Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

I will be seeing hereditary in about 1 hour. Please say a quick floor or hail Mary for me LOL

I hope you like it! I havent seen it myself though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Hmm. Gonna err on the side you liking it more than Babadook, The Witch and It Comes At Night but not really liking it much.

I like the witch. I just didn't love it but I did give it 8 out of 10.

19 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Variety: “Ocean’s 8 Plotting $30 Million Box Office Opening Weekend”

Link to Source VARIETY:

:https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/variety.com/2018/film/news/oceans-8-box-office-tracking-sandra-bullock-cate-blanchett-1202814078/amp/

ScreenRant: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/screenrant.com/oceans-8-opening-weekend-projection/amp/

The Wrap:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.thewrap.com/oceans-8-one-summers-big-gambles-plots-steal-30-million-opening-weekend/amp/

There are links to reputable sources you asked for, including Industry Trade Variety. You are incorrect.

Anything else you want? 

🙃🔥

"Warner Bros./Village Roadshow’s gender swap all-star heist comedy Ocean’s 8 arrived on tracking this morning with industry projections indicating that the pic could open to $45M when it opens on June 8. Some tracking firms have the all femme pic at $30M,  but it will come as no surprise if Ocean’s 8 debuts at the level of Sony’s all-girl reboot Ghostbusters ($46M opening, $128.3M domestic, $229.1M WW)."

https://deadline.com/2018/05/rihanna-anne-hathaway-oceans-8-box-office-opening-projection-1202393228/

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, L Silverman said:

"Warner Bros./Village Roadshow’s gender swap all-star heist comedy Ocean’s 8 arrived on tracking this morning with industry projections indicating that the pic could open to $45M when it opens on June 8. Some tracking firms have the all femme pic at $30M,  but it will come as no surprise if Ocean’s 8 debuts at the level of Sony’s all-girl reboot Ghostbusters ($46M opening, $128.3M domestic, $229.1M WW)."

https://deadline.com/2018/05/rihanna-anne-hathaway-oceans-8-box-office-opening-projection-1202393228/

You said I was lying that it was tracking at $30m and asked for sources. 

You were wrong. I wasn’t lying. And I provided you with sources. Your own link says $30m too. 

Apply pressure to your burn. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I like the witch. I just didn't love it but I did give it 8 out of 10.

My mistake. In that case, I expect you to like it as much or a little more than The Witch. Collette gives the kind of performance that's hard not to love too.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

There's lots of old people here

Let's see how many walk out :lol: 

20 minutes ago, filmlover said:

You trying to scare @WrathOfHan off from seeing it?

It's par for the course in my area :sadno: Also, I'm sick, so it might be a while till I see it, especially because I still need to see Solo and Adrift.

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

You were wrong. I wasn’t lying. And I provided you with sources. Your own link says $30m too. 

I said you were incorrect, not lying.  And you were, implying that the industry consensus at the time was that Oceans 8 would open at $30m which it was not.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Let's see how many walk out :lol: 

It's par for the course in my area :sadno: Also, I'm sick, so it might be a while till I see it, especially because I still need to see Solo and Adrift.

By this time most "old" people were young adults in the late 60s and 70s.  Cinema from 2018 isn't going to shock them though it might bore them.

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

This is just embarassing.

you posted links and mislead what they would say. The other user pointed out that, that wasnt DL's number.

now you are being a dick about you burning them? Delusional.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, L Silverman said:

That's just flat out incorrect.  Industry tracking was never as low as $30m.  Initial, long range tracking had Oceans 8 pegged at $45m.  Heading into this weekend, that estimate dropped to $35-40m.  Please provide a link to a reputable source (Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Deadline) that had numbers you're quoting.

1 minute ago, L Silverman said:

I said you were incorrect, not lying.  And you were, implying that the industry consensus at the time was that Oceans 8 would open at $30m which it was not.

Now you’re lying. 

You said it was never tracking as low as $30m. I said it was. 

It was.

You were wrong. I provided proof. 

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

By this time most "old" people were young adults in the late 60s and 70s.  Cinema from 2018 isn't going to shock them though it might bore them.

Ehhhhhhhhhh, I'd disagree with that. I've seen old women get offended by drugs in movies despite the movie revolving around cartels (American Made) :winomg: 

15 minutes ago, L Silverman said:

You’re literally citing a source that says 

Some tracking firms have the all femme pic at $30M

to support your argument that it was never tracking for $30M? :redcapes:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Rebelscum said:

This is just embarassing.

you posted links and mislead what they would say. The other user pointed out that, that wasnt DL's number.

now you are being a dick about you burning them? Delusional.

She said I was flat out incorrect and industry tracking was never as low as $30m.

I showed her that at one point it was. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 7

Still good for hereditary, the Preview/OD ratio is not as bad as for ICAN, but overall, seems like it will come in between $11,5m-$12m for the WE and maybe a $28m Total. Still a win, but the trailers weren't made for the GA