Ezen Baklattan

RAISE YOUR GLASS - The Hourglass Pictures Exposition

Most Anticipated Film of Hourglass Pictures in....  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Y4?

• Aera Rising (dir. Daron Nefcy)
    • Benji & Me (dir. Michael Dougherty)
    • Cassia of the Night (dir. Julia Ducornau)
    • Francis (dir. Edgar Wright)
    • Freddy Zapper & the Manifesto of Doom (dir. James Bobin)
    • Katamari Damacy (dir. Daniel Scheinert and Daniel Kwan)
    • Starlit Highway (dir. Stephen Chbosky)
  2. 2. Y5 and Beyond?

• Appleton Express (dir. Taika Waititi)
    • The Epsilon Syndicate: Union of Thieves (dir. Drew Goddard)
    • Spark: Euphoria / Evermore (dir. Jennifer Yuh)
    • Two Lonely Bounty Hunters (dir. David Soren)
    • Wallace and Gromit (dir. Nick Park and Richars Starzak)

The time has come to begin our exciting panel of announcements at the first ever Raise Your Glass Event for Hourglass Pictures.

We have come a long way from our founding and have created some of the most exciting and beloved stories in the game, from the glory and excitement of SPARK RISING to the surreal horror of THE PARVELLI REUNION, and the magic and poignancy of NOTES FROM THE OTHERSPACE to the carnage and mayhem of BLOOD AND FUR. And believe us when we say, we are just getting started.

A few of the films being shown will have exclusive sneak previews, and others may have interviews and/or concept art shown.

YEAR IV: Tonight

YEAR V AND BEYOND: Wednesday, May 30th

Related image

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

Let's begin with our first look:

Spoiler

Panic erupts in a city square at a coastal city surrounded by forests on the coasts. Aliens of various species are running for shelter as something begins to emerge from the water – a large, reptilian monster begins to roar as it emerges from the surface. As people begin to scream and flee for safety, three people run down the city in a central street leading from the beach. Their “footsteps” are intertwined with various cuts to the panic and terror. We see them approach the camera and see three familiar faces: Kozar Alcana, Aera Razatto, and Alex Spark. Alex tells them to be ready to help calm this monster. They should be able to save the city without killing it, but she’ll need to get up close. The monster sees the trio and they lock eyes. The trio and the monster run towards each other in slow motion, as the music builds.

Suddenly, a cell phone rings. The music stops, and everyone freezes. The monster asks the three to hold up as he has to take a call. The monster picks up a phone and begins to talk, apologizing about missing his son’s slam poetry recital. As he begins to chat with who appears to be his wife, Alex and Kozar receive calls of their own, leaving Aera awkwardly stranded. Several townsfolk watch the situation unfold while being very confused.

Aera: Well this is going to be a long blooper reel.

Monster: *on phone* Look, I get it, I haven’t been there for them, but I’m gonna change things now.

The monster gets off the phone, confessing that he can’t really put up a fight for this movie – building his career in Hollywood has really put a barrier between him and his kids, and he decides to nonchalantly leave. Alex then explains that she herself won’t be able to be in the movie, as she was booked to be in something where a hot shirtless guy wanders through Mars, while Kozar remarks that Lager Pictures has him locked in a contract and has apparently resurrected Venchell from the dead, so.....he’ll need to conserve his energy for the finale.

Alex: How did they do that?!

Kozar: I don’t know, some mythical Greek magic or something.

Aera: Wait, where’s my movie?! I should be drowning in new deals!

Monster: Maybe now’s a good time to relax and participate in self-care?

Alex: He’s got a point you know. The next two movies in this series are going to be really draining.

Aera: Well, you know what I think?!

Aera then turns to the camera and begins to speak: “So, who says that we need those guys to make a movie. Let’s take things way back, to when I was their age.” (Kozar chuckles, saying, “heh, you’re old.”) “Shut it, furry! Anyways...I had my own share of exciting, awesome adventures. And since I’ll probably be sidelined in the next two movies...they’re gonna let me have my time to shine. And here. We.”

Director *off screen*: Wait, if we made it a movie just about you, we’d have to completely change the script and rewrite half the movie.

Aera: I know.

Director: ...Good point. Let’s do this.

Huge laughter and applause as we see this first look at AERA: RISING. Daron Nefcy prepares to present as we begin to look into the film - set 30 years before the events of Spark: Rising. Note that Aera's species lives for hundreds of years, so it was quite easy to recast Aubrey Plaza as Aera. The plot follows her as she tries to make it in galactic society, namely Celestial Haven.

