CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

https://deadline.com/2018/06/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-opening-weekend-box-office-1202415529/

2ND UPDATE: Industry estimates show Universal/Amblin’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom stomping to the lower end of its projections with a $55 million Friday and a $135M opening weekend. Meanwhile, Disney/Pixar’s Incredibles 2 is looking at a $25M second Friday, with a second weekend in the vicinity of the low-$80M range. More updates coming soon.

• Like 9
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

Well, i respect the people that hated JW but I Loved Jurassic World, i LOVED the Nanny scene, and loved the third act with all the dinos (including my beloved trex from the first movie) fighting the big bad guy and how it ended eated by the water dino. And the end showing from above my beloved trex standing mighty in the island. It was such a fun movie.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, captainwondyful said:

As a lesbian, I cringed so hard that they thought Pratt was the guy (let alone the Chris) we'd go bi for.  🙄

Which Chris is it tho?

Cap? :sarah:

Thor? :insane:

Both? 

At the same time? :Venom:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

https://deadline.com/2018/06/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-opening-weekend-box-office-1202415529/

2ND UPDATE: Industry estimates show Universal/Amblin’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom stomping to the lower end of its projections with a $55 million Friday and a $135M opening weekend. Meanwhile, Disney/Pixar’s Incredibles 2 is looking at a $25M second Friday, with a second weekend in the vicinity of the low-$80M range. More updates coming soon.

Edited by abra
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Chewy said:

The scene in question was literally the girl telling Pratt that she would go straight for him. No thanks lmao

Wow:hahaha:

56 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

That happens literally every time with gay characters. It's just a cover for "if we left this in the film we would lose foreign markets."

That leaves the question, why do they write it at all?

And I doubt those five seconds hurt a film that much.

55M Friday would be okay roughly 40M True Friday and a 2.59x Previews.

Guess it could climb higher to 43M true Friday :)

Edited by Taruseth

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I'm going by percentage of tickets sold in this metric.  Also on a flat number of tickets sold, JW2 outsold Solo locally. [edit: 1.0758x more than Solo, for the record]

Hate to pull the "Actually" card*, but...

* No I don't. :P

Solo [14.1] * 1.0758 = 15.17m

JW:FK = 15.3m

I call that a successful estimate. 

Lucky one too, I'll admit. :ph34r::lol: 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

That leaves the question, why do they write it at all?

And I doubt those five seconds hurt a film that much.

Power Rangers got an 18 rating in Russia for even vaguely implying that one of the leads is not heterosexual. 

• ...wtf 1

For reference, this was JW's first Friday update in 2015:

UPDATE, Friday 12:53 PM: Jurassic World is currently estimating a $65M Friday off midday sales — that’s inclusive of last night’s $18.5M B.O.

We all know what the number was in the end.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 3

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

*hardwick. my unproblematic bae. now to check the entertainment news for the first time this week....

Make sure to start drinking a large gulp of coffee just before doing so. RebWGyw.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

Gimme your thoughts on MalePatternBaldness getting eaten by the trex parents in Lost World

Should have been the only one of the four to make it off the island.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Gotta admit, my favorite dino action on a grand scale was in Jackson's Kong when Kong threw down with the tyrannosaur like creatures. Next favorite would be when Kong wrestled the abnormally large Skullcrawler in Skull Island.

So, there it is... Big hopes for the creature on creature action and fun in store in King of the Monsters and, especially, Kong v. Godzilla. Some fun stuff in Jurassic World with big dinos chomping on one another. Not so much in Fallen Kingdom. Missed the boat there.

I gotta admit my favorite Dino movie remains the one I saw as a kid, the Harryhausen classic "Valley of the Gwangi".

Cowboys and Dinosaurs;what more could you want.

That’s an alright drop for I2. Definitely was more superhero movie than animation. Will rebound next week and the week after with AMATW double features.