MikeQ

Tuesday Numbers (May 22): DP2 12.4 | IW 2.86 | BC 2.8

6 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Asgard 2, from the Monday thread:

Peace,

Mike

That's ridiculous, I expected the movie to drop as it was a holiday yesterday in Canada. An increase is mighty impressive and shows you WOM is pretty great out there. No surprises though, movie is pretty hysterical.

• Like 1

$12.7M for Deadpool 2 would be higher than Deadpool's first Tuesday of $11.55M. But obviously the first Deadpool opened in February (vs May) and had an inflated holiday Monday preceding the Tuesday. So a comparison perhaps isn't that useful. 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is the first number that truly stuns me for DP2.  The numbers could go up or down when they are tabulated more concisely in about two or three hours, but if that 12.7 holds, that's a 6% increase.  That would be kind of stunning.  Alien Covenant fell the exact same amount in terms of % (62.5%) as dP2 did and it only went up by 1.8% on it's first Tuesday.  Fury Road fell 58% on it's first Monday and then dropped 5.6% on its first Tuesday.  So if this number is correct, it's quite a good sign for WOM and legs and so on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, A2k Raptor said:

If Tuesday is >12.7 like EC says then can see much more than 59.3 4-day

9.8 (-25%)

8.3 (-15%)

15.4 (+86%)

22.2 (+44%)

20.2 (-9%) = 57.8 3-day (-54%)

16.8 (-17%) = 74.6 4-day (-41%)

If it plays like Alien: Resurrection, it would make less on Friday than Monday

3 hours ago, Mulder said:

If this sticks that shows why doom and gloom just because of a slightly deflated OW number isn't always the right reaction.

There never should have been any doom and gloom for a movie that had the second highest opening weekend ever for an R rated movie.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thematrixfilm said:

If it plays like Fury Road, it'll make about the same on both friday and monday.  I don't think it will play like AR, wom seems much stronger.

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

There never should have been any doom and gloom for a movie that had the second highest opening weekend ever for an R rated movie.  

“Second,” Baumer. Don’t you know that second means you’re losing to more than 1000x as many movies as first? It’s a wonder people were able to make it through the weekend at all ;) 

• Like 2

DP2 had crazy increase at my theatre tonight from yesterday, despite yesterday being a holiday here. It’s now ahead of the first film’s 5-day total here, since I guess DP2 had a holiday weekend at my theatre while DP1 didnt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

9 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

I think you mean Covfefe. That had a 2.05x multi overall (74.3 dom / 36.2 ow) and had a very bad 2nd weekend drop (-71% 3-day / -63% 4-day) so not a good comp imo.

• Like 2