Brainbug

Jurassic World 2 > Infinity War in China

Thought this would be a fun club for the Chinese Box office, since these two movies could very well end up very close to each other.

IW ofc just broke the OW Record and will probably finish between 350-370M, with an extension the higher range is more probable. JW2 has very good presales thus far and the official prediction for the 3-Day OW is over 100M. Now, that could ofc change when we approach its release. The first JW made 228M in China 3 years ago and had very good WOM and legs; it could have earned even more if its run wasnt cut short by Chinas 1-month-rule, which isnt around any more as far as i know. To put it simple: If the reception is very good for Fallen Kingdom in China, its a contender for 300M+. And i believe maybe even more since dinosaurs are more appealing to the General moviegoers than Superhero movies, similar to the FF franchise.

In or Out?

• Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 5:46 AM, A2k Rex said:

Hoping the Maoyan rating is 9+.

In, 375

I am switching to Out.

As much as I root for this club to succeed don't think it can happen.

AIW is chugging along well and could itself cross $375.

My $375 for JW2 was also very optimistic and now feel a bit more measured in my expectations. Hope we have 2 $300+ grossers and JW2 makes past that milestone.

1 hour ago, A2k Rex said:

I am switching to Out.

As much as I root for this club to succeed don't think it can happen.

AIW is chugging along well and could itself cross $375.

My $375 for JW2 was also very optimistic and now feel a bit more measured in my expectations. Hope we have 2 $300+ grossers and JW2 makes past that milestone.

Yeah, IW's late legs in China are just stunning. Its still not 100% impossible for JW to top it, but i became much more unlikely in the last two weeks. Still hoping for it ofc.

• Like 1