Nova

Tuesday Numbers: Solo "Could hit around $7.4" per Asgard 2

5 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Very ironic that IW’s joyous weekend led to so many bans while no one got banned in this dumpster fire weekend 

They warned certain members beforehand and gave warning points still - I think 4 or so?

I'd like to know how many pages the mods see, as I guess at least a few posts got deleted/moved to not viewable for members... again. But only out of curiousity, it felt like a lot of posts bordering to deletion-worthy whilst trying to read through the thread, or whist trying to catch up during the breaks here at home (and during the nights). And to feel with them for what they have to put up with.

In the past whole conversations got moved to general conversation or special made threads also, I think that was even the reason for the creation of the franchise war thread = I guess the real numbers of pages for big opener's weekend-threads might not be simply found, not even for mods.

• Like 1

Any Tuesday numbers for IW?? :rolleyes: Its gonna end around $680m.

OS-C should surpass Deathly Hallows P1 next week by Sunday.

China ends in $360-365m.

Stays on track for $2 billion based on these three factors.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, justvision said:

Most bans in AIW thread were related to (often unintentional) spoilers. I guess many posters have not seen Solo yet, or its plots are so forgettable that those posters that have seen it are legit automatically protected from leaking any spoilers.

I had have to hold back a lot to not let something slip whilst collecting some theories, that sounded ... provoking or not based on knowledge of the movie to me.

I think the one-on-one warnings plus the bans last time.... might have an impact to certain members. Including the accidential slip based on too many threads open at once a few weeks back

I can not remember they did so many warnings to members and otherwise (e.g. red headline), introducing posts,... like this spring/summer season.

Keep calm. IW is less than 86M away from 2b WW and it still has to gross around 40M DOM. Cant see it missing the mark when it only has to add around 45M OS after a foreign weekend that was over 32M.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Jessie said:

Solo actually did better than expected this weekend. Don't understand why people are shocked with it's gross. It's was obviously going to do poorly

I actually remember seeing a prediction of yours going sub 100 for the 4 day (if i remember correctly) and I was like lolll.

Well, I sit corrected... :ph34r:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I actually remember seeing a prediction of yours going sub 100 for the 4 day (if i remember correctly) and I was like lolll.

...but, technically, it didn't go sub-100 for the 4-day. Though it came close.

• Haha 1

Deadpool 2 made 12.4m last Tuesday.  Saturday was down 60.6%.  Applying this to Tuesday gives 4.9m (-52.8% from Mon)  

DP2 could have stabilized by now though and a number as large as half off during these weekdays would not be surprising.   but yet again, in an imperfect world, Solo: Star Wars could always decrease from Thursday to Friday.  highly unlikely, but no film can be ruled out.  :) 

I think its far easier to get banned for spoilers and that is why so many got banned during IW Weekend. No one was really trolling this weekend as the 'trolls' ended up being right? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I literally heard no-one talk about this and it didnt advertise itself as an epic event movie like Rogue one which had magnificient trailers. I don't think Solo flopping means star wars is doomed though. I see it as the Ant Man of the Star Wars universe

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Seems the other studios gave Disney some extra room this weekend for Solo

they didn’t have to bother :lol:

I really hope that competitors go really tough on IX and release their big tentpoles for Xmas. If unexpected combo of Jumaji/Showman could take a big chunk out of TLJ audience, especially Jumanji, then other tentpoles will too. C'mon studios, lets give IX an all-out war that it promises to be in the movie (as if no blockbuster there days has an all-out war, lololol, so much for a unique hook :lol:

Edited by Valonqar

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I really hope that competitors go really tough on IX and release their big tentpoles for Xmas. If unexpected combo of Jumaji/Showman could take a big chunk out of TLJ audience, especially Jumanji, then other tentpoles will too. C'mon studios, lets give IX an all-out war that it promises to be in the movie (as if no blockbuster there days has an all-out war, lololol, so much for a unique hook :lol:

Well, I did say at the time that WB had no need to move Wonder Woman 2 out of the way of iX.

It should be Disney that does the moving.

19 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Well, I did say at the time that WB had no need to move Wonder Woman 2 out of the way of iX.

It should be Disney that does the moving.

IX takes low-competition February slot. :Venom:

Edited by Valonqar

35 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think its far easier to get banned for spoilers and that is why so many got banned during IW Weekend. No one was really trolling this weekend as the 'trolls' ended up being right?

I see it this way: in AIW a lot happens that no one was supposed to tell about even a hint for reasons. That is in a scale I think it very unusual for any film, as some basics are already a spoiler. It was more difficult to say anythng that didn't include a spoiler.

In Solo there is a spoiler thing, that some deem big, but you can speak about the most of the details like how good a certain actor was, other questions that came up, without getting near the spoiler-territory.

That's one of the reasons I think the starting post was a bit too... searching for a negative spin.

There are enough negative points, why look for one that seems not matching / not logical?

A troll is never right, as a troll bases his/her reason on details that are wrong, even if in this case one of them (I do not count Jessie as a troll, he had a non-troll reason to assume otherwise) or more might have gotten a number right early on.

Like if someone is basing a prediction of behaviour on a cliché that probably never was correct, like e.g. a woman screams because seeing a mouse, incl implying she will stand on a desk, but she isn't screaming for the sake of screaming out her panic, but for equipment to get rid of it like a box, standing on a desk or whatever to get to/reach the mouse in a curtain.

35 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

I think Wonder Woman should stay where it is in November, however whatever Marvel film Fox has planned needs to move and so should Paramount’s Terminator reboot. They might as well go to December against Star Wars since I don’t foresee either making a dent where they are currently scheduled anyway. 

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think most likely the reason is because of even mods didn't watch solo, that explain why they can't detect spoiler easily....:rofl: