chasmmi

BOT's Top 100 Movie Characters ... Absolute Final Deadline August 4th. Do not be late

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

So...when will I have an opportunity to do my 2008 list, because that was supposed to be done after the movie lines list

Then there’s the horror countdown I’ve been wanting to do (not similar to the recent ones), which only makes sense for October. The mods aren’t going to allow two simultaneous countdown threads to be up, and given the 100 lines countdown is going to take more time to get through than our two, there might only be room for one of us. If only one can be done, you can go ahead because you had your thread up first.

Edited by WrathOfHan

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

So...when will I have an opportunity to do my 2008 list, because that was supposed to be done after the movie lines list

The top 100 movie lines is being put on hold indefinitely.  So whatever it is you want to do, do it after this one.

What exactly is the 2008 list?  You mean the best films of 2008?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Then there’s the horror countdown I’ve been wanting to do (not similar to the recent ones), which only makes sense for October. The mods aren’t going to allow two simultaneous countdown threads to be up, and given the 100 lines countdown is going to take more time to get through than our two, there might only be room for one of us. If only one can be done, you can go ahead because you had your thread up first.

What is this horror list you want to do?

We can have more than one list going simultaneously.  One can be in the main forum, the other in the Speakeasy.  Brainbug and me just did the horror thing in the Speakeasy.

• Like 1

Just now, baumer said:

What is this horror list you want to do?

We can have more than one list going simultaneously.  One can be in the main forum, the other in the Speakeasy.  Brainbug and me just did the horror thing in the Speakeasy.

A forum wide Top 50 horror list in the vein of the Top 100 and annual Top 25s. Not really something that can be crammed into that thread.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Just now, baumer said:

I had no idea there were so many people that had lists they wanted to do.  

I've been wanting to do a horror countdown for several years now, but someone else always makes a countdown at the same time :lol: 

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

A forum wide Top 50 horror list in the vein of the Top 100 and annual Top 25s. Not really something that can be crammed into that thread.

So the same as what me and @Brainbugdid, but voted on by the forum members?

Great....the original Texas and all Friday the 13th's will be ignored and Hereditary, Babadook and ICAN will be in the top 10.  :whosad:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I've been wanting to do a horror countdown for several years now, but someone else always makes a countdown at the same time :lol: 

Well, why don't you just go ahead and open the thread now...do it in the Speakeasy and when the time is right, we can move it to the main forum.

• Like 1

Just now, baumer said:

So the same as what me and @Brainbugdid, but voted on by the forum members?

Great....the original Texas and all Friday the 13th's will be ignored and Hereditary, Babadook and ICAN will be in the top 10.  :whosad:

I'm positive TCM would make the list :lol: 

Just now, baumer said:

Well, why don't you just go ahead and open the thread now...do it in the Speakeasy and when the time is right, we can move it to the main forum.

That works :) Granted, the deadline won't be for another 3 months, but it's probably a good idea to get people aware.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That works :) Granted, the deadline won't be for another 3 months, but it's probably a good idea to get people aware.

I'll unpin some of the other threads in the Speakeasy.  In fact....why don't you start the thread now...in the main forum.  I'll pin it for a few days and then move it to the Speakeasy for a few months, then back to the main forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is not a final list, but mine will look something like this:

1) Indiana Jones

2) Rocky

3) Rambo

4) Darth Vader

5) The Joker- The Dark Knight

5) Han Solo

6) Yoda

7) The Terminator

7) Jason Voorhees

😎 Freddy Krueger

9) James Bond

9) Ripley- Aliens

10) Jason Bourne

11) Chief Brody (Jaws)

11) Jeff Spicolli

12) Ducky Dale (Pretty in Pink)

13) Ferris Bueller

14) Bruce Wayne/Batman

15)Tony Stark/Ironman

16) Axel Foley

16) Hudson- Aliens

17) Marty McFly

18) Doc Brown

19) Obi Wan (The prequels)

20) Deadpool

20) Sam Witwicky

21) Peter Venkman (Ghostbusters)

22) Mr. Miyagi

23) Clark Kent/Superman

24) Jules Winfield (Pulp Fiction)

25) Martin Riggs

26) Morpheus 

27) Neo

28) Randy (Scream series)

29) Aragorn 

30) Gandalf

30) Jack Dawson

31) Peter Parker/Spiderman

32) Danny McBride- This is the End

33) Brian Mills -Taken

34) KGB- Rounders

35) John Bender- The Breakfast Club

36) Stiffler

37) Zoolander

38) PeeWee Morris- Porky's

39) Clubber Lang- Rocky III

40) Louis Cypher- Angel Heart

• Like 3

The first ideas that sprang to mind, for me, were Jason Bourne and Chris Washington (Get Out). My list will probably have iconic characters like Indiana Jones and many Pixar characters, though I will only have characters from strictly original scripts.

• Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Lyle Wainfleet

Max

Trudy
Norm

Selfridge

Grace

Jake

Eytukan

Neytiri

Quaritch

Tsu'tey

Mo'at

This isn't my list by the way it's just for your consideration.

No idea who any of those people are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

😂🤣 nice one

I really honestly don't.  I know they are from Avatar because of Jake and Quarrich...but if you had listed them separately, I would not have known.  So put the movie next to them.  :)