Water Bottle

*SPOILER* SOLO A StAR WaRS StorY *SPOILER THREAD* *SPOILERS IN HERE*

27 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I wasn't a fan of the name Han Solo having an explanation. Feels like something that certainly didn't need a explanation.

It feels as though this is almost a microcosm of the entire problem with SW since Disney took over. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Well can u name any of the women in Carol, the men in The Master, the other characters in Alien, or the lead in Amadeus?

The lead in Amadeus? Salieri. In The Master the two leading dudes are Freddie Quell and Lancaster Dodd. Ironically 3 of my favorite movie characters.

So not bad, better than TLJ and obviously TFA. I think i prefer RO though. The Maul thing seemed an odd choice, but i didnt mind it. I though the acting was fine, and although a little slow to get into its ends well. It doesnt feel like a movie that had problems like those reported (which i didnt really care about anyway).

• Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 3:02 PM, John Marston said:

So which half of Darth Maul appears in this movie?

Exactly.  I don't watch the cartoons, so this reveal with absolutely no narrative logic or explanation is pretty ludicrous.  You can leave some mystery for another movie, but for a guy who last appeared *on the big screen* in two entirely different pieces falling down an unending industrial tunnel...it's ludicrous that they don't even refer to his 'resurrection' -- whatever it took to do it.  Not even a "Hate can drive you to extraordinary things." 

On 5/23/2018 at 3:24 PM, Cheebs86 said:

We have had tons of Maul content since they brought him back from the dead, not like this appearance is really that weird or surprising given how much we have had him in the television series' so far.

Lucasfilm treats the tv content on the same level as the films, this isn't new.

It doesn't matter.  I shouldn't have to watch or read anything else to understand *what's going on in a movie.*

23 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

fellas it's not that big of a deal (in this movie) it's not the very last scene but if star wars movies had post credits scenes it probably would've just been the post credits scene.

It IS a big deal, because they don't explain shit. 

Again, I'm not asking for an over-explanation (something Hollywood does do too much these days), but there should be at the very least *some* vague reference or understanding to how a being survived from last we saw him *literally split in two* on screen twenty years ago. 

This only teaches viewers to ask less and less questions about narrative, character, and consequence.  It's not a good thing.  It's just further indication that logical storytelling doesn't seem to matter to Kennedy or Lucasfilm. 

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MonstersandRoy said:

My friend went to the toilet once during Solo, and it was for the entire Darth Maul scene. When he returned he thought I was bullshitting him.

Why would someone go so late in the film? Might as well have held it at that point.

• Like 1

Scattered thoughts

The entire thing with robot with Nicki Minaj hips turning into the Falcons sat-nav might be the most unnecessary origin story put to film.

Was Thandie Newton the first black woman to ever speak in these movies? 

Also I think her shit got reworked and cut because her and that monkey-spider alien met a very abrupt end.

Han Solo inadvertently starting the Rebellion... why?

So is Darth Maul gonna be the Thanos of these spin-off movies? I can kinda dig it.

Personally really enjoyed this. Thought Alden did a good job. It takes a quick minute to get used to but once it's rolling he's pretty charismatic.

Donglover feels a bit like he's doing an impression for a lot of the movie, which I never got from Alden so that kinda surprised me. He wasn't bad or anything but Alden did a better job than him imo.

There were so many double crosses in the end, which is right up my alley. Doesn't meet the insanity of the Pirates movies in that regard but a strong showing regardless. 

Darth Maul didn't bother me since I'm one of the dorks which watches the TV shows. Sue me. Him waving his lightsaber about in a hologram is hilarious and absolutely the kind of bitch move he would do. That being said, I think I would've preffered it without those scenes. Would've been crack up if Qi'ra just fucked off with the ship as soon as Han left. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

They were already rebels before they met Han.

There were like 6 of them.

What was the spark that started a galaxy wide military rebellion? Han Solo.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, aabattery said:

There were so many double crosses in the end, which is right up my alley. Doesn't meet the insanity of the Pirates movies in that regard but a strong showing regardless. 

I liked that as well and the fact that Han was able to get one up over Beckett. I'm also relieved that Qi'ra didn't die or completely betray Han because I thought that was going to be her ultimate fate. Sure she left Han but she saved him from Vos first. Speaking of which, I'm glad she was the one to kill Vos as well because that was bad ass.

• Like 2