WrathOfHan

Wednesday Numbers: Solo 4.9M | Deadpool 3.9M | Book Club 1.6M | Infinity War 1.5M

I really enjoyed Solo, even if the first act is pretty start-and-stop. It's too bad that a quality film is bombing, but I have to admit some of the schadenfreude is entertaining. 

I do find some of the incessant TLJ bashing obnoxious but I'd be lying if I said I didn't take some pleasure in JL bombing as a result of BVS's reception... so whatevs.

58 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

Pixar, Marvel Studios, and LucasFilm basically work as their own Sub Studio entities. Do we know if the profits from their respective movies are going back into a Disney general fund (and then Disney sets the operating budget of each Sub-Studio at the beginning of every year)?  Or does Marvel Studios get to keep on its money, and LucasFilm get to keep all its money?  I feel like knowing that would give us a better idea of just how bad this will financially hurt Disney and Lucas Film.  

The sub-brand are barely mentioned in a Disney annual year with no breakdown of revenues by subsidiaries being made, I imagine there is so many of them :

https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/wp-content/uploads/2017-Annual-Report.pdf

I imagine that would be just semantic though, Disney being 100% shareholder/owner of Lucas Film, hurting LucasFilm is probably in any scenario the exact equivalent of hurting them, like it would be for Disney Animation or Disney Canada Inc. and the others hundreds of Disney Subsidiary owned by them.

When ESPN suffer clients lost, Disney is hurt.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Eh, I just love the people who were rooting on another cinematic universe to fail bend over backwards to defend a 700mil drop and mixed reception and now an outright bomb with so-so leaning positive reviews. It's amazing how much some Star Wars fans are acting exactly like certain DC fans. Putting your fingers in your ears and saying "lalala" doesn't solve the problems.

8 minutes ago, Premium George said:

I want them to cast alden in it too. 

lol.

i think when it comes to filling shoes of big players, alden can be cast in jack nicholson roles.

he can progress from being the butt of jokes to being the joker:

alden-ehrenreich-gaat-han-solo-spelen-in

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Eh, I just love the people who were rooting on another cinematic universe to fail bend over backwards to defend a 700mil drop and mixed reception and now an outright bomb with so-so leaning positive reviews. It's amazing how much some Star Wars fans are acting exactly like certain DC fans. Putting your fingers in your ears and saying "lalala" doesn't solve the problems.

Meanwhile for us Marvel fans...

2WWbesi.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

All the negative press about Solo bombing is not gonna help its legs at all. Even my parents that don't follow box office or star wars are telling me it flopped. Most general audiences avoid bombs as they think they are bad movies.

Yeah, it becomes a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy...most of the time.

5 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

All the negative press about Solo bombing is not gonna help its legs at all. Even my parents that don't follow box office or star wars are telling me it flopped. Most general audiences avoid bombs as they think they are bad movies.

Yeah, I've had some friends who never follow box office ask me how if I heard about how Solo bombed. Widespread knowledge that a movie is a bomb definitely isn't a good thing for WOM. 

• Like 2