Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

Just now, Chewy said:

We are way under Justice League at this point, not even a question

Even removing China, JL did 552. That's out of reach for Solo too with the numbers so far.

Eh I think Fantastic Beasts is probably a good comparison domestically.......unnecessary, hookless prequel with middling market/reviews that opened low and then legged out to about 230 domestically. 

Overseas, I got nothing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'm genuinely curious, how are people still getting 450+ WW numbers for Solo, let alone 500+? Did it open big in a big market that I'm unaware of? Are people expecting 250+ DOM from a 33m OD? 

well it stil has Japan but it will probably underperform there too since Rogue One actually underperformed compared to the other SW films in Japan

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'm genuinely curious, how are people still getting 450+ WW numbers for Solo, let alone 500+? Did it open big in a big market that I'm unaware of? Are people expecting 250+ DOM from a 33m OD? 

I think they expect DH # to be too low since too early (possible) and some decent WOM until JW2 dom. other than that, no idea. OS isn't just a disaster, it's an embarrassment. 

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Eh I think Fantastic Beasts is probably a good comparison domestically.......unnecessary, hookless prequel with middling market/reviews that opened low and then legged out to about 230 domestically. 

Overseas, I got nothing

Fantastic Beasts had the Thanksgiving holiday second weekend, and then the Christmas and New Year's holidays later

Solo is already using its major holiday first weekend. I guess it will get a boost on Father's Day weekend though

43 minutes ago, Nova said:

That Deadpool 2 drop is 65% on the low end and could go to 70%. Yet people called me crazy in the Thursday thread when I said it would drop that badly. 

RIP 

A worse drop for deadpool than even BvS. Shitty move by fox has caused a cross cannibalization of hype and box office of three major blockbusters.

Just now, Valonqar said:

I think they expect DH # to be too low since too early (possible) and some decent WOM until JW2 dom. other than that, no idea. OS isn't just a disaster, it's an embarrassment. 

This is a Star Trek Into Darkness sized failure OS

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Deadline numbers have DP2 doing a 3.2 - 3.6 multi off a 12.5 Friday... on a Holiday w/e

Alien Covenant did 3.5x last year so I think you're right in say that a 3.6 would be the floor but I won't get my hopes up like I did last weekend :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Istealnames said:

A worse drop for deadpool than even BvS. Shitty move by fox has caused a cross cannibalization of hype and box office of three major blockbusters.

Under a 2x incoming for Deadpool 2 

:sparta:

• Sad 1