baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Its only bad when the movie sucks. If its good, it wont be damaging at all.

But the lack of spoilers drives up the opening weekend because of audiences dying to know what happens but with Fallen Kingdom opening overseas a full two weeks before it opens in the US, the movie isn't going to be able to take advantage of that.

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

@Nova

Try seeing it like this: The original Deadpool was labeled as a risk or even guaranteed failure from many trades before its release. No one even on these forums predicted it to do 363M DOM and nearly 800M worldwide. If the first one grossed lets say 250M DOM and 600M WW, the numbers for its sequel now would look absolutely great.

In the end, it will make a healthy profit for Fox and we will get Deadpool 3. And even more importantly, its a very good movie.

Out of like but that is exactly right. Some people don't seem to understand that this is a R-rated movie with a $110M budget... or pretend they don't understand.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I think FK will be served by the drought of live action tent poles. But my predictions are still conservative compared to some folks here.

Not to mention after a packed line-up of superhero films, JW:FK will feel like a refreshing change of pace for audiences seeking a major blockbuster. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, baumer said:

I wonder if anyone is going to talk about anything besides how bad solo is doing. I mean the forums have been talking about this over and over and over again for the last 10 days.

What ? I see people talking about a gazillion things from whether IW will pass 2 billion to debating about Deadpool 2 bo performance. Solo is the newest thing, plus it is bombing spectacularly so of course people are talking about it, but it doesn’t monopolize the forum.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Miiiiight see Solo in a couple hours. At least I wouldn't have to worry about crowds :hahaha: 

Jesus the SHADE.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, L Silverman said:

But the lack of spoilers drives up the opening weekend because of audiences dying to know what happens but with Fallen Kingdom opening overseas a full two weeks before it opens in the US, the movie isn't going to be able to take advantage of that.

What the hell can be spoiled about a Jurassic Park movie? Its dinosaurs chasing and eating people while some lines from the original movie are referenced ans tons of product placement. People dont go in expecting to be surprised by anything, they just want dinosaur spectacle :lol: Its no coincidence that the marketing is so "spoiler"-heavy.

• Like 2

Two more obstacles for Fallen Kingdom- the trailers make the film look way too scary for kids.  Might discourage families from going to see it.  Also, the film will be facing stiff competition for that family dollar from a very strong second week Incredibles 2.

Just now, CJohn said:

Jesus the SHADE.

I took a look at how my AMC is selling, and it's doing terrrrrrrrrible. The show starting in 5 minutes hasn't even sold 30 seats, and the next 2D at 8:30 only has 12 seats sold; forget about the 3D shows :hahaha: 

• Haha 1

Just now, L Silverman said:

Two more obstacles for Fallen Kingdom- the trailers make the film look way too scary for kids.  Might discourage families from going to see it.  Also, the film will be facing stiff competition for that family dollar from a very strong second week Incredibles 2.

This is the only sensible thing you've said. If there is a shift in tone in the film that makes the movie somewhat scary/dark then that could drive families away from the film and straight into the lap of Incredibles 2. 

2 minutes ago, L Silverman said:

This doesn't seem to have affected the previous MCU tentpoles in May, which usually have an overseas rollout a week or more before the U.S release. And these are films that are even more spoiler sensitive (being extremely character driven) than a film like JW:FK.