Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I think they expect DH # to be too low since too early (possible) and some decent WOM until JW2 dom. other than that, no idea. OS isn't just a disaster, it's an embarrassment. 

I mean it is Deadline and it is early so you never know, but they've done nothing but overestimate this movie hugely. Even last night they tried to imply their 130-150 range could still happen with 13-15 previews. I'd be pretty shocked if they're lowballing the early numbers here.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'm genuinely curious, how are people still getting 450+ WW numbers for Solo, let alone 500+? Did it open big in a big market that I'm unaware of? Are people expecting 250+ DOM from a 33m OD? 

Probably mid-high 80s ow needed for 230-240 dom and 450 ww:

88*2.67 = 235

with a 52-48 Dom-OS split, 235+215=450 ww

500 ww looks far away unless Asgards spring a surprise with Fri 4-5 higher than Deadline's.

1 minute ago, Kraken said:

Not The Dink!

He's avoided the curse so far but casting directors still need to tread carefully. Marvel was playing with fire

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

All the GoTers are to some extent, stop casting them!

Not my boy Dinklage (unless you count him getting patched out the first Destiny since he essentially phoned that performance in :ph34r:). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

All the GoTers are to some extent, stop casting them!

Missandei made the right call in hitching her coattails to Fast and Furious while it was rising to its peak

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

You mean Beyond. 

All the Star Trek movies have failed OS. It's tough to keep track of which one did less worse.

Edit - Also finally ST fans can claim victory over SW if it does less than STID WW.

Edited by oMeriMombatti

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Deadline numbers have DP2 doing a 3.2 - 3.6 multi off a 12.5 Friday... on a Holiday w/e

IF the 12.5 Friday number sticks then a 3.6-3.8 multi is not low. I looked at last year and  giving DP2 better drops than Alien it will get to 46.5 which is not far from Deadlines upper number. Following Guardians 2 drops gets DP2 to about 3.8x multi or something. Its the Thursday drop for DP2 and the muted Friday increase that is killing DP2 atm. 

However I think that Friday number will rise for Deadpool and I also agree that a 3.2 multi is too low

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

This is a Star Trek Into Darkness sized failure OS

while Star Trek Into Darkness didn't do great overseas considering the budget it had, it was still the biggest a Star Trek movie ever did overseas. Solo is far more shocking since it has been proven this franchise can do well overseas

Just now, 4815162342 said:

Missandei made the right call in hitching her coattails to Fast and Furious while it was rising to its peak

but then they got over-zealous and cast the ginger beard guy in 8 and suddenly over $100 million drop domestic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1