CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

34 minutes ago, Nova said:

So the top 5 movies at the domestic box office is looking more and more like it’s going to be all Superhero movies but I’m supposed to believe that super hero fatigue is going to hit by next year :thinking: 

inb4 Alpha arrives with the $1B DOM

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am happy it went up but not celebrating that much :lol:

JW's 2nd weekend - FK's OW - JW's OW (the dots below are in proportion):

I will celebrate if OD is ~60 or 3.9x the previews (compared to JW's 4.4x)

Edited by a2k

Holy moly! It's almost as if I was exactly right when I took the extraordinary, ridiculous, insane (according to some) position that JWFK being just slightly behind I2 on MT.com Thursday afternoon meant that it might end up slightly behind I2 on Thursday night.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

$15.3M Thursday

$41.3M Friday (Including Previews $56.6M)

$47.5M Saturday (+15% without previews/-16% with previews)

$38M Sunday (-20%)

$142.1M Weekend (9.3x previews)

I have no idea how The Incredibles 2 will play out, but $80-85M would be great after that big drop on Thursday.

• Like 1

I hope this is the last time i have to say this: Jurassic Park movies are not presales-driven or need a lot of online hype. They are GA monsters. If audiences want them, they will come. And if they like them, they explode. This franchise just isnt comparable to Superhero Movies, SW or whatever.

Also @CJohn where is the implosion? I cant find it either. It must be in the hidden corner of shame where the under 100M OW of @MovieMan89 rests.

Oh my god, im so salty right now.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Mike Hunt said:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

$15.3M Thursday

$41.3M Friday (Including Previews $56.6M)

$47.5M Saturday (+15% without previews/-16% with previews)

$38M Sunday (-20%)

$142.1M Weekend (9.3x previews)

I have no idea how The Incredibles 2 will play out, but $80-85M would be great after that big drop on Thursday.

That Sunday drop is probably too big 

Nice increase over first estimate. Once again, signs of walkup business. Let's see the grosses for the weekend. At this moment, 140M+ is on the table

Anyways, haters gonna hate and they will begin to come with words such as "underwhelming", "disappointing", "big drop"...

Jurassic Park movies are massive, guys. Not always record breakers, but still massive