baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

https://deadline.com/2018/06/shailene-woodley-adrift-solo-star-wars-story-action-point-weekend-box-office-1202401740/

So according to dL, it did 725 in previews......using Life of the Party and Breaking In, this could spell a 17 mill weekend for it.

Action Point only had "some previews" and they will report them later.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, baumer said:

https://deadline.com/2018/06/shailene-woodley-adrift-solo-star-wars-story-action-point-weekend-box-office-1202401740/

So according to dL, it did 725 in previews......using Life of the Party and Breaking In, this could spell a 17 mill weekend for it.

Action Point only had "some previews" and they will report them later.

Both of those movies probably skew a bit older than Adrift and most colleges are out by now which should mean higher previews.

That is...fine for Abdrift i guess? Could be in for a mid-teens opening.

But in that im not interested. Im interested in the 60M second weekend of SOLO. Bring on that 200% Friday jump in June!

• Like 1

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week:

Ocean's 8: 1:46. Attachments are A Star Is Born and something else.

Hotel Artemis: 1:25. Attachment is City of Lies.

A24 hasn't released Hereditary's info

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Both of those movies probably skew a bit older than Adrift and most colleges are out by now which should mean higher previews.

I disagree.  Why would they skew older?  Life of the Party isn't exactly an adult film, it stars Melissa McCarthy.  

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Life of the Party isn't exactly an adult film, it stars Melissa McCarthy.  

... which means it mostly appeals to middle aged women, right? that's kinda always been McCarthy's main crowd.

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I disagree.  Why would they skew older?  Life of the Party isn't exactly an adult film, it stars Melissa McCarthy.  

Shalaine Woodley attracts a more teenage/early 20s audience 

Melissa McCarthy attracts more middle aged women 

It's not THAT much older but I do believe it makes a difference in movie going lol 

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Whose main audience is adult women, B. :lol:

3 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

... which means it mostly appeals to middle aged women, right? that's kinda always been McCarthy's main crowd.

I've never really thought about it.  I just assumed she appealed to all ages, not middle aged women.

• Like 1

Wooow 725k is pathetic. Not surprising though, that a film opens to terrible numbers when there is a STAR WARS behemoth in release. Of course everything else is getting crushed.

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 3