The Phantom Menace

Attack of the Clones

The Clone Wars animated movie

Rogue One

The Force Awakens

The Last Jedi

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

I guess Rose shouldn't be in Episode 9 because some people might see Episode 9 who didn't see Episode 8 by your logic.

Episode 9 isn't intending to be a standalone film like the spin off movies are. Even then, the magical things about good sequels are they throw in just enough to catch everyone up to speed incase they didn't see the first. It's pretty common to do that if you pay attention to what they're saying during the exposition. Empire does this really damn well. Standalone means standalone, not "this movie is heavily relying on other films because without them there's no merits to it".

4 hours ago, GirafficPark said:

Solo had a really nice mix of the feel of both OT and PT, and avoided most of the garbage of the ST. It feels to me like a product of 1-6 and the EU, and its as if 7 and 8 never happened. If only..

The sad thing is LF will probably take its BO failure as sign it went wrong here, when it actually went wrong at TFA by painting itself into a corner of boring and mediocre.

This take is very short-sighted. It's pretty obvious to anyone thinking objectively that TFA-like movies are the way to go commercially. I'm sure LF sees the same otherwise they wouldn't have re-hired JJ Abrams.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Episode 9 isn't intending to be a standalone film like the spin off movies are. Even then, the magical things about good sequels are they throw in just enough to catch everyone up to speed incase they didn't see the first. It's pretty common to do that if you pay attention to what they're saying during the exposition. Empire does this really damn well. Standalone means standalone, not "this movie is heavily relying on other films because without them there's no merits to it".

I'm pretty sure a person doesn't have to have watched any Star Wars movie at all to enjoy Solo purely as a bit of fun escapism. That's actually one of the criticisms I've heard against it, ironically enough.

Can we charge this movie of crimes for egregiously wasting Thandie Newton? And here I thought her Condoleezza Rice performance in W. was hard to top as the nadir of her career.

• Like 1

Can we all stop the lies saying that the WOM is positive when you can tell just by reading this forum that the WOM is going to be mixed at best. 

4 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

Can we all stop the lies saying that the WOM is positive when you can tell just by reading this forum that the WOM is going to be mixed at best. 

Well I can tell by looking at the poll in the thread in RTM that 23/28 votes are A or B. Which indicates generally positive reception here to me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Well I can tell by looking at the poll in the thread in RTM that 23/28 votes are A or B. Which indicates generally positive reception here to me.

That doesn’t make sense based on what I’ve been reading :huh:

1 minute ago, Box Office Freak said:

That doesn’t make sense based on what I’ve been reading :huh:

This is an internet forum. The people who shout the loudest and the most are the ones who drive the conversation, regardless of the size of the group.

It is tradition by this point for the people who dislike a given Star Wars film the most to be the ones weighing down every conversation, because the people who like it don't want to waste time or engage with a conversation that will go nowhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

This is an internet forum. The people who shout the loudest and the most are the ones who drive the conversation, regardless of the size of the group.

It is tradition by this point for the people who dislike a given Star Wars film the most to be the ones weighing down every conversation, because the people who like it don't want to waste time or engage with a conversation that will go nowhere.

Now I want a This is America parody video but about Internet forums. 

23 minutes ago, Box Office Freak said:

No offence, but this place is fucking weird.

41 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Can we charge this movie of crimes for egregiously wasting Thandie Newton? And here I thought her Condoleezza Rice performance in W. was hard to top as the nadir of her career.

really a totally fine, though small, performance in this is the "nadir of her career"? she was the love interest in Norbit. have you ever considered... not being too much?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

really a totally fine, though small, performance in this is the "nadir of her career"? she was the love interest in Norbit. have you ever considered... not being too much?

I honestly forgot she was in Norbit lol (been trying to block that movie out for the last 11 years). She was definitely the only decent thing about it though.

But yeah, I wanted more of her in this. Pretty sure she didn't have 5 minutes of screentime? They could've casted a random unknown in the role.

Edited by filmlover

I am not the most knowledgeable SW fan so when they salvaged parts of Lando's robot, I thought it was somehow connected to that guy:

lobot_0ee16719.jpeg?region=173,150,1540,

Now we may never get his origin story. :whosad:

wait Darth Maul is in this?  The guy that got cut in half 20 years ago?   hahahahahahahahahaah 

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

wait Darth Maul is in this?  The guy that got cut in half 20 years ago?   hahahahahahahahahaah 

Yeah, for 30 seconds in hologram form (with the help of CGI de-aging on Ray Park). At first I was confused by the timeline but apparently it has to do with one of those animated TV shows (I wouldn't know because my knowledge is limited to only the movies).

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I honestly forgot she was in Norbit lol (been trying to block that movie out for the last 11 years). She was definitely the only decent thing about it though.

But yeah, I wanted more of her in this. Pretty sure she didn't have 5 minutes of screentime? They could've casted a random unknown in the role.

hey man, no small parts only small actors.

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Yes.

He was re-introduced in the Clone Wars tv show at the end of Season 4 (with a robotic lower half) and was a recurring villain in the final main season (not counting the truncated season 6 that was dumped onto Netflix). He then returned at the very end of Season 2 of the Rebels tv show and again recurred as a villain in a few Season 3 episodes until Obi-Wan killed him on Tatooine in the penultimate episode in 5 seconds.

PossiblePinkCaimanlizard-size_restricted

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

Yes.

He was re-introduced in the Clone Wars tv show at the end of Season 4 (with a robotic lower half) and was a recurring villain in the final main season (not counting the truncated season 6 that was dumped onto Netflix). He then returned at the very end of Season 2 of the Rebels tv show and again recurred as a villain in a few Season 3 episodes until Obi-Wan killed him on Tatooine in the penultimate episode in 5 seconds.

PossiblePinkCaimanlizard-size_restricted

That scene was very well done.  It showed the motivation of both characters and also the wit and mastery of Obiwan.  Tricking Maul by using the same stance as Qui Gonn and Maul falling for it is simply awesome.  

Well done Rebels and well done LF for making this cannon to the GA.  

• Like 2