Ezen Baklattan

RAISE YOUR GLASS - The Hourglass Pictures Exposition

Most Anticipated Film of Hourglass Pictures in....  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Y4?

• Aera Rising (dir. Daron Nefcy)
    • Benji & Me (dir. Michael Dougherty)
    • Cassia of the Night (dir. Julia Ducornau)
    • Francis (dir. Edgar Wright)
    • Freddy Zapper & the Manifesto of Doom (dir. James Bobin)
    • Katamari Damacy (dir. Daniel Scheinert and Daniel Kwan)
    • Starlit Highway (dir. Stephen Chbosky)
  2. 2. Y5 and Beyond?

• Appleton Express (dir. Taika Waititi)
    • The Epsilon Syndicate: Union of Thieves (dir. Drew Goddard)
    • Spark: Euphoria / Evermore (dir. Jennifer Yuh)
    • Two Lonely Bounty Hunters (dir. David Soren)
    • Wallace and Gromit (dir. Nick Park and Richars Starzak)

4 Privet Drive.

221B Baker Street.

Across London, you'll find several iconic addresses. However, Hourglass Pictures will help audiences rediscover an address just as worthy in an exciting new series of films...

Spoiler

62 West Wallaby Street.

Spoiler

HOURGLASS PICTURES AND AARDMAN ANIMATION ARE TEAMING UP FOR A NEW SERIES OF WALLACE AND GROMIT FILMS.

Everyone's favorite inventor and dog duo are coming back to the big screen in a series of new films from directors Nick Park and Richard Starzark. While the plotline for these films is still being kept under wraps, it is planned that the new films will be self contained adventures with unique casts and exciting new adventures. Ben Whitehead will reprise the role of Wallace from the Telltale Games series, while each installment will include a cast of British favorites. Supposedly, Benedict Cumberbatch and Daisy Ridley are in talks to star in the first film in the new series.

The only other information is that the first film is slated to come out in Y6. It's going to be a long wait to see this duo on the big screen again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hunt for the Wilderpasta said:

4 Privet Drive.

221B Baker Street.

Across London, you'll find several iconic addresses. However, Hourglass Pictures will help audiences rediscover an address just as worthy in an exciting new series of films...

Hide contents

62 West Wallaby Street.

Hide contents

HOURGLASS PICTURES AND AARDMAN ANIMATION ARE TEAMING UP FOR A NEW SERIES OF WALLACE AND GROMIT FILMS.

Everyone's favorite inventor and dog duo are coming back to the big screen in a series of new films from directors Nick Park and Richard Starzark. While the plotline for these films is still being kept under wraps, it is planned that the new films will be self contained adventures with unique casts and exciting new adventures. Ben Whitehead will reprise the role of Wallace from the Telltale Games series, while each installment will include a cast of British favorites. Supposedly, Benedict Cumberbatch and Daisy Ridley are in talks to star in the first film in the new series.

The only other information is that the first film is slated to come out in Y6. It's going to be a long wait to see this duo on the big screen again.

• Haha 1

A new trailer is about to drop.

Spoiler

(0:00-0:04)

HOURGLASS PICTURES

VILLAGE ROADSHOW PICTURES

21 LAPS ENTERTAINMENT

(0:04 - 0:21)

*A ship lands on a world full of collapses buildings, ash everywhere. A door opens from inside the ship. Shot from inside, we see a silhouette looking at the desolate world.*

Voiceover (Sasha Lane): This....

*We see the Summit of Unity grand hall in chaos, as the flags in the hall are on fire*

Voiceover: This is far bigger than I could have imagined.

*Alex Spark (Sasha Lane) creates a kinetic barrier around a wall of lava, surrounding the barrier like water.*

*Kozar (Charlie Heaton) looks toward the horizon, taking off binoculars*

Voiceover: We can't do this alone.

