WrathOfHan

Wednesday Numbers: Solo 4.9M | Deadpool 3.9M | Book Club 1.6M | Infinity War 1.5M

47 minutes ago, stripe said:

What a sad way to live

Nope, let the flop flop. Nothing can save Solo so let it at least make a history as a mega flop. Give it something memorable cause story clearly isn't that.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The lesson to learn from Solo Flopping  is that I think it brings some people back to earth about the power of the Star Wars brand. 

The people who make these films have to actually ensure the stories they are telling appeal broadly and to the wider fanbase. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

The lesson to learn from Solo Flopping  is that I think it brings some people back to earth about the power of the Star Wars brand. 

The people who make these films have to actually ensure the stories they are telling appeal broadly and to the wider fanbase. 

Star Wars films need to stay how they were before Disney bought LF. Have a new trilogy every 10-15 years or so. Disney’s milking will expose Star Wars. With the rise of emerging numbers and the stalling of the traditional ones things will only get worse.

8 hours ago, baumer said:

First of all, imo, it's a great movie.

Second, I love the cast.

Third, I have a huge crush on Steenbergen.

Fourth, it's a film that touches on adult issues and I appreciate a film like that.  Summer is filled with blockbusters and tentpoles and superheroes and explosions and those are fun but it's also good to see a movie that touches on adult issues, real ones. The movie isn't really about the 50 Shades stuff, it's about what happens to your soul when you get older and like Ally Sheedy says in Breakfast Club, when you grow up your heart dies.  But in this film, it gets resurrected and I enjoyed it for that.  

Fifth, I love it when a film that isn't aimed at the populace here actually does well....especially when all the young-ins here said it would fail miserably.

I didn't mean it in a bad way. I didn't like the movie but it's cool that you're rooting for it (I secretly am, too). 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Damn...That's bad.

The number is bad because Solo isn't doing well, but it's nothing out of the ordinary  Here's the link to the same Wednesday from 2016 and 2017.  

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2017-05-31&track=marvel17a.htm

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/daily/chart/?sortdate=2016-06-01&track=marvel2016.htm

• Like 3

The worst case scenario for Solo could be something like this:

4.9M (-33%)

4.4M (-10%)

7.9M (+80%)

11.5M (+45%)

7.7M (-33%)

27.1M Weekend, 68% drop

I have it dropping around 64-65%, but given a lot of schools are out, Friday and Saturday increases could be very muted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nevermore said:

How can anyone with a rudimentary understanding of the box office say that Solo is going to drop something like 30% this weekend?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Solo may be a entertaining movie (haven't seen it yet, just based on online reaction on BOT, Reddit etc) but there is no excitement for it whatsoever. Everyone I ask about it just says "it looks fine, maybe I'll check it out later". Can't have that with a Star Wars movie. 

Edited by EarlyDeadlinePredictions
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, baumer said:

How can anyone with a rudimentary understanding of the box office say that Solo is going to drop something like 30% this weekend?

So I was looking to find a second week end with a 30% drop and I couldn't (A quiet place did 34,5% though).

Then I thought to look at a known counter example just for the lolz.

And omfg Avatar !

PG874wK.png

Edited by RascarCapat
  • Like 2