baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Read the predictions of the trades and on this forum before the first JW came out. You will find countless under 400M or even under 300M predictions. Hell, many doubted 1 Billion worldwide greatly.

Thats why JW's breakout was so surprising. Nobody knew how much demand there was for another JP film. And many of those people doubt FK now again. I dont :lol:

Well, there is something special about dinosuars. ;)  To paraphrase Mayor Vaughn in Jaws- "You yell monster, people say 'eh, I might see that'.  You yell dinosaur, people line up around the block."

Edited by L Silverman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Read the predictions of the trades and on this forum before the first JW came out. You will find countless under 400M or even under 300M predictions. Hell, many doubted 1 Billion worldwide greatly.

Thats why JW's breakout was so surprising. Nobody knew how much demand there was for another JP film. And many of those people doubt FK now again. I dont :lol:

If I recall pretty much everyone was guessing in the 200s haha 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

If I recall pretty much everyone was guessing in the 200s haha 

There was even someone who predicted JW's worldwide total under Godzillas (521M) total :hahaha:Epic fail. I can highly recommend the Jurassic World OS thread for laughs.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

There was even someone who predicted JW's worldwide total under Godzillas (521M) total :hahaha:Epic fail. I can highly recommend the Jurassic World OS thread for laughs.

Here is that post again for those who missed that thread. We all make bad predictions from time to time, but it was hilarious how far off this one was. $380 million WW prediction versus $1.672 billion WW actual.

Can't describe how unoriginal this film is. The only mildly interesting featute of the film is Chris Pratt. It is annoyingly similar to Godzilla which was also made by Legendary Pictures (unsurprisingly).

Overall, a gross similar to Godzilla would not surprise me but I think audiences learnt their lesson from last year. It didn't help that Godzilla had bad reception so I believe this will gross less - especially in North America.

Prediction: $140M in NA, $240M elsewhere (only because of China).

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, KP1025 said:

Here is that post again for those who missed that thread. We all make bad predictions from time to time, but it was hilarious how far off this one was. $380 million WW prediction versus $1.672 billion WW actual.

That's even worse than IW's "no hype" claim.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KP1025 said:

And what astute box office king made that post?

36 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

They made a movie about Han Solo with an actor that was a small featured complete physical mis-match.  

It is a decent movie, it is reviewed decently, but you can't overcome the lead actor looking nothing like Harrison Ford.  

Same reason once Indiana Jones 5 is made, that property is done.  Finished.  

Also the late marketing, with complete blackout until a few months before release - not even photos of the characters. Maybe it was worth waiting for a Superbowl ad in the US (and probably not), but it helped kill its prospects overseas.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

The trailer for Action Point was "ouch, that's gotta hurt!" over and over. Who is the audience for that? 12-year-old boys with bad parents?

Well, Jackass did well.

Upgrade shows up on Fandango Top 5 for the first time, Adrift still doing well:

2018-06-01 17:00:00	1002	Solo A Star Wars Story
2018-06-01 17:00:00	881	Deadpool 2
2018-06-01 17:00:00	463	Adrift (2018)
2018-06-01 17:00:00	349	Avengers Infinity War
2018-06-01 17:00:00	207	Upgrade (2018)
2018-06-01 17:00:00	201	Book Club
2018-06-01 17:00:00	116	Life of the Party
2018-06-01 17:00:00	101	Solo A Star Wars Story 3D
2018-06-01 17:00:00	79	Action Point
2018-06-01 17:00:00	68	Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Thanks 1

Also the late marketing, with complete blackout until a few months before release - not even photos of the characters. Maybe it was worth waiting for a Superbowl ad in the US (and probably not), but it helped kill its prospects overseas.

Mystery Box finally screwed a SW movie. lol

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Well, Jackass did well.

I think the Jackass crowd has simply moved on and the younger generation isn't interested in seeing the almost-50 Johnny Knoxville doing the same shtick has been doing for almost two decades. It happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Last time im replying youre on my ignore list for a reason lol.

Find me the post where i said it would to 500M in China. I give you a hint: You wont find it, since it doesnt exist. I have made two ballsy clubs for the movie, one for 500M DOM and one for it > Infinity War in China - both unlikely, but not impossible.

And im still waiting for you to stop posting in this forum, which you have declared at one point, together with the eating of a crow.

I’m on the ignore list yet you replied to my post - which wasn’t even directed at you. Doesn’t make any sense why you would even see the post if I was on ignore. Not that it matters anyways since I don’t value your opinion so by all means keep “ignoring”.  As for your 500M China prediction, its very real (as real as JW2 future terrible OW) -  I’m glad to dig it up for you since it seems to have slipped your mind:

On 5/27/2018 at 2:11 PM, Brainbug said:

No worrys, Jurassic World will gross that 500M :)

toodles 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 4

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

I’m on the ignore list yet you replied to my post - which wasn’t even directed at you. Doesn’t make any sense why you would even see the post if I was on ignore. Not that it matters anyways since I don’t value your opinion so by all means keep “ignoring”.  As for your 500M China prediction, its very real (as real as JW2 future terrible OW) -  I’m glad to dig it up for you since it seems to have slipped your mind:

toodles 

mzeOX.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

toodles 

@GraceRandolph going into the China thread like 

tenor.gif?itemid=9602619

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, MrGamer said:

Somebody better get this edge out of here. Somebody might get cut on it. 

giphy.gif