WrathOfHan

Wednesday Numbers: Solo 4.9M | Deadpool 3.9M | Book Club 1.6M | Infinity War 1.5M

7 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

No need to apologize.  It certainly wasn't directed at you or acronyms in general.  Just the three lettered one that sadly isn't talking about Tommy Lee Jones.

4 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Even Tommy is discussed for more than 2 pages, there would be some wonderful takes about him too by bot.

Talking about Tommy Lee Jones, I remember a very funny scene in CA:TFA. Right after Cap kisses Peggy he looks at Tommy(forgot his name in the movie) and Tommy Lee Jones just goes 'I'm not kissing you' :lol:

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, baumer said:

It does have terrific wom.  Not all wom is typed out on the internet.  Sometimes wom is just people telling other people to go see something.  

Thanks!

Sad that some people have forgotten the meaning of "word of mouth”: it is indeed people talking, and that is what is fueling Book Club's holds. We tend to forget that not all demos care to post their every opinion online.

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Lol dude for a moment I thought IW did 1.92 on Wednesday falling only 3% 😂. I was very happy for a few seconds lol

5 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Talking about Tommy Lee Jones, I remember a very funny scene in CA:TFA. Right after Cap kisses Peggy he looks at Tommy(forgot his name in the movie) and Tommy Lee Jones just goes 'I'm not kissing you' :lol:

Jones was very funny in the movie. I loved his role, especially in this scene where he says “its makine me cry” 😜

• Haha 2

When I went to see Solo on Tuesday the person collecting the movie the movie tickets wouldn't let these group of guys go into the theater to see deadpool without their IDs. So im assuming a lot of people might be purchasing tickets for other movies and going to see DP2 theaters seem to have gotten more strict.

• Thanks 1

As @baumer too ponted out, Mendelsohn tends to typos and so on

Vor 6 Minuten

Of course, retweets the post that I have to delete and re-tweet because I spelled my own name wrong on the Twitter handle.

I kind of find this one funny (at least no one can imply any stupid payment accusation)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That's a 28% drop for Deadpool. YIKES

Seems pretty normal to me based on other R rated films in the past

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, baumer said:

Yep.

MMFR had a -26.6% Wed drop after having a larger 54.2% Tues drop - compared to DP2's 48.4%

• Thanks 1

Moderation:

This is a numbers thread and not a TLJ bashing thread.  Please take it elsewhere.

Repeat offenders will be thread banned from this and future numbers threads if they can't control themselves.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8
35 minutes ago, YLF said:

When I went to see Solo on Tuesday the person collecting the movie the movie tickets wouldn't let these group of guys go into the theater to see deadpool without their IDs. So im assuming a lot of people might be purchasing tickets for other movies and going to see DP2 theaters seem to have gotten more strict.

so Solo's best bet for boxoffice hold are DP2 sneaks. :Venom:

• Haha 2

In hindsight, Oceans 8 should have opened this weekend. Would have given it a little bit of breathing room before the double-thunderstorm (I2/JW) takes over.

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, baumer said:

Same, not sure why he decided to go all dramatic with a capitalised “yikes”.

😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, baumer said:

I posted this elsewhere in here (The CCC) but there is some interest in it as a few of you have commented on FB or here or whats app.

So I'll post it here too....have a read, you might get a kick out of it.

https://www.top10films.co.uk/45516-meeting-hollywoods-biggest-stars-dan-grants-top-10-encounters-with-tinseltown/

It's my top ten encounters I've had with celebs....I even mention this site (not by name...but I mention it and the summer game).

@chasmmi

You look very different from what I imagined, Baumer. I always figured you had a Hockey mask on all the time.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

In hindsight, Oceans 8 should have opened this weekend. Would have given it a little bit of breathing room before the double-thunderstorm (I2/JW) takes over.

Book Club is unfazed by Deadpool 2 and Solo. 

I think Ocean’s 8 can co exist.

• Like 1

Deadpool 2 dropped better than I thought it would. Not sure why Han was being over dramatic since 28% is normal for the type of film it is but personally I thought it was looking at a higher drop because it had a really good Tuesday. Hoping it can have another good drop Thursday and have a $20M+ weekend 

• Like 1