Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |๐Ÿ†| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSphbniNSxyNyYR75dEKv

incredibles2_v5.png

The incredible weekend arrives, please NOย SPOILERS allowed. Discuss the spoilers in the official spoilery thread instead.

ย 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/06/15/box-office-incredibles-2-pixar-disney-tag-shrek/#7066483377d3

ย 

Walt Disney and Pixarโ€™s Incredibles 2 just broke its first box office record, earning a dynamite $18.50 million in Thursday night previews. That bests the old record for an animated film, namely the $9.2m Thursday preview launch of Walt Disney and Pixarโ€™s Finding Dory in 2016 (and the $6.2m Thursday launch of Minions three years ago). Barring some unusual frontloading, especially for an animated movie, it is now almost certain that Brad Birdโ€™s 14-years-in-the-making superhero sequel will snag the record for a Fri-Sun animated launch.

ย 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/06/17/box-office-incredibles-2-superhero-fatigues-to-record-crushing-178m-weekend/#3449e5a618f0

ย 

Armed with rave reviews, 14 years of anticipation, a beloved brand with all-quadrant appeal and the above-noted combo of the two most popular sub-genres, Brad Bird's Incredibles 2 scored a record-crushing $180.2 million in its Fri-Sun debut. That's a 2.51x weekend multiplier, which is about on par with Finding Dory ($135m from a $54m Friday in 2016). That's the biggest opening ever for an animated film, even when adjusted for inflation (Shrek the Third's $122.5m launch in 2007 would be $162m today). It is also the biggest opening for any movie not rated PG-13 (besting Beauty and the Beast's $174m debut last year).

ย 

INCREDIBLES 2 FIGURES:

Edited by Asyulus
  • Like 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

Time to post โ€œ$Xmโ€ predictions instead of writing random โ€œXโ€ย numbers, fellas.

ย 

$16.6m previews is my guess.

Edited by Asyulus

3 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

Time to post โ€œ$Xmโ€ predictions instead of writing random โ€œXโ€ย numbers, fellas.

ย 

$16.6m previews is my guess.

I'm not writing predictions, I'm counting the number of posts that can be squeezed into this moronic and useless thread before it is inevitably locked by a mod. Keep up.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by Ranger Tree
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Why is this thread open with no numbers yet?

Because asyulus is a special user who thinks he has the ability to take charge of the weekend thread. Nay! When the mods come he will be banished from the land.

ย 

This post is on the edge of seventeen. A very nice age incidentally.

• Haha 1