kayumanggi

The King's Man | December 22 2021 | Fox | Delayed again | Comes to Hulu/Disney+ February 18

The one advantage this IP has is that Vaughn himself owns the Kingsman movie rights. If he still wants to make Kingsman 3 (which would be Dark Phoenix all over again) he can easily take it elsewhere, which he will likely have to do after Disney gives him the boot.

But I'm thinking The King's Man is likely the last movie in the series that will ever get a theatrical release. I find it pretty funny that both this and Matrix 4, which suffer from the Sins of the Father syndrome, launched on the exact same day. See you in a lower budget Netflix adaptation in a decade or so, Eggsy.

• Like 2

On 12/23/2021 at 10:11 PM, BadOlCatSylvester said:

The one advantage this IP has is that Vaughn himself owns the Kingsman movie rights. If he still wants to make Kingsman 3 (which would be Dark Phoenix all over again) he can easily take it elsewhere, which he will likely have to do after Disney gives him the boot.

But I'm thinking The King's Man is likely the last movie in the series that will ever get a theatrical release. I find it pretty funny that both this and Matrix 4, which suffer from the Sins of the Father syndrome, launched on the exact same day. See you in a lower budget Netflix adaptation in a decade or so, Eggsy.

Question is will any studio be any more eager then Disney to  pay for Kingsmen 3 given how poorly the 2 and this have done?

I suspect we are looking at a failed franchise here.

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

Question is will any studio be any more eager then Disney to  pay for Kingsmen 3 given how poorly the 2 and this have done?

I suspect we are looking at a failed franchise here.

I can see Netlfix making another movie with Egerton and Firth

I feel like it was a mistake to make this prequel movie inbetween the 2nd and third movie. They should have finished the trilogy and then do a prequel if the third made good money. 

Had this come out in late 2019 or early 2020 it would have done alright but they delayed this for too long, I feel unfortunately the interest for the Kingsman series has died down, maybe they can squeeze out one more movie but after that idk.

Edited by clockwork
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, clockwork said:

I feel like it was a mistake to make this prequel movie inbetween the 2nd and third movie. They should have finished the trilogy and then do a prequel if the third made good money. 

Had this come out in late 2019 or early 2020 it would have done alright but they delayed this for too long, I feel unfortunately the interest for the Kingsman series has died down, maybe they can squeeze out one more movie but after that idk.

I think the Second film sort of killed the momentum for the franchise.

But even the first, though sucessful, was not a huge hit. It never became the threat to the Bond Franchise the way some fanboys were talking. The Bourne franchise came the closest to being a threat to 007 as the prime spy franchise, and even it fell short quite a bit.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 10:21 PM, grim22 said:

WTF

Yes, we are past the spoiler window

The next movie will feature Hitler shaving his mustache into the Hitler stache.

I saw this in theaters with my dad, and we were both mystified at giving Hitler this epic Thanos-style reveal. Not sure what they were thinking here, but this cliffhanger won't get resolved anyways, so I guess it doesn't matter. If anything, it makes it even funnier.

• Haha 1