Water Bottle

*SPOILER* SOLO A StAR WaRS StorY *SPOILER THREAD* *SPOILERS IN HERE*

This was good btw.

Ehrenreich was pretty good. Though, for all the hype, Glover is pretty much doing a (good!) impersonation - really nothing to talk about there.

I wasn't really on board with the opening (bar Powell's stunning opening cue and introduction to Williams' brilliant theme), but once Chewy came I had a lot of fun with it. Sad it's flopping tbh.

• Like 6

Ok it's that time again

1. The Gang Turns Black

2. Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer

3. Hero or Hate Crime?

4. The Gang Goes to a Water Park

5. Wolf Cola: A Public Relations Nightmare

6. PTSDee

7. Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy

8. Dennis' Double Life

9. The Gang Tends Bar

10. A Cricket's Tale

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Ok it's that time again

1. The Gang Turns Black

2. Making Dennis Reynolds a Murderer

3. Hero or Hate Crime?

4. The Gang Goes to a Water Park

5. Wolf Cola: A Public Relations Nightmare

6. PTSDee

7. Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy

8. Dennis' Double Life

9. The Gang Tends Bar

10. A Cricket's Tale

Swap 2 and 3 for my ranking.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 5:24 PM, Box Office Freak said:

I’d also like add that every time Clarke and Han made out in this movie my audience groaned/ cringed. People did not like seeing Han with someone other than Leía 

Fuckers.

Also, Qira looked so much like the Shay's girlfriend, I enjoyed the movie immensely. :)

• Astonished 1

That Star Trek movie from 2009 is the standard for how to cast actors to play young versions of iconic characters. Solo failed, in part, because the Han actor just couldn't capture the feel of Ford's character, so it never feels like you are watching "Han Solo" up there. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Arlborn said:

This take is very short-sighted. It's pretty obvious to anyone thinking objectively that TFA-like movies are the way to go commercially. I'm sure LF sees the same otherwise they wouldn't have re-hired JJ Abrams.

I'm pretty sure a person doesn't have to have watched any Star Wars movie at all to enjoy Solo purely as a bit of fun escapism. That's actually one of the criticisms I've heard against it, ironically enough.

Star wars would do well enough long term if they hadnt started out like TFA. They painted themselves into a very mediocre and dull corner with TFA. Sure TFA itself did huge money, but the returns since arent so stellar. Its like TFA was them peaking far too soon financially and from now on its downhill all the way. A more adventurous, and more planned out approach would have given the franchise a much longer lifespan, and ultimately more money.

They rehired Abrams because they paniced, and at the wrong time. He cant do conclusions, so EP9 will be an unsatisfying mess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1