CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

10 minutes ago, abra said:

https://deadline.com/2018/06/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-opening-weekend-box-office-1202415529/

2ND UPDATE: Industry estimates show Universal/Amblin’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom stomping to the lower end of its projections with a $55 million Friday and a $135M opening weekend. Meanwhile, Disney/Pixar’s Incredibles 2 is looking at a $25M second Friday, with a second weekend in the vicinity of the low-$80M range. More updates coming soon.

Both will go up. 

Now, I'm thinking $140M+ for JWFK and just under $90M for I2. I think I2 is going kill it on Saturday and Sunday. $25M on a Friday and low 80s for the weekend doesn't compute even if $25M is spot on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Good news that there's gonna be a lull next weekend so now Ant-Man can pick up some steam.

Even then I still think Ant-Man will hurt, I2 definitely has the family audience and most of superhero audience covered and FK should play well with the male demographic and both are $135M+ openers (if FK does that). I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it did $65M OW.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, abra said:

https://deadline.com/2018/06/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-opening-weekend-box-office-1202415529/

2ND UPDATE: Industry estimates show Universal/Amblin’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom stomping to the lower end of its projections with a $55 million Friday and a $135M opening weekend. Meanwhile, Disney/Pixar’s Incredibles 2 is looking at a $25M second Friday, with a second weekend in the vicinity of the low-$80M range. More updates coming soon.

I might have confidence that RTH might have higher numbers tomorrow. Usually happens with most blockbusters recently.

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Even then I still think Ant-Man will hurt, I2 definitely has the family audience and most of superhero audience covered and FK should play well with the male demographic. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it did $65M OW.

If Ant-Man goes below 80 I will eat my lunch.

8 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Both will go up. 

Now, I'm thinking $140M+ for JWFK and just under $90M for I2. I think I2 is going kill it on Saturday and Sunday. $25M on a Friday and low 80s for the weekend doesn't compute even if $25M is spot on.

Dory jumped 19% on Sat (after 33% on Friday) and Cars3 jumped 23.5% (after 74% on Friday)

25.0 (+49%)

32.5 (+30%)

25.7 (-21%)

= 83.2

Edited by a2k

if JW2's True Friday is 40 (for 55.3 od)

40.0 [55.3]

45.0 (+12.5%) // JW1 +10%

35.2 (-21.8%) // JW1 -18%

= 135.5 (8.86x the previews) // JW1 11.3x

Edited by a2k

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

The older brother was just a douche in general. He can't be torn apart from his girlfriend at the start of the movie and once he gets to the park he starts checking out other girls lmao. Too bad a dino didn't eat him.

It's been a long time since I've seen JW in its entirety but I seem to remember Robinson being a douche to his GF even before they left for the island.