Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

Just now, Spidey Freak said:

Has the RT Audience Score ever been relevant? 

Before this routine gaming - yes - it's been a solid indicator of early audience WOM. 

The Want To See numbers also used to be helpful in predictions but over the last year they've completely tanked.  Has Flixter or RT changed their ap or policy?

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

tgs was a good example of aud score being relvant especially as it's rotten by critics. i tend to trust rt audience score mostly unless there are indications of trolls swaying the vote by a large margin (it's easy to figure out which movies get targeted).

• Like 5

GHOSTBUSTERS 2016 (PG 13) probably gonna be the best comp for O8

THU 3.4

FRI 13.7 (17.1 OD = 5.0x the previews)

SAT 16.4 (+20%)

SUN 12.5 (-24%)

46.0 OW = 13.5x the previews

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, A2k Rex said:

THU 3.4

SAT 16.4 (+20%)

SUN 12.5 (-24%)

Except Ghostbusters only had 1 night of previews...since this one had 2, although not well advertised, it might struggle to replicate that previews multiplier...averaging Bad Moms 2 (which did the weird barely advertised Wed, too) and Ghostbusters 2016 might be the better plan...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Except Ghostbusters only had 1 night of previews...since this one had 2, although not well advertised, it might struggle to replicate that previews multiplier...averaging Bad Moms 2 (which did the weird barely advertised Wed, too) and Ghostbusters 2016 might be the better plan...

truly not well advertised! did not know of that happening for any movie (star trek into darkness's release was all over the place for one).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, A2k Rex said:

THU 3.4

SAT 16.4 (+20%)

SUN 12.5 (-24%)

Didn’t ghostbusters have a much younger audience than this is expected to have? I don’t foresee huge preview numbers. Oceans 8 audience will slowly show up over the weekend and likely during the week. 

48 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

My Logic is if they get dragged down by trolls and it remains low, the movie likely has not so great Word of mouth. 

However I think Oceans is fine. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Didn’t ghostbusters have a much younger audience than this is expected to have? I don’t foresee huge preview numbers. Oceans 8 audience will slowly show up over the weekend and likely during the week. 

Yeah, Ocean's 8 is gonna skew older for the most part. Won't be surprised if the audience turns out to be 80% over 40 or something.

i always get this hotel artemis mixed up with the hotel movie with chris hemsworth coming up. not helped by my always getting drew pearce and drew goddard mixed up. and both have a cast full of people i normally like but both look so annoying!

• Haha 1

Hotel Artemis did terrible at my theater last night. The 7:05 didn't even have 20 people in it. It's gonna flop hard, needless to say.

FWIW both Ocean's 8 (of course) and Hereditary did pretty well.

Edited by filmlover

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i always get this hotel artemis mixed up with the hotel movie with chris hemsworth coming up. not helped by my always getting drew pearce and drew goddard mixed up. and both have a cast full of people i normally like but both look so annoying!

I don’t get them mixed up because I have no idea about either of them. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Hotel Artemis did terrible at my theater last night. The 7:05 didn't even have 20 people in it. It's gonna flop hard, needless to say.

FWIW both Ocean's 8 (of course) and Hereditary did pretty well.

The first show at Disney Springs only sold around 12 tickets lmao

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, A2k Rex said:

THU 3.4

SAT 16.4 (+20%)

SUN 12.5 (-24%)

Ghostbusters was mid July though and played more to families I’d guess. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, A2k Rex said:

tgs was a good example of aud score being relvant especially as it's rotten by critics. i tend to trust rt audience score mostly unless there are indications of trolls swaying the vote by a large margin (it's easy to figure out which movies get targeted).

Online polls are poor indicators though of actual opinion because they’re not random samples of people who saw the movie.

Even in cases like TGS they’re worth taking with a grain of salt, as it’s to easy for trolls to target a movie, or for a small section of people who didn’t like or liked the movie to spam it in the direction they want.