Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

@Blankments

Just got out.  It's fun, good story, moves fast, good performances, Chewy is good.  

Having said that it's just a good movie.  Nothing I'll remember all that much.  Good time at the movies, won't see it again.

7.5/10

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

I have no idea to be honest. But I thought if it got $12.5M for Friday it would be a decent drop but I guess not. 

Calm down and wait for the actuals. It is going to be fine (it is already).

Celine-Dion-Ashes-video-1525360188-640x4

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Where Solo might end up WW this summer:

1. IW - $2B

2. FK - $1.2B+

3. I2 - $1B+

4. MI6 - $800M

5. DP2 - $775M

6. AMATW - $750M

7. MM2 - $550M

8. Skyscraper - $525M

9. Christopher Robin - $500M

10. HT3 - $475M

11. O8 - $400M

12. Solo - $380m

A bit to high for CR, meethinks. It will do well here, UK and Japan but I’m curious about the others.

HT3 seems low too. 

Also curious, what would the numbers look like for Solo?

The matinees must be in the toilet for them to go with $33M already. I'm expecting that to rise a bit, but that would be extremely brutal if true. 

That said, with the way overseas territories including well correlated to domestic performances like Australia are going, it would seem to be par for the course.

12 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Solo might not be in the top 5 WW for the summer. Probably barely make the top 10.

IW: $2B

JWFK: $1.4B

TI2: $1.05B

DP2: $770M

AMATW: $750M

MIF: $670M

HT3: $600M

Skyscraper: $580M

MM2: $575M

Solo: $560M

Shit...you're good with predictions. Only 670M for MIF ....:whosad:

Edited by Alli

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

A bit to high for CR, meethinks. It will do well here, UK and Japan but I’m curious about the others.

HT3 seems low too. 

Also curious, what would the numbers look like for Solo?

180/200 DOM/OS. Very possible based on the OS openings so far and that 33m OD number DOM. 

6 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

So guys, while I felt Solo would be a flop from a Star Wars point of view, how bad is it exactly both DOm and OS? I was very busy so I didn't follow at all...

The film seems a bit better than some people feared but not enough to save it, apparently.

So, 650-700m WW?

Think more around 550M WW at a stretch. Jurassic World 2 will be killing any late OS legs it could have.

• Astonished 1

Oof, 19M true Friday would be b-b-b-b-bad.            

DHD numbers for DP2 and IW are also bad, possibly indicating that the May cluster$&%# is in full effect this weekend, but I’ll wait for real numbers from Rth-sama before doing any projecting there.

1 minute ago, Alli said:

Shit...you're good with predictions. Only 670M ....:whosad:

I'm thinking around 700M for Fallout but I don't see why it would do significantly better than Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation. 

4 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

It's going to be lucky to do 550M at this point.

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

Lower your WW by $200M and you'd have a good range....if that. 

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Pretty objectively awful overseas. Heading towards like 220 domestic (it's a family-ish film with summer weekdays and decent WOM, it'll get over 200).

OMG it's more awful than in my worst possible forecasts, that's really a flop at this point, not just from a SW point of view but as a whole...

• Like 1

Deadline's math is def wonky. 80-90 3-day and 105-115 4-day means they expect a 25 Monday period.

POTC3 did 25.1 Monday on it's way to Mem Day weekend record.

19 = 33 od

25 (+31.5%)

25 N/C = 83 FSS

25 N/C = 108 FSSM

:sparta:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

So guys, while I felt Solo would be a flop from a Star Wars point of view, how bad is it exactly both DOm and OS? I was very busy so I didn't follow at all...

The film seems a bit better than some people feared but not enough to save it, apparently.

So, 650-700m WW?

It is still early, but it looks like Solo won't beat TLJ after all.

• Haha 2

Just now, Mekanos said:

I'm thinking around 700M for Fallout but I don't see why it would do significantly better than Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation. 

One word - 3D. 3D still makes a big difference in Asia and South America.

Just now, A2k Raptor said:

Deadline's math is def wonky. 80-90 3-day and 105-115 4-day means they expect a 25 Monday period.

POTC3 did 25.1 Monday on it's way to Mem Day weekend record.

19 = 33 od

25 (+31.5%)

25 N/C = 83 FSS

25 N/C = 108 FSSM

:sparta:

Can you see if their math is wonky for Deadpool 2 and Book Club? I feel like Book Club is especially off. 

1 minute ago, Mekanos said:

:whosad:  It comes after three well received movies, but i guess you may be right. Also august this year has bigger competition than when RN was released.

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

Shit...you're good with predictions. Only 670M for MIF ....:whosad:

Thinking I might be too low with Fallout and too high with Solo.

• Like 1