Brainbug

Brainbugs Top 50 Best Horror movies of all time - Baumer's top 50 starts on page 18

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Till July 3rd i believe. I won it with Daxtremes Fights list :lol:

So take a stab at my number one film and my top three.

I'll give you two guesses on each.....it's worth it for you.  If you are to guess my number one film, you get a one month gold.....you guess all three in order and it's three months.

@Krissykins @75Live @ddddeeee @Jake Gittes @L Silverman @Lucas @Kingp0va @Mockingjay Raphael @Daxtreme @cheesypoofs @ChipMunky @Maxmoser3  @RichWS @Harley  

Anyone can guess my number one horror film...first five correct answers gets a one month gold membership.

If anyone can guess my top three in order, you get a 3 month gold membership.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, baumer said:

So take a stab at my number one film and my top three.

I'll give you two guesses on each.....it's worth it for you.  If you are to guess my number one film, you get a one month gold.....you guess all three in order and it's three months.

These were my guesses the first time:

01. Nightmare on Elm Street

02. Shining

03. Friday: The Final Chapter

And the second now:

01. Texas Chainsaw 1974

02. Halloween (1978)
03. Nightmare on Elm Street

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

@Krissykins @75Live @ddddeeee @Jake Gittes @L Silverman @Lucas @Kingp0va @Mockingjay Raphael @Daxtreme @cheesypoofs @ChipMunky @Maxmoser3  @RichWS @Harley  

Anyone can guess my number one horror film...first five correct answers gets a one month gold membership.

1. The Ring

2. Halloween

3. Scream

• Disbelief 1

Just now, ChipMunky said:

1. The Ring

2. Halloween

3. Scream

One hint i have for you: Predicting the number 1 to be a movie that was already listed as number 16 on the list isnt that good of an idea :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

One hint i have for you: Predicting the number 1 to be a movie that was already listed as number 16 on the list isnt that good of an idea :lol:

Oh, so you think I actually looked through the list?

That's not a good idea.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

Oh, so you think I actually looked through the list?

That's not a good idea.

Well, thats some unneccessary arrogance. You do know that this post indicates that you have zero interest in baumers opinions and the list? Then why even post? Makes you seem like a dickhead.

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Well, thats some unneccessary arrogance. You do know that this post indicates that you have zero interest in baumers opinions and the list? Then why even post? Makes you seem like a dickhead.

Bruh, I've never posted in or seen the thread. I've seen 17 years of movie lists. I got tagged, made a quick response, and went on with my day.

Trying to shame me for not looking through his list is peak "I'm better than you" arrogance. Bye.

I'm gonna go with

Halloween
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original)
Scream

In that order. I seem to recall Halloween as being your favorite, might have changed since then. Or maybe I recall wrong, whatever. And I think you love Scream!

Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a no-brainer I think, if it's not in the top like 5 or so I'm gonna riot! :sarah:

Random question @baumer but did you like the 2013 remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, baumer said:

On 6/10/2018 at 9:39 PM, Lucas said:

Oh dear, I'm not sure... eh fuck it.

1. Halloween

2. The Shining

3. Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter

I'll stick to my original prediction, cuz fuck it.

I hope Elm Street isn't #1. That's a movie that has aged poorly, imo (the way it's shot, the way it's scored. Not to mention the acting and dialogue, which is awful). It doesn't hold up the way Texas Chainsaw, The Shining and Halloween do, and it can't hold a candle to those movies, imho.

Btw, it is pretty obvious what the remaining non-US film is.

14 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

I hope Elm Street isn't #1. That's a movie that has aged poorly, imo (the way it's shot, the way it's scored. Not to mention the acting and dialogue, which is awful). It doesn't hold up the way Texas Chainsaw, The Shining and Halloween do, and it can't hold a candle to those movies, imho.

Btw, it is pretty obvious what the remaining non-US film is.

I'm pretty sure you won't figure out what the remaining non US film is.

And I Disagree Completely about a Nightmare on Elm Street. To me it is held up incredibly well over the years especially the way it's shot and directed. But Different Strokes different folks.

@Daxtreme   he Texas Chainsaw remake is in my top 20. The entire list so far is on of 18

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm pretty sure you won't figure out what the remaining non US film is.

And I Disagree Completely about a Nightmare on Elm Street. To me it is held up incredibly well over the years especially the way it's shot and directed. But Different Strokes different folks.

@Daxtreme   he Texas Chainsaw remake is in my top 20. The entire list so far is on of 18

Spoiler

My Bloody Valentine?

Also, Dax asked about Texas Chainsaw 3D, I believe, not the remake.

• Like 2

Okay I will offer one more chance at a gold membership to anyone who correctly guesses what the only non US remaining film is. If anybody successfully guesses it before I post it you will get a 1-month gold membership. This is open to as many people as possible who can guess it right.

6 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Reveal hidden contents

Also, Dax asked about Texas Chainsaw 3D, I believe, not the remake.

Oh. I missed that one lol. The 3D one is fine.

Ok. Stingray has My Bloody Valentine as his guess.

To be honest I actually liked all of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies. The only one I really didn't care for all that much or less than the others is Texas Chainsaw Massacre part 2

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

Oh. I missed that one lol. The 3D one is fine.

Ok. Stingray has My Bloody Valentine as his guess.

I meant My Bloody Valentine being the Canadian movie you mentioned. I think Halloween is your #1.

10) The Blair Witch Project (1999)

US

Box office:  248 million

Person of interest:  Myrick and Sanchez

Memorable quote:  I am so sorry. What is that? I'm scared to close my eyes, I'm scared to open them! We're gonna die out here!

primary_387.png?itok=hMeh45JQ&resize=110

Three film students vanish after traveling into a Maryland forest to film a documentary on the local Blair Witch legend, leaving only their footage behind.

The story is known by everyone as three filmmakers go into the wood to tell the story of the Blair Witch and soon they find themselves lost with something apparently coming for them. I remember the hype surrounding this film quite well and I remember my two viewings in the theater when the film originally opened. It's been about six years or more since I last watched the film so I was very curious going in as to how the film would hold up. After viewing the film I think it still holds up remarkably well and even though the hype has died down and much hates has been thrown upon the film, it still remains a rather chilling and all too realistic venture into basic fears. I think these basic fears can be the dark, being lost or hearing something when you shouldn't be hearing anything. These are three elements that make this film so effective because there isn't any blood, no monster, no killer and whatever is out there is something we never see. I think the greatness of the film, and something very important, is that the viewer is put into the action to where you can feel everything that the three filmmakers are going through. If you can imagine yourself lost in the woods then you should be able to know the fears going on with the filmmakers here. The movie does a marvelous job at various things but one is the start of the thing when we learn the history of the curse through the documentary set up. A perfect move. We hear from locals, various myths and then we slowly get put into the action. The set up wasn't original as the "lost video footage" was used in CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST nearly twenty years earlier but the effectiveness of this film is that it takes that lost footage and uses it again the viewer to assault their fears. The performances are all very raw but that makes them effective in terms of everything going on. The direction and use of two cameras is also very effective but the most chilling aspect of the film is without a doubt its ending. I won't spoil anything but the final shot before the hit still send chills down my spine no matter how many times I've seen the film. Over the years this film has found many critics to hate on it but this is something that happens with countless popular horror films, which is a real shame. In a day and age where we can see anything, it's refreshing to watch a movie like this that shows us absolutely nothing yet works on every level. 

• Like 2