Nova

Tuesday Numbers: Solo "Could hit around $7.4" per Asgard 2

Mods if this is too early then please lock. Figured I'd start a new thread (and save us from the dumpster fire that is the weekend thread) since the number could get buried in the weekend thread. 

EC posted in the weekend thread saying he thinks Solo hits $6.8M for Tuesday 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mekanos said:

What is the expected OS multiplier for this thing? I know it hasn't opened in Japan but with such historically bad turnout, is it gonna get anymore than a 2x multi?

Yes, it's gonna pass $138m OS with Japan. 

Rounding EC's number optimistically guessing Tue-Sun:

7.0 (-62%) 110

5.0 (-29%) 115

4.5 (-10%) 119.5

9.0 (+100%) 128.5

13.5 (+50%) 142

10.0 (-26%) 152

= 32.5 2nd weekend (-61.5% from 84.4 FSS)

If it adds 2.0-2.5x the 2nd weekend to it's cume:

152 + 32.5*2.0 = 217.0 (2.57x)

152 + 32.5*2.5 = 233.25 (2.76x)

• Like 2

Seems the other studios gave Disney some extra room this weekend for Solo

they didn’t have to bother

The weekend after MD weekend tends to be pretty weak in terms of competition. Studios don't like going up against the latest incoming Pixar movie in mid June.

As there are no modern time (= last few years, with cheap Tuesday's... increasing) SW releases and also no holidays upcoming and summer school holidays not happening before the next event film will get released, plus a lot of other reasons, I guess it doesn't make a lot of sense to compare it to oher SW films anyway, so maybe it's time to readjust to the 'let's look at it like a ~ normal franchise spin-of, or a normal sci-fi, or an action movie , incl the critics ratings..., that gotten maybe even a kind of a head-start / already have seen / front-loaded... in comparison to some other part xy releases.

How much money already is/got spend might even hinder its day-to-day % in comparison to a much smaller starting / numbers earning film like e.g. the mentioned PotC 5 that actually is out of the more modern times (last year), even if the critics perceived it way worse, the audience averages (probably not down-voted to such an extent at lest as it was shown for the early dates of Solo) are similar.

Btw, Solo's audience increased again a bit, now 63% like and also increased average rating to 3.4/5

Early on it was at least down to 34% 'like'

Really curious about the dailies for the next 2 weeks

The weekend thread for solo sits at 373 pages, thanks to memorial weekend, surpassing IW's opening thread of 367 pages, solo at least isn't a flop in BOT, I guess mutiple ban of users in IW thread also explained why the number of pages fall behind

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The weekend thread for solo sits at 373 pages, thanks to memorial weekend, surpassing IW's opening thread of 367 pages, solo at least isn't a flop in BOT, I guess mutiple ban of users in IW thread also explained why the number of pages fall behind

Very ironic that IW’s joyous weekend led to so many bans while no one got banned in this dumpster fire weekend 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Very ironic that IW’s joyous weekend led to so many bans while no one got banned in this dumpster fire weekend 

Most bans in AIW thread were related to (often unintentional) spoilers. I guess many posters have not seen Solo yet, or its plots are so forgettable that those posters that have seen it are legit automatically protected from leaking any spoilers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3