baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Mid-30s, which could increase depending on how strong reviews are. Just because there's no competition doesn't mean it has to break out IMO.

I think it goes into the 40's possibly 50.  It's been getting lots of traction in the last few weeks.  And this is everything that Ghostbusters should have been imo.

• Like 1

Predictions for next weekend:

Ocean's 8: $48M (coming for that surprise breakout that nobody notices cause they're too busy fretting over Solo)

Hereditary: $9M (I honestly have no idea how well this will do other than that the CinemaScore will likely be low and it'll die fast afterwards)

Hotel Artemis: $4M (dumps away)

This forum is so young male-dominated that it's way too unsurprising to see a lot of 90M or so predictions for Action Point yet people still underestimating the breakouts of Ocean's 8, or failing to see Book Club doing much more than 20M total

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Oceans 8 will probably be my second movie of the summer (with Tully being the first obviously) unless I see Solo or Avengers in the next few days 

You're probably the only person left on this entire forum who hasn't seen Infinity War. Get with the times, Ethan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Predictions for next weekend:

Ocean's 8: $48M (coming for that surprise breakout that nobody notices cause they're too busy fretting over Solo)

Hereditary: $9M (I honestly have no idea how well this will do other than that the CinemaScore will likely be low and it'll die fast afterwards)

Hotel Artemis: $4M (dumps away)

Oceans Eleven debuted to 38M unadjusted in 2001. It should do at least that number i think.

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Oceans 8 will probably be my second movie of the summer (with Tully being the first obviously) unless I see Solo or Avengers in the next few days 

infinity warrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

You're probably the only person left on this entire forum who hasn't seen Infinity War. Get with the times, Ethan.

tbh as it's been described to me it actually sounds... kinda good. but eh. 

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

This forum is so young male-dominated that it's way too unsurprising to see a lot of 90M or so predictions for Action Point yet people still underestimating the breakouts of Ocean's 8, or failing to see Book Club doing much more than 20M total

Been saying this for years.  It's one of the reasons Twilight is so looked down upon.  

• Like 5

Just got out of Book Club and I can't believe I am saying this but its in my top 5 favorite movies of the year. I really really enjoyed the hell out of that movie. It has great performances all around and after seeing it I am not the least bit shocked at the type of legs it's having. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Oceans Eleven debuted to 38M unadjusted in 2001. It should do at least that number i think.

Not necessarily.  The Mummy failed to match its predecessor and that was released in 1999

Edited by Alli

Also my quick take a look at numbers for this weekend: 

Seems to me that the reason why the post MDW always has harsh drops for holdovers is because there is typically a big opener. That's not the case this year, which is probably why we are seeing really good holds for the majority of films. 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

It is. In fact, it's great. I'm sure you have nothing else to do rn over the summer. SEE IT

Oh year right. sorry Han. I just remembered Book Club. If I see something during the week it'll be Book Club. It looks super cute

• Thanks 1