TheDarkKnightOfSteel

An Upset is Born : A Star is Born over Venom DOM

17 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

damn, this is going to be frontloaded af but it looks like Gaga fans really want to win OW. exciting weekend ahead. :bop::popcorn:

An R-rated drama isn't gonna be front-loaded. Unless you're talking about Venom. 

This is getting entertaining, with a number of the die hard Vemon fans playing the conspiracy card:That the negative buzz on Venom is being caused by a collusion of Warners Brs with Lady Gaga fans. In other words, the Anti DC conspiraby crap, only (oh, irony of ironies ( with Warners as the big bad instead of Disney.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

This is getting entertaining, with a number of the die hard Vemon fans playing the conspiracy card:That the negative buzz on Venom is being caused by a collusion of Warners Brs with Lady Gaga fans. In other words, the Anti DC conspiraby crap, only (oh, irony of ironies ( with Warners as the big bad instead of Disney.

I'm not playing the conspiracy card. I'm excited for both films. But this isn't a conspiracy. There are a lot of Gaga stans tweeting stuff life "Venom sucked. Go see A Star Is Born instead. It's amazing"... I'm sure you've seen those tweets. It's blatantly obvious they haven't seen venom. You can literally even look up "I'm not the biggest marvel fan" on twitter and there are like hundreds of the same tweet from different all trashing Venom

14 hours ago, diddykongracing128 said:

[mod edit]

Lady Gaga always used her weirdness to disguise the fact her songs are autotoned crap like all the other talentless popsingers. Whatever happened to real musicians. Her bullshit wouldn't fly in the 1980s, but here in the age of the Kardashians we know think of her as talented? Give me a break.

I know, right? She could never compete with the likes of Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, Paula Abdul, Samantha Fox, Bananarama, Laura Brannigan, Martika, Stacey Q...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

After those legendary AF reviews, I'm gonna have to be out now

14 hours ago, diddykongracing128 said:

[mod edit]

Lady Gaga always used her weirdness to disguise the fact her songs are autotoned crap like all the other talentless popsingers. Whatever happened to real musicians. Her bullshit wouldn't fly in the 1980s, but here in the age of the Kardashians we know think of her as talented? Give me a break.

Oh come on. Have you ever listened to Gaga's live performances? They're really close to studio versions, some even say they're better.

She did what she need to do to survive in today industry but you can't say she's talentless. Listen to this

And this

And this (not her best vocal but it shows her incredible stamina. When others lip synced or call other's artists to help, Gaga did the whole thing by herself)

BTW, all songs in ASIB are recorded live

• Like 1

Shes talented, but she hasn't released a decent song since the Fame Monster era.

She's been off the pop radar for years.

Taylor Swift is a less talented singer but she knows how to write a good pop song.

17 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Shes talented, but she hasn't released a decent song since the Fame Monster era.

Taylor Swift is a less talented singer but she knows how to write a good pop song.

Million Reasons is beautiful

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AndyK said:

Her last trully pop album was released in 2013...  and despite the fact that she abandoned the album promotion because of personal problems, she still have one of the best selling albums that year, and a multiplatinum hit single. She’s been off the pop radar for years because she want it.

In 2014 she release a collaborative jazz album (grammy winner), and in 2016 she release an album highly influenced by country / folk / rock (grammy nominated). They both succeed, peaked at #1 and selling around 1.5M copies each, which is not phenomenal, but good enough especially considering the different sounds compared to her past works.

The fans expecting a new trully pop album for next year, her first in 6 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

In 2014 she release a collaborative jazz album (grammy winner), and in 2016 she release an album highly influenced by country / folk / rock (grammy nominated). They both succeed, peaked at #1 and selling around 1.5M copies each, which is not phenomenal, but good enough especially considering the different sounds compared to her past works.

That doesn't seem bad at all, when you consider that most pop stars (and singers/bands in general) quickly fade away after an early success.

• Like 1

Great call, I'm definitely in this now. WOM for ASIB seems like it will be through the roof.

I CANNOT wait for the weekend thread. Between Venom fans arguing with Lady Gaga fans about them sinking each other's movies and people arguing about Lady Gaga's pop star status, it's gonna be a show :Gaga:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

That doesn't seem bad at all, when you consider that most pop stars (and singers/bands in general) quickly fade away after an early success.

I agreed, especially because she doesn’t want to be just a pop singer... after her last pop album she release a jazz album, a country album, appear in 2 seasons of American Horror Story, win the golden globe, is nominated for an Oscar, filmed A Star Is Born and write / produced basically the whole soundtrack (again with country / rock influences) etc. 

The fact that she made a lot of different things in the past years and it’s still a big popstar is really impressive.

• Thanks 1

On the one hand, i am hapoy because this club will be almost certainly a success.They will open close but ASIB will almost certainly have great legs while Venom will most certainly not.

On the one hand,i wanted the tention and excitment and longlivity of Tele's Wonder Woman over Spider-Man club.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:28 AM, ThomasNicole said:

I agreed, especially because she doesn’t want to be just a pop singer... after her last pop album she release a jazz album, a country album, appear in 2 seasons of American Horror Story, win the golden globe, is nominated for an Oscar, filmed A Star Is Born and write / produced basically the whole soundtrack (again with country / rock influences) etc. 

The fact that she made a lot of different things in the past years and it’s still a big popstar is really impressive.

Lady Gaga is still stealing Madonna's game plan, I see.

so... Gitesh only has Venom at 46M for the weekend, and Star at 36. After all the hype, that would make for one of the most disappointing box office weekends in a long time. 

• Haha 1