CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

It had a C I believe. I should also clarify to avoid the holidays because almost everything gets a 3x there :lol: 

Well, WOWS got a C because the audience polled must have been 60-70 year old Martin Scorsese fans not expecting to see Margot Robbie go full frontal and they certainly weren't expecting Leo and Jonah to be high on queludes for half the film.  :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

It always matters for headlines, except Disney, they don't seem to give a fuck about headlines.

Disney seems very conservative, it’s like they are still butthurt over AOU :hahaha:

Just now, Thrylos 7 said:

Disney seems very conservative, it’s like they are still butthurt over AOU :hahaha:

I think before Solo, they were batting 1000.  So for them, they didn't need headlines.  Often times, they'd post some low ball weekend number and it would increase with the actuals on Monday.  

Just now, grey ghost said:

It was satire.

IDGAF really.

Enjoy your "victory". Lol.

Do you mean the bet for I2 hitting 700 million?  Or was it 600?  I think this might be the first consecutive bets I've won in your game in about 2 years lol.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

148-150m opening? But, but no hype? Presales? 

Are you suggesting that presales don’t matter ? This didn’t even come close to movies with strong  presales like TLJ, IW,BP, I2 e.t.c.

I guess it beat solo :hahaha:

Edited by Thrylos 7

3 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

They must have thought Father's Day is running for 2 consecutive weeks

It's the same Sunday drop as the first one.  And when films open to huge numbers like this, the Sunday drop is typically under 20%.  

Just now, baumer said:

Do you mean the bet for I2 hitting 700 million?  Or was it 600?  I think this might be the first consecutive bets I've won in your game in about 2 years lol.

It was 700 for I2.

And then I had an under 300 m bet for JW2.

I bet the farm on both. :gold:

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It was 700 for I2.

I don’t think 700 is completely dead for Incredibles yet. Let’s not forget the inevitable Labor Day re-expansion will add an extra 10-15M or so

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Good opening for JW btw. Idk if anyone in the summer game was predicting 150 or 155, so I wouldn’t mind if it went closer to my 145M prediction :ph34r:

One person (Mike Hunt) had it at 155.  That's just doing a super quick search.

• Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

It was 700 for I2.

b6880083d3affbc67eeeb39fa1b573a8.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nevermore said:

It seems some people were basing their predictions on the pre sales, when clearly this is a walk-up franchise.

I think presales is a horrible way to judge a film.  Unless they are so out of this world like they were for TFA, you can't really get a true gauge of what a film will do based on presales.  Take me for example, I go to maybe 70-90 films a year, and the only film in my life I have ever pre-bought for was TFA.

• Like 2