(0:22 - 0:26)

*A tall alien, vaguely humanlike with silver skin, angular features, and horns, Xevarre (Sarah Paulson) puts on a tiara in a symmetric, art deco style room*

(0:26 - 0:33)

*Several ships surround a prison*

*Alex walks through the hallway amidst a great deal of reporters and officers*

(0:33 - 0:40)

*Katherine Spark (Octavia Spencer) clutches onto a phone in her office, trying to hold back tears.*

*Katherine and Ezen Baklattan (Chiwetel Ejiofor) hug on a beach by Lake Michigan*

(0:41 - 0:44)

*Alex stands at the end of a grand hall, looking gorgeous in a crystal wedding gown. Several people look at her. Kozar, wearing a suit, smiles radiantly.*

*Black out.*

*A large portal appears on the beach from earlier.*

Alex: We're all going in, right?

Aera: ....Is it too late to back out? Someone may need to watch your stuff in this world. *Perthena nudges her.*

Alex: Then it's settled.

*The music builds up gradually, moving soon to 3:30. The music is a bit more of an orchestrally intense version of this.*

NEXT SUMMER

*Several starships fly in formation with one another.*

*Qatav (Matt Bomer) and Neshianu (Rinko Kikuchi) utilize their powers and fight several powerful soldiers on a catwalk connecting two ships*

(3:40)

DESTINY IS SEALED

*Alex and Aera run through a village as a volcanic eruption begins to take place.*

*Kozar falls into a large lake, struggling to gasp for air.*

(3:45)

DARKNESS IS REBORN

*Kozar hugs a bat-like alien child, Warlene (Storm Reid) through a dust storm.*

*Alex stands in the room from earlier, glaring at the camera while slightly bloodied up.*

(3:50)

HOPE IS FOUND

*Several people in a large city on Earth freeze in place*

*A large explosion occurs, pushing Alex away from something deliberately obscured.*

*Ezen grabs a pistol and stands on the edge of a ship near the Summit of Unity headquarters.*

*Agorava Naryani (Michelle Pfeiffer), sitting in a prison cell, looks up at the camera.*

*FADE TO BLACK. MUSIC STOPS.*

*Xevarre places her hands around Alex, who is frozen (both figuratively and literally.)*

Xevarre: Free yourself from the burden that has been placed on you....and let the rightful take charge. It is then that you will find peace.

S P A R K

--Euphoria--

COMING SUMMER Y5

IN 3D, IMAX 3D, AND CINERAMA

Huge applause, as we finally get new information on the hotly anticipated third entry for the beloved trilogy, SPARK: EUPHORIA. The official synopsis is given as follows:

Three years after the events of Homeward, life settles into a perfect flow for Alex and her allies, but  their peace is soon interrupted as a former threat is broken out of prison. Finding out that a the few living Infinites had broken her out, she begins to discover that there is far more to her story than she ever could have imagined. Moreover, she was just one piece in a puzzle spanning the universe. With the help of her loyal friends, as well as a few formidable new allies, Alex finds herself forced to rethink everything she had known in her life and put everything she has at risk in an attempt to save the universe from a threat unlike anything she could have ever imagined.

This film and Spark: Evermore will be Parts 1 and 2 of a much bigger story at play. The main reasoning for splitting the story into two parts was to develop the threat that Sarah Paulson's Xevarre will bring to the table, as well as to encapsulate a truly dense story while doing justice to its massive cast of characters. Sarah Paulson has remarked that Xevarre will be a remarkably terrifying threat to Alex and her allies, but there are several layers to her that prevent her from becoming a one dimensional villain. Without getting too much into detail, we're really excited to see what she brings to the table in this role.

Also joining the cast of Spark is Storm Reid, doing performance capture as Mevine, a bat-like alien from another galaxy. Her world is shown as one of the first victims of a cataclysmic force that threatens the universe, but she was able to survive after infinites Qatav and Neshianu (who are residing in an uncharted world on the far edge of the galaxy) take her in. She is another alien with infinite powers, and this fact is the first clue that the infinite powers that have shaped Alexandra's life is far from exclusive in this galaxy.