Unfortunately, after crossing the wrong person, she gets her visa denied and may be forced to return home. However, she makes a deal to recover a stolen priceless artifact. If she can get it returned 7 days, her Visa will be renewed easily. To do this, she runs in with a band of rugged outlaws, including the charming womanizer (except rather feminist and yes, openly lesbian) Warlene (Elizabeth Debicki), a wolf-like alien with reddish fur. Also on her side are Dag, (John Cena) a hulking robot who has recently discovered Earth culture from an underground source - specifically Broadway musicals. Finally, there is Gippir, (Lil 'Rel Howery) a genius with a few nervous ticks and extreme germaphobia. As they embark on a madcap chase through the city, curiously wondering why they didn't just call the police, they'll discover that there's more to this case than meets the eye.

The film will be an exciting and hilarious journey that adds to the mythology of the Spark Saga while lovingly poking fun at it in certain places, all while featuring several surprises and exciting secrets along the way. Aera: Rising drops July 10th in IMAX and DOLBY Cinema.

Full Cast:

Spoiler

Image result for aubrey plaza Image result for elizabeth debicki Image result for john cena imdb Image result for lil' rel howery

Aubrey Plaza as Aera

Elizabeth Debicki as Warlene

John Cena as Dag

Lil' Rel Howery as Gippir

Image result for jenny slate imdb Image result for john mulaney Image result for will ferrell imdb Image result for kristen wiig

Jenny Slate as Haki

John Mulaney as Senator Gyzan

Will Ferrel as Kipo

Kristen Wiig as Zari

Image result for abraham attah Image result for nina dobrev Image result for bill skarsgard

Abraham Attah as Young Baklattan

Nina Dobrev as Young Naryani

Bill Skarsgard as Young Tarek

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hunt for the Wilderpasta said:

Let's begin with our first look:

Hide contents

Panic erupts in a city square at a coastal city surrounded by forests on the coasts. Aliens of various species are running for shelter as something begins to emerge from the water – a large, reptilian monster begins to roar as it emerges from the surface. As people begin to scream and flee for safety, three people run down the city in a central street leading from the beach. Their “footsteps” are intertwined with various cuts to the panic and terror. We see them approach the camera and see three familiar faces: Kozar Alcana, Aera Razatto, and Alex Spark. Alex tells them to be ready to help calm this monster. They should be able to save the city without killing it, but she’ll need to get up close. The monster sees the trio and they lock eyes. The trio and the monster run towards each other in slow motion, as the music builds.

Suddenly, a cell phone rings. The music stops, and everyone freezes. The monster asks the three to hold up as he has to take a call. The monster picks up a phone and begins to talk, apologizing about missing his son’s slam poetry recital. As he begins to chat with who appears to be his wife, Alex and Kozar receive calls of their own, leaving Aera awkwardly stranded. Several townsfolk watch the situation unfold while being very confused.

Aera: Well this is going to be a long blooper reel.

Monster: *on phone* Look, I get it, I haven’t been there for them, but I’m gonna change things now.

The monster gets off the phone, confessing that he can’t really put up a fight for this movie – building his career in Hollywood has really put a barrier between him and his kids, and he decides to nonchalantly leave. Alex then explains that she herself won’t be able to be in the movie, as she was booked to be in something where a hot shirtless guy wanders through Mars, while Kozar remarks that Lager Pictures has him locked in a contract and has apparently resurrected Venchell from the dead, so.....he’ll need to conserve his energy for the finale.

Alex: How did they do that?!

Kozar: I don’t know, some mythical Greek magic or something.

Aera: Wait, where’s my movie?! I should be drowning in new deals!

Monster: Maybe now’s a good time to relax and participate in self-care?

Alex: He’s got a point you know. The next two movies in this series are going to be really draining.

Aera: Well, you know what I think?!

Aera then turns to the camera and begins to speak: “So, who says that we need those guys to make a movie. Let’s take things way back, to when I was their age.” (Kozar chuckles, saying, “heh, you’re old.”) “Shut it, furry! Anyways...I had my own share of exciting, awesome adventures. And since I’ll probably be sidelined in the next two movies...they’re gonna let me have my time to shine. And here. We.”

Director *off screen*: Wait, if we made it a movie just about you, we’d have to completely change the script and rewrite half the movie.

Aera: I know.

