CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

8 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Seeing Fallen Kingdom in a couple of hours. If it's bad it better be bad in an entertaining way. Can't have a boring dinosaur film.

It’s not entertaining at all, this has a BvS disturbing aura. 

• Haha 1

Infinity War performed above and beyond expectations. That is a stone cold FACT. 

And yes I do see an opening below 170mil to be undeniably disappointing for Fallen Kingdom. It didn't need to match the first opening weekend but it should be in that ball park.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, bladels said:

IW did freaking $2B WW, +$500M from TA, +$600M from AOU, +$900M from CW and Thrylos still find a way to be disappointed so don't argue with him about JW2 :sweat:

Why are you telling Baumer what to do ? I have “known” him since before you knew what the internet is, for almost 20 years, and he actually has good reading comprehension skills even if we disagree. I said I expected more after it’s huge worldwide opening weekend and so did many people , again the posts are there for all to see.

Edited by Thrylos 7
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Why are you telling Baumer what to do ? I have “known” him since before you knew what the internet is, for almost 20 years, and he actually has good reading comprehension skills even if we disagree. I said I expected more after it’s huge worldwide opening weekend and so did many people , again the posts are there for all to see.

I'm not telling Baumer, I'm telling everyone and I didn't say you're wrong, I just said that if you were disappointed with IW then there's no point trying to convince you not to be disappointed with JW2

41 minutes ago, baumer said:

We need @Rthanos to come by and drop a number to get us all talking....like this kind of classic post:

Just dropping by....looks like 57-58....lets see how the late late shows play out.

So I'm summoning him now:

jeff-seid-ripped-body.jpg    28-053046-habits_of_ripped_men.jpg

Something like this should help.

king_of_dinosaurs_by_iblokes-dahlmts.png

• Astonished 1

33 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Always makes me laugh when people use CinemaScore over stuff like RT Audience Ratings.

RT Audience Ratings are prone to manipulation and need to be considered on a case by case basis. Sure, Cinemascore is limited in scope and means less now than in years past. Still, it's a better gauge of how or if a film pleases general audiences than the RT Audience Ratings.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mathemetrics said:

they should have got this one and Kingsman 2 out a year or two earlier

Jurassic World 2 literally 1 year after the first would not have worked. The three year gap had nothing to do with it, audiences just got their fill and were tickled by nostalgia. 

1 minute ago, bladels said:

I'm not telling Baumer, I'm telling everyone and I didn't say you're wrong, I just said that if you were disappointed with IW then there's no point trying to convince you not to be disappointed with JW2

Actually I am not disappointed with JW2, I hated the film and the worse it does the better. I wasn’t even disappointed with IW after the first impression of its gigantic ow worn off hense my posts becoming more positive about its bo performance.

Funny thing for all the talk about how MCU fans were angry at JW beating AOU I wasn’t , and you won’t  find a post of mine whining about it since I liked JW and thought its performance as a pleseant surprise. JW2 can go to hell for all I care though, bottom of the barrel blockbuster....

• Like 1

Nobody was tricked by nostalgia. The film didn't have a hook, that is what is damaging it the most. And the mediocre leaning negative reviews aren't helping matters. Still I hope it hits 65mil Friday just to keep things interesting.

7 minutes ago, mathemetrics said:

they should have got this one and Kingsman 2 out a year or two earlier

I left that preview screening theater in  2015 thinking two things:

1) Opening weekend record was about to fall because JW wasn't a movie as much as it was truly a time machine for millennials back into childhood.

2) JW 2 would an hype mongering smash. 

1 was a success, 2 is so-so. I would argue that, by far, the costliest strategic mistakes are:

1) Destroying the park so soon. The park being up & running was fucking awesome and an enormous park of the hook to JW. Literally destroying the island in this movie & making that painfully clear in the very first trailer was a big mistake. I think much casual interest was muted once seeing this.

2) Opening so close to INC 2. That was always going to be a large scale break out.

Hard to say what the future holds for jurassic 3.

Edited by excel1
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I'm still amazed that The Revenant did so well. Even with Leo's track record, a moody, violent, two-and-a-half-hour drama is a tough sell. Given all that he endured in the making of the film, I also get why DiCaprio has taken a long hiatus since then.

As for Jurassic World: a retention rate in line with that of Fate of the Furious after Furious 7 wouldn't be great, but it wouldn't be disastrous. Jurassic World was such a surprise smash that a big drop kinda felt inevitable from the very start.

The Bear fucked Leo in the ass got dozens of millions of views.

People had to know and check it out for themselves.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Both are trash.

But at least the CinemaScore uses classic polling methods.

RT audience score is flawed when it comes to some movies but for ones like JW:FK, it's more accurate then CinemaScore tends to be.