumblebee? Venom? Alita? WIR 2? Mary Poppins? the possibilities are endless :lol:

kind of reminds me in 2009 where sites were joking about which movies would end up having a higher gross than Terminator Salvation 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hey everyone Solo is one of the biggest franchise collapses in cinematic history and DP2 is holding abysmally BUT....IW is set to have a strong hold! And really what else matters? 

Image result for party gif

To be fair, after the mind-blowing masterpiece that is AIW, everything else is condemned to pale badly by comparison. 

BTW, I loved DP2, but I also understand why the GA doesn't love it as much as the first one. The first one was 50% SH movie and 50% parody, whereas the sequel is basically 90% parody. Something that I enjoyed, but the GA was looking for something a bit more conventional. 

As for Solo, I am not expecting to hate it all (only gonna watch it after I have watched AIW for the 4th time) but the immense damage inflicted by the uber-clusterf*ck that was TLJ is pulling it down into oblivion...

Edited by PPZVGOS
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, langer said:

Well this is a BO forum.  We are all nerds here.  So what's your point?

The amount of moviegoers affected by a minor character being recast compared to the likes of Han and Lando is infinitesmall. 

Just now, Rebeccas said:

Deadpool is fine. They made back their money already. 

A drop like that is not "fine" even if they made their money back. Let's not sugar coat abysmal numbers 

• Community Manager

50 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It's going to have made $5b in box office alone in 4 films you twit.  

If you think Solo is so far doing well at the box office, well, I guess denial isn't just a river.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Openers don't get big Sat bumps like that this weekend. Look at the history of this weekend if you don't believe me. It's lots of sub 10% increases from Friday proper, even some decreases. Hey, Solo could be a huge anomaly I suppose, but just pointing out that's what it would have to be to get a big Sat bump. 

Yeah I was just seeing how 90+ could happen over FSS. Seems nearly impossible with 35 or less Friday.

Edited by A2k Raptor

7 minutes ago, Alli said:

Why is Deadpool dropping that much? Is it not a holiday in the us? Deadline is not to be trusted with projections this early

I would not trust these projections. Deadpool and Infinity War with only 90% increases against a mid sized opener in Solo seems low

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

A drop like that is not "fine" even if they made their money back. Let's not sugar coat abysmal numbers 

Let's wait. I still think numbers will go up. The drop is too harsh

Solo might not be in the top 5 WW for the summer. Probably barely make the top 10.

IW: $2B

JWFK: $1.4B

TI2: $1.05B

DP2: $770M

AMATW: $750M

MIF: $670M

HT3: $600M

Skyscraper: $580M

MM2: $575M

Solo: $560M

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord