WrathOfHan

Monday Numbers (Estimates on Page 9): Deadpool 12M | Infinity War 2.7M

With the 2.8m Monday number, here is were IW would finish if it follows these movies:

TA: $710,025,379

GOTG2: $685,298,226

Thor1: $667,125,166

Ultron: $663,556,852

IM3: $651,462,193

CW: $647,096,991

The path to $700m is very narrow, but still a glimmer of hope; my guess is $660-$680 range.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Punishment said:

With the 2.8m Monday number, here is were IW would finish if it follows these movies:

TA: $710,025,379

GOTG2: $685,298,226

Thor1: $667,125,166

Ultron: $663,556,852

IM3: $651,462,193

CW: $647,096,991

The path to $700m is very narrow, but still a glimmer of hope; my guess is $660-$680 range.

It's already at a 2.32 multiplier - by the end of MD it should be around $625m with a 2.42 multi.  There's no reason it should start to behave like movies who's multipliers it's already lapped or soon will.  That and it's not going to just make $22-25m more off a $20m 4 day w/e with summer days coming up.  I think $670m is the low bar

• Like 2

I'm legit confused by the reaction to Infinity War's Monday number. $2.8M is only a 39.5% Monday-to-Monday drop, its best so far in the run and its first sub-40% drop for any day. And the drop from Sunday is only 70%, compared to 75.8% and 77.4% in the last two weeks.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

I'm legit confused by the reaction to Infinity War's Monday number. $2.8M is only a 39.5% Monday-to-Monday drop, its best so far in the run and its first sub-40% drop for any day. And the drop from Sunday is only 70%, compared to 75.8% and 77.4% in the last two weeks.

Peace,

Mike

This. I also dont understand the doom and gloom here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MikeQ said:

Peace,

Mike

The week to week drop is excellent.  I'm just surprised it didn't have a better hold from Sunday seeing it was a holiday here.  The theatre I was at yesterday had a sellout for it in the afternoon.  But when you put it in perspective, it fell 72% from Sunday this week where as, as you mentioned, it fell 75.8 and 77.4% the last two weeks, so it did get a bit of a Canadian bump.

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

This. I also dont understand the doom and gloom here.

It's not doom and gloom.  I think people might be comparing it to the dP2 drop, which is unfortunate because DP2 is also rated R and they usually have a better hold on Monday as it is. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It's already at a 2.32 multiplier - by the end of MD it should be around $625m with a 2.42 multi.  There's no reason it should start to behave like movies who's multipliers it's already lapped or soon will.  That and it's not going to just make $22-25m more off a $20m 4 day w/e with summer days coming up.  I think $670m is the low bar

I agree, I just list all those movies for perspective/comparison; I think Memorial Day weekend will move those numbers up a bit to.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Why is anyone surprised at this horrible Monday number?  Deadpool stole so much of Infinity wars potential audience. 

only ones surprised are yammering youtube idiots who make up crap in order to get clicks. They are surprised that IW held much better than their doom and gloom hopes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Why is anyone surprised at this horrible Monday number?  Deadpool stole so much of Infinity wars potential audience. 

How is the IW number horrible? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

That's exactly how this should be viewed.  Compared to last Monday its pretty damn good, and overall it should have a pretty good week.  Something in the neighborhood of another 35m+ added Dom between Mon-Sun coming up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Clearly you need to understand box office a little better.  Before you post something outlandish and outrageous like this, do a little research.  It makes a big difference.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I just want to congratulate AQP on its soon to be 300M WW. :bravo: 

That's insane to me.

• Like 1