Nova

Tuesday Numbers: Solo "Could hit around $7.4" per Asgard 2

I'm really happy to see these numbers for Book Club.  It'll be at 40 million before the weekend.  And it'll be past Going In Style by the end of the weekend.  That's the film that people thought it would have a chance to finish close to.  But it's going to make a push for 60 million, no doubt.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I'm really happy to see these numbers for Book Club.  It'll be at 40 million before the weekend.  And it'll be past Going In Style by the end of the weekend.  That's the film that people thought it would have a chance to finish close to.  But it's going to make a push for 60 million, no doubt.

Seems we were right after all ;) just taking a different route to get there. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

What is wrong with him?

i think the first jurassic world probably would've beaten avatar if Bryce Dallas Howard wasn't so racist in The Help.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, baumer said:

yes and hopefully encourages studios to do more such counter-programming. I thought they would embrace it after Great Gatsby did boffo business in the shadow if IM3 but nope. Still, it's great when they do. there are quite a few under-served demos that turn in a nice profit for whoever is smart enough to make movies for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, baumer said:

If it grosses 60M, it would have made more money DOM than films like Tomb Raider (57M), Maze Runner 3 (58M) and Pacific Rim: Uprising (59M), all of which had obviously a way higher budget.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

36 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Boo. I hope this is still an undeniable bomb rather than somewhat unsatisfying OKish run. LF is not handling SW well and needs a shock to get back to its senses. if Solo somehow gets away due to American support, they'll keep fucking up.

What does LF stand for ?

Just now, iHeartJames said:

im still kinda upset littlefinger is gone

Is he though?

Quick reminder that book littlefinger >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> show littlefinger

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

If it grosses 60M, it would have made more money DOM than films like Tomb Raider (57M), Maze Runner 3 (58M) and Pacific Rim: Uprising (59M), all of which had obviously a way higher budget.

That's pretty remarkable.  It's been released in a few smaller markets internationally and now it's going to start rolling out in bigger ones like the UK and France and Germany and Portugal (hope you see it @CJohn )  so hopefully it makes a run at 100 million.

11 minutes ago, baumer said:

Aim a little higher, Baumer! BC will cross $40M on Thursday and will be close to $50M after Sunday. It is looking to dethrone ICOI for best legs of 2018 and it needs to hit just above $66M for that to happen. I think $70M+ is very possible for it.

• Thanks 1