kayumanggi

The King's Man | December 22 2021 | Fox | Delayed again | Comes to Hulu/Disney+ February 18

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

This is test screening next week 3 times in Las Vegas. So my guess is it is far from ready. It is a test screen, not an advance screening. Makes sense it is moved in order to actually finish the movie.

I'm surprised the film still isn't ready considering it was shot early last year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm surprised the film still isn't ready considering it was shot early last year. 

As per test screenings, the lead kid is absolutely devoid of personality. They beefed up portions of the elder kingsmen and Ralph in the reshoots. Still working to all make it work. 

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

They were supposed to do reshoots to beef up Gemma Arterton's part but IDK how far they got before the pandemic.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What's the point? It seems like this movie has quite a bit of production troubles and probably was going to be a bad film would've flopped.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

What's the point? It seems like this movie has quite a bit of production troubles and probably was going to be a bad film would've flopped.

Exactly, this is well pass its sell by date and not going to make much of anything.  So either bite the bullet and just release it as a hybrid release or buy/trade the rights back for the HBO window and give it to Hulu at this point.  The hybrid release at least gives the theaters something to show and make a few million with to help keep the doors open. 

That release date is absolute ass. Not only is it only 5 days after No Way Home, but it also launches on the exact same day as Matrix 4. Sounds like Disney doesn't have too much confidence in this and wants to quietly dump this much like Spies in Disguise.

This thing has been sitting on a shelf for 2 years now. Keep in mind, if it wasn't for the Disney takeover we would've seen this movie all the way back in November 2019.

Edited by BadOlCatSylvester
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2021 at 4:00 AM, BadOlCatSylvester said:

That release date is absolute ass. Not only is it only 5 days after No Way Home, but it also launches on the exact same day as Matrix 4. Sounds like Disney doesn't have too much confidence in this and wants to quietly dump this much like Spies in Disguise.

This thing has been sitting on a shelf for 2 years now. Keep in mind, if it wasn't for the Disney takeover we would've seen this movie all the way back in November 2019.

I don;t think this film chances were that great...but Spidey is going to eat it for breakfast.

Another spy movie franchise, that makes noises about being the new James Bond, and fails to deliver.