Water Bottle

*SPOILER* SOLO A StAR WaRS StorY *SPOILER THREAD* *SPOILERS IN HERE*

anyway:

the opening is kinda weird. until he joins the empire i wasn't really vibing with it at all

then the train bit and the kessel run is fun. all the action is fun and when it gets going it pretty much keeps going. the movie works because it's so simple and straightforward.

paul bettany rules best performance in the movie IMO

the droid is annoying i was happy she died early ish

lando felt underused to me but he's fun

emilia clarke is in this

i liked the ending where everyone is betraying everyone THAT'S what i meant when i said it reminded me of the pirates of the caribbean movies not "alden ehrenreich is the next johnny depp" or whatever people were yelling at me about for saying that.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 6

Guys Maul can't appear in the Obi-Wan movie.

Maul came back from "the dead" in The Clone Wars animated series.

Maul and Obi-Wan had their duel in Rebels set roughly 2 years before ANH. Obi-Wan killed him in that episode. And it was made VERY clear they had not encountered one another since The Clone Wars.

Anyone telling you Kenobi will face Maul in his film doesn't know what they are talking about.

Ben_Maul_Feat.jpg?x42694

Edited by Cheebs86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was surprised to see Godzilla in this. Having him destroying the falcon was a bold move, as well as showing that in the aftermath, Chewy, Lando and Han are just clones of their former real selves. I didnt need to see the real Chewy getting slowly burned alive by Big G's atomic breath though. A bit too harsh for me. Altough Emilias' death at the hands of Jabba was truly cinematic, with all the slime and such. Great stuff.

Also, stay for the end credits scene. Ewan McGregor showing up and saying "Hello There" to Darth Maul was gold.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

giphy.gif

You're making this movie sound much worse than the details ever did, but you did like this. Hmmmmmm :thinking: 

that and the enfys nest parts are really the only things that made me go "ah, fuck this" the rest is fun!

• Like 1

ok so if darth maul can't be in the obi wan movie that's COOL.

so i hope this fucking bombs like you guys are saying it will so we don't have to put up with darth maul in a sequel and that little tease can go in the pile with tim blake nelson's the leader in incredible hulk.

still liked the movie btw.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

20 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

ok so if darth maul can't be in the obi wan movie that's COOL.

so i hope this fucking bombs like you guys are saying it will so we don't have to put up with darth maul in a sequel and that little tease can go in the pile with tim blake nelson's the leader in incredible hulk.

still liked the movie btw.

We have had tons of Maul content since they brought him back from the dead, not like this appearance is really that weird or surprising given how much we have had him in the television series' so far.

Lucasfilm treats the tv content on the same level as the films, this isn't new.

Edited by Cheebs86

Well hey, if nothing else I'm thrilled they're finally deciding to make Maul's survival in TPM canon. If we're gonna keep getting all these unnecessary prequel spin offs, then they surely should be utilizing the most wasted potential character to come out of the prequels. Though it sounds like his appearance here is an epic fail. Why am I not surprised. All on board him having a significant role in Obi Wan though. Assuming anymore of these spin offs even get made anytime remotely soon if this does bad enough. 

Just now, Cheebs86 said:

We have had tons of Maul content since they brought him back from the dead, not like this appearance is really that weird or surprising given how much we have had him in the television series' so far.

oh my god. whatever. he was on some cartoon that's great. at least the agents of shield villains stay on agents of shield.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

14 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the droid is annoying i was happy she died early ish

She's in The Last Shot book that takes place after ROTJ, when Ben Solo was just a toddler. So I guess her return in the sequel(s) is inevitable. 

Just now, Valonqar said:

She's in The Last Shot book that takes place after ROTJ, when Ben Solo was just a toddler. So I guess her return in the sequel(s) is inevitable. 

oh yeah they plugged her mind into the millennium falcon so she's in the ship so i was guessing they'll bring her back eventually.

14 minutes ago, Cheebs86 said:

Maul and Obi-Wan had their duel in Rebels set roughly 2 years before ANH. Obi-Wan killed him in that episode. And it was made VERY clear they had not encountered one another since The Clone Wars.

Anyone telling you Kenobi will face Maul in his film doesn't know what they are talking about.

Ben_Maul_Feat.jpg?x42694

They could adapt that for the movie or just retcon it 

15 minutes ago, Cheebs86 said:

Ben_Maul_Feat.jpg?x42694

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lmao @ you hating what sounds like the only redeeming thing to come out of this movie's existence. 

as someone who's seen more star wars movies than anyone else in this thread i'm the authority on Darth Maul sucking ass and he does sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Yeah, I'm not too sure they'll keep to cartoon canon considering movies still have far bigger reach and from GA POV Maul died in TPM

@CoolioD1 So how's Lando's much advertised pansexuality? 

Edited by Valonqar

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

as someone who's seen more star wars movies than anyone else in this thread i'm the authority on Darth Maul sucking ass and he does sorry.

Sorry, but I can't take anyone seriously who's proudly sporting an Adolf Thirdreich avi as the authority on anything of quality. ;)

Edited by MovieMan89

10 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

oh my god. whatever. he was on some cartoon that's great. at least the agents of shield villains stay on agents of shield.

Not really comparable. Marvel Studios has no involvement in the television shows. Lucasfilm produces the Star Wars shows themselves. It's all done by the same production studio so things clearly cross over more and will continue to do so.

George Lucas himself said The Clone Wars tv series in his view was equally as important as the 6 saga films for example.

7 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Yeah, I'm not too sure they'll keep to cartoon canon considering movies still have far bigger reach and from GA POV Maul died in TPM

@CoolioD1 So how's Lando's much advertised pansexuality? 

Solo pretty much proves they will keep to cartoon canon as they have Maul in it due to his appearance in the cartoon with the same voice actor as the cartoon.

Not to mention Lucasfilm made it very clear that everything from 2014 on wards will be 100% canon. The Maul vs. Obi-Wan battle was in Rebels in 2016ish.

Edited by Cheebs86