Director: ...Good point. Let’s do this.

Huge laughter and applause as we see this first look at AERA: RISING. Daron Nefcy prepares to present as we begin to look into the film - set 30 years before the events of Spark: Rising. Note that Aera's species lives for hundreds of years, so it was quite easy to recast Aubrey Plaza as Aera. The plot follows her as she tries to make it in galactic society, namely Celestial Haven.

Unfortunately, after crossing the wrong person, she gets her visa denied and may be forced to return home. However, she makes a deal to recover a stolen priceless artifact. If she can get it returned 7 days, her Visa will be renewed easily. To do this, she runs in with a band of rugged outlaws, including the charming womanizer (except rather feminist and yes, openly lesbian) Warlene (Elizabeth Debicki), a wolf-like alien with reddish fur. Also on her side are Dag, (John Cena) a hulking robot who has recently discovered Earth culture from an underground source - specifically Broadway musicals. Finally, there is Gippir, (Lil 'Rel Howery) a genius with a few nervous ticks and extreme germaphobia. As they embark on a madcap chase through the city, curiously wondering why they didn't just call the police, they'll discover that there's more to this case than meets the eye.

The film will be an exciting and hilarious journey that adds to the mythology of the Spark Saga while lovingly poking fun at it in certain places, all while featuring several surprises and exciting secrets along the way. Aera: Rising drops July 10th in IMAX and DOLBY Cinema.

Full Cast:

Hide contents

Image result for aubrey plaza Image result for elizabeth debicki Image result for john cena imdb Image result for lil' rel howery

Aubrey Plaza as Aera

Elizabeth Debicki as Warlene

John Cena as Dag

Lil' Rel Howery as Gippir

Image result for jenny slate imdb Image result for john mulaney Image result for will ferrell imdb Image result for kristen wiig

Jenny Slate as Haki

John Mulaney as Senator Gyzan

Will Ferrel as Kipo

Kristen Wiig as Zari

Image result for abraham attah Image result for nina dobrev Image result for bill skarsgard

Abraham Attah as Young Baklattan

Nina Dobrev as Young Naryani

Bill Skarsgard as Young Tarek

Hyped!

Sparks don't just fly. They zap. Which leads us to FREDDY ZAPPER AND THE MANIFESTO OF DOOM.

Following the disappointing box office performance yet strong reviews and home video performance of the first film, we knew a sequel had to happen. The film will follow Freddy Zapper (Ben Platt) as they graduate high school in the early 60s. The summer before they all head to college, the scare of the Cold War gets even crazier. As Freddy and his friends uncover a terrifying plot to literally freeze the Earth, he'll have to team with a dashing secret agent (Lin-Manuel Miranda) and a sharp witted Russian activist (Kristen Bell, doing a very over the top russian accent) to save the day from an evil scientist. (Tim Curry)

As the scare gets worse, the weirdly poppy song occurs as the townspeople accept their fate.

Spoiler

Person #1: I hope you saw the news on the television,

Person #2: I did and it seems like something bad has begun.

Various Townsfolk: I hope you saw the news! You saw the news! x 2

Person #3: You see, they’re coming for us and we’ve gotta panic!

Person #4: The news is always true so this must be so manic!

Various Townsfolk: But what does it mean? What does it mean?

Townsfolk: (Chorus)

We’re all gonna die at the hands of a bomb!

Don’t you get that there’s no reason to be calm!

The world is out to get us so go cover up your knees,

The cold war is here, and we’re going to freeze!

*We then see three friends, Logan, Wendell, and Chasity are talking at her house. Well, more like singing.*

Chasity: I can’t believe (I can’t believe) (I can’t believe) that they believe this?

Logan: One little scare (one little scare) (one little scare) can't be this amiss!

Wendell: Maybe we better take at least a bit of care. This stuff is serious and we better beware!

Chasity: Oh look, the news are on! The news are on!

*The news comes on TV*

Newscaster:

We’re all gonna die, and it’s gonna hurt bad!

The soviets are planning to take all that we had!

The world will soon crumble, and so will you!

Trust my fear mongering, since all of it’s true!

*Several people run out into the street panicking*

Townsfolk: We’ve gotta find the bomb! We’ve gotta save the world! We’ve gotta make protection for every little boy and girl!

Chasity: We’ve gotta find some sense! / We’ve gotta clarify! / Why would they go after the average, normal girl and guy?

Townsfolk: They’re gonna go after the average, normal girl and guy!

