Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

BOM should include the 4m in OW for simplicity sake.  That’s the precedent that’s been set since they started doing them 6 years ago or so.  Changing it now just convolutes things.

Edited by Pandamia!
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pandamia! said:

BOM should include the 4m in OW for simplicity sake.  That’s the precedent that’s been set since they started doing them 6 years ago or so.  Changing it now just convolutes things.

I looked at the BOM numbers and it made no sense to me

4 minutes ago, JustMyL25899 said:

I looked at the BOM numbers and it made no sense to me

It’s silly.  I get that previews were early for this one, but breaking precedent just causes confusion.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Honestly, the low(er) turnout for 4 PM shows will dissuade WB or any other studio from trying it again sometime soon.

It'd be fine for family films in the summer or holidays but not films aimed at an older demo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

It'd be fine for family films in the summer or holidays but not films aimed at an older demo. 

seniors like going early in the day, though.  Is 4pm not a perfect time for them?

Aw, yeah.  Two hours of ladies stealing shit, looking fabulous, and being nice to each other; add in cameo after cameo of awesome, and you have a good time at the movies.  I think WOM will be mixed-positive.  My crowd had scattered laughs throughout.  I want Ocean's 9 and 10 now.  Only WITHOUT Gary Ross.  Yeah.  Let's just not.

More importantly, I need Jurassic World to come out NOW.  If I see that trailer again, I'm gonna start throwing popcorn at the screen.  I'm sure the movies fine, but geez, I feel like our theater runs it before EVERYTHING.

Edited by captainwondyful
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

20 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Ocean's 8 was pretty mediocre, very weak script, not unexpected for this franchise

The third film had a weak script, but  the 2001 film had a great script,and the sequel had a pretty good one.

If O8 does 17 for Friday, even with just a 20% jump on Saturday, that gives it a 45 weekend. 50 seems doable imo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

Aw, yeah.  Two hours of ladies stealing shit, looking fabulous, and being nice to each other; add in cameo after cameo of awesome, and you have a good time at the movies.  I think WOM will be mixed-positive.  My crowd had scattered laughs throughout.  I want Ocean's 10 now.  Only WITHOUT Gary Ross.  Yeah.  Let's just not.

More importantly, I need Jurassic World to come out NOW.  If I see that trailer again, I'm gonna start throwing popcorn at the screen.  I'm sure the movies fine, but geez, I feel like our theater runs it before EVERYTHING.

We need to have Ocean's 9 first before we can get to 10. I agree Gary Ross will likely be replaced for a potential sequel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1