Director Jennifer Yuh has also stated that much of Euphoria will be connecting the dots between the dangerous events, while Evermore will jump right into the action of the fight against Xevarre's force. There's definitely an element of slow-burn thriller in Euphoria, but it still has the action, thrills, excitement, and even humor that makes the Spark saga so memorable. Moreover, while things will definitely get dark within this series - there will still be prominent feelings of hope, taking action, and idealism that were so prevalent in the first two films. No matter how bad things get; if we are willing to act and stand together, there can still be a silver lining.

On a different note, the film will also be released in Cinerama in select locations, following the examples of THE KNIGHT and INDIGENOUS.

Perhaps even more jaw-dropping, both films will have a combined budget of $500 million, or roughly $250m per film.

Spark: Euphoria will amaze audiences in the Summer of Y5.

Full Cast

Spoiler

Image result for imdb sasha lane Image result for charlie heaton Image result for sarah paulson imdb Image result for chiwetel ejiofor imdb Image result for octavia spencer

Sasha Lane as Alex Spark

Charlie Heaton as Kozar Alcana

Sarah Paulson as Princess Xevarre

Chiwetel Ejiofor as Ezen Baklattan

Octavia Spencer as Katherine Spark

Image result for aubrey plaza imdb Image result for matt bomer Image result for rinko kikuchi Image result for laura dern Image result for justin theroux

Aubrey Plaza as Aera Razatto

Matt Bomer as Qatav (performance capture)

Rinko Kikuchi as Neshianu

Laura Dern as President Beatrice Powell

Justin Theroux as Vycas Tarek (performance capture)

Image result for david strathairn Image result for storm reid imdb Image result for gael garcia bernal Image result for tom prior imdb Image result for michelle pfeiffer

David Strathairn as King Nimkarus

Storm Reid as Mevine (performance capture)

Gael Garcia Bernal as Pennir

Tom Prior as Wesan Pizzel (performance capture)

Michelle Pfeiffer as Agorava Naryani

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cookie said:
  Hide contents

Not sure what you're winking at me for since I agree that an R-rated Spark would be dumb.

TBH it was mainly Scavenger Wars. :P

But real talk.

I realized these are all releasing in Y5:

Voltron 4

Scavenger Wars 2

Spark 3

Bounty Hamster 2

God help us all.

Just now, Hunt for the Wilderpasta said:

But real talk.

Voltron 4

Scavenger Wars 2

Spark 3

Bounty Hamster 2

God help us all.

Not to mention Scrooge 2.5 (yes I know it focuses mainly on Donald, I was talking box office wise)

2 minutes ago, Hunt for the Wilderpasta said:

But real talk.

Voltron 4

Scavenger Wars 2

Spark 3

Bounty Hamster 2

God help us all.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Not to mention Scrooge 2.5 (yes I know it focuses mainly on Donald, I was talking box office wise)

At least three of them would be good for $400m+ and the other two have a decent shot.

Amirite @Hunt for the Wilderpasta?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hunt for the Wilderpasta said:

But real talk.

Voltron 4

Scavenger Wars 2

Spark 3

Bounty Hamster 2

God help us all.

With that much going forward you're gonna need to construct some additional pylons to power them up.

Just now, cookie said:

At least three of them would be good for $400m+ and the other two have a decent shot.

Amirite @Hunt for the Wilderpasta?

Oh yeah, I am doing actuals for this year....

But it'll be a miracle if BH makes it to $400m. The first film made $240m, so if it does over $300m that's a victory in my books.

Spoiler

And I'll make sure not all of my films are victories. :redcapes:

4 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I was looking at it mainly from the point that they were all big sci-fi movies. Obviously SW2 has more adult appeal, and BH2 is more for kids and families, but it'll still be quite a year.

And just wait until my new announcement drops within the half hour.

• Like 1