Brainbug

Brainbugs Top 50 Best Horror movies of all time - Baumer's top 50 starts on page 18

1 hour ago, baumer said:

@75Live....check it now.

just saw the email and redeemed it.

Thanks again :D 

oops just found the other email, it went to spam for some reason and it just showed up.

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's as thread that is 6 years old now (man oh man where does time go?)

Looking it over, I should of had High Tension on list.  Same with Amityville Horror 2.  I really love that film but most don't.  Oh well, lists change over time, no doubt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Here's as thread that is 6 years old now (man oh man where does time go?)

Looking it over, I should of had High Tension on list.  Same with Amityville Horror 2.  I really love that film but most don't.  Oh well, lists change over time, no doubt.

High Tension/Switchblade Romance is incredible. The book it's loosely based on is even better, tho.

• Disbelief 1

7 hours ago, The Stingray said:

High Tension/Switchblade Romance is incredible. The book it's loosely based on is even better, tho.

Buddy. I've asked you this three different times in two different threads LOL can you please confirm that you got the two months of a gold membership that I sent you?

On 6/15/2018 at 9:45 AM, baumer said:

11) The Evil Dead (1981)

@Blankments  The Evil Dead is an entertaining exercise in gore in cinema. The effects are delightfully gruesome and definitely worth seeing.

i'll look through the whole list later, but lmao at you using my D+ review of Evil Dead for a positive review, this must be how some critics feel

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Blankments said:

i'll look through the whole list later, but lmao at you using my D+ review of Evil Dead for a positive review, this must be how some critics feel

Yea, it's like those blurbs in the paper or on line that only use part of the quote to make it look better than it is.  :)

• Like 1

Just went through the rest of the list. Can't say I disagree with much. Halloween is terrific, and more then a worthy #1. Aliens is a classic, though I tend to consider it sci-fi action than horror, it does have its creepy moments though, and The Shining is not just one of my favorite horror films, but one of my favorite films in general. 

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is also one of the most disturbingly intense films I've ever seen. The amazing thing is that it's not even that bloody, it just appears to be. The visceral and low-budget nature of it, is what makes it so effective. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2018 at 2:09 AM, baumer said:

Buddy. I've asked you this three different times in two different threads LOL can you please confirm that you got the two months of a gold membership that I sent you?

Yes, I received it. Thanks, B! That was nice of you, but you didn't have to do that.

PS: Why didn't you just tag me? :)

2 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Yes, I received it. Thanks, B! That was nice of you, but you didn't have to do that.

PS: Why didn't you just tag me? :)

I did tag you....three times.  :)

This list is so far coming out of my ass

50) Halloween 3

49) Jason Goes To Hell

48) Nightmare On Elm Street 4

47) People Under The Stairs

46) Bordello Of Blood

45) House On Haunted Hill 1959

44) House On Haunted Hill 1999

43) Dont Breathe

42) The Conjuring 2

41) The Conjuring

40) Nightmare On Elm Street

39) Get Out

38) Phantasm

37) Creepshow

36) Halloween H20

35) Halloween 1978

34) From Dusk Till Dawn

33) Scream(1-3 was the shit)

32) John Carpenters Vampires

31) Childs play(the series except seed and cult)

30) Urban Legend

29) Night Of The Living Dead 1968

28) Dawn Of The Dead 1978

27) Night Of The Living Dead 1990

26) Saw

25) Dracula 1931

24) Psycho III

23) Psycho II

22) Psycho 1960

21) Evil Dead original and remake 

20) Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1974

19) Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003

18) Friday the 13th

17) Friday The 13th:the final chapter

16) Jason Lives. 

15) Carrie 1976

14) Máximum Overdrive

13) Candyman

12) Cabin In The Woods

11) Demon Knight

10) The Thing 1982

9) They Live

8. IT 1990

7) Jacobs Ladder

6) American Psycho

5) Fright Night 1985

4) Shocker

3) New Nightmare

2) Blair Witch Project

1) Split

this was in no order. I know people will ask where’s the Shinning? I really liked that movie but I haven’t seen it since I was 14 and need to revisit it as well as half of these.

Also I really liked Final Destination, Jeepers Creepers, Evil Dead sequels, lost boys, and many many others.

others would it be horror? Like Deep Rising and those 90’s monster movies. 

This list was half assed but there’s a lot of horror movies I’ve seen since I turned 13-14 years old(which has been 7-8 years ago).