Chasity: Oh, forget it!

Townsfolk: Chorus

*The people hold on freeze*

Chasity: I can’t believe (I can’t believe) (I can’t believe) they believe this!

Logan: One little scare (one little scare) (one little scare) can't be this amiss!

Wendell: They’re getting caught (they’re getting caught) (they’re getting) in an abyss!

Townsfolk: And we’re going to die! (Everyone falls)

Big applause, as we find out more about the film. Bobin describes the film as a coming of age story set in the cold war – with scary monsters and ridiculous quirk, but not without some surprisingly heartfelt reflections on growing up, especially in regards to Freddy’s home world which he left behind. It’s another layer to the world and characters we created, and as we wrote it, we became more and more impressed. The first film was an experiment with more success than we imagined, and we’re taking it even further now. It'll be heartfelt and sincere in addition to being a wacky and fun musical ride. The sequel drops October 2nd, Y4 in 3D.

Full Cast:

Spoiler

Image result for imdb ben platt Image result for zendaya imdb Image result for taron egerton Image result for garrett clayton

Ben Platt as Freddy Zapper

Zendaya as Chasity

Taron Egerton as Logan

Garret Clayton as Wendell

Image result for lin manuel miranda imdb Image result for kristen bell Image result for tim curry imdb Image result for nathan lane Image result for chris miller

Lin-Manuel Miranda as B. Mendez

Kristen Bell as Svetlana

Tim Curry as Leo Cerro

Nathan Lane as Lyndon B. Johnson

Christopher Miller as John F. Kennedy

Image result for jeremy irons Image result for allison janney imdb Image result for john malkovich Image result for jane lynch

Jeremy Irons as Professor Weisgye

Allison Janney as Polly

John Malkovich as Roger

Jane Lynch as General Nilator

• Like 1

Scaling things back a bit, we move to STARLIT HIGHWAY.

A new dramedy (leaning more toward Drama) directed by Stephen Chbosky (SEEING HER), also shot in black and white, the film follows an aging grandmother, Jeanette (Jane Fonda) who discovers the news that her grandson, Noah, has commit suicide. Seeing how close she was with her grandson, as well as the growing distance between her and her own son (and Noah's father), Dennis (Jeremy Renner), she feels more resigned then ever. When Noah's ex-girlfriend Emily (Taissa Farmiga) confides in Jeanette of a secret wish for his ashes, the three embark on a cross country road trip to lay his ashes near an arcade he has always dreamed of visiting.

On their trip, they try to piece together Noah's life and why he commit suicide, all while facing their own demons and issues. In the process, Jeanette and Dennis try to patch things up with each other, and an odd new family is formed. The film will be inspired by films from Richard Linklater and Paul Thomas Anderson to some extent, promising audiences a touching and meditative portrait of patching up life wherever it's possible.

• Like 2

And now for something completely different.

You haven't seen the weirdest thing a Hollywood studio has spent $100m on until you've seen Daniel's KATAMARI DAMACY.

From the directors of SWISS ARMY MAN and the TURN DOWN FOR WHAT music video, the film promises a surreal oddysey unlike nothing else. After the King of All Cosmos (Benedict Cumberbatch) accidentally destroys every star in the sky, The Prince of All Cosmos (Ferdia Walsh-Peelo) must work with his many cousins to help rebuild them using katamaris, large sticky balls that collect anything smaller than it.. Fearing that his father does not respect him on account of his big size, he longs for his approval. However, is it truly his father that has to learn a lesson here? And what about his wife, the Queen? (Malin Akerman) Meanwhile, a family on Earth tries to peace together the moon, and a young child in Japan (Koyu Rankin) meets the Prince.

Image result for katamari gif

Performance capture will be used to create the royal family of the cosmos, as well as the digitized effect of the Katamari. Earth will have a bit of a Wes Anderson-esque feel to it as it captures our world from a surreal perspective.

Part surreal odyssey, part family bonding tale, part satire of capitalism, and all around wacky and joyous. Katamari Damacy promises to be unlike anything you've ever seen before. Releasing May 15th in 3D and DOLBY Cinema.

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I need to pray Kingdom of The Sun pleases @cookie

You have both Lance McClain and Pidge Holt starring in an adaptation of the original version of a nostalgic favorite of mine which was set to be made by the co-director of my all-time favorite Disney movie (The Lion King).

You are treading in deep Leviathan-infested waters, sir.

Edited by cookie