Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

It's also worth noting that with the exception of TFA, and only mere weeks before release, this forum has never been able to accurately predict the all time highest grosser. The fact that so many are calling for the DOM record with TLK is pretty much already proof positive that it won't happen. Just like everyone called for TDKR to beat Titanic and challenge Avatar. You were ridiculed endlessly if you even suggested below TDK was possible. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Aladdin is in Disney's death slot and it's directed by Guy Richie, it's practically guaranteed to under perform.

Anyone who thinks that The Lion King is opening with less than BATB and making less than BATB total honesty wants to be wrong. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

EC has said the footage was incredible. I do wonder when Disney will drop it, It'd be very tempting to drop it with Christopher Robin but I think it's more likely to be attached to Mary Poppins

That’s what I had thought. I remember him mentioning that the whole room was in absolute awe of the footage. 

Looking at Disney’s future releases I could see

AMATW 210m DOM

Christopher Robin 250m DOM

Nutcracker 100m DOM

Ralph 2 300m DOM

Mary Poppins Returns 350m DOM

Captain Marvel 320m DOM

Dumbo 225m DOM

Avengers 4 680m DOM

Aladdin 350m DOM

Toy Story 4 300m DOM

The Lion King 750m DOM

Artemis Fowl 100m DOM

Frozen 2 450m DOM

Star Wars IX 630m DOM

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Aladdin is in Disney's death slot and it's directed by Guy Richie, it's practically guaranteed to under perform.

Anyone who thinks that The Lion King is opening with less than BATB and making less than BATB total honesty wants to be wrong. 

Seeming increasingly unlikely, I'll give you that, but it's far from impossible. BATB had a perfect storm of factors. Again, I don't understand why some are completely ignoring that TLK doesn't have the YA female hook and it comes at the end of a summer where something like $1.1b+ DOM and 2.5b+ WW will have already been grossed by family films. 

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’m still very surprised that Deadpool 2 is dropping from the original.

I know Beyoncé is in the film.

But they should get Jennifer Hudson to sing Circle of Life in this one. Search it on YouTube 😱😱

Why are you surprised that Deadpool 2 is making less than the original?

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It's also worth noting that with the exception of TFA, and only mere weeks before release, this forum has never been able to accurately predict the all time highest grosser. The fact that so many are calling for the DOM record with TLK is pretty much already proof positive that it won't happen. Just like everyone called for TDKR to beat Titanic and challenge Avatar. You were ridiculed endlessly if you even suggested below TDK was possible. 

The forum may not have been able to predict the biggest movie to beat avatar... But one individual did ;) so he will probably predict Lion King correctly too...

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Mate you seem to have a real complex where it's always about other ppl's reactions to your predictions. Don't take it so seriously

And anywho I ain't saying all time dom record or anything like that, just over 200M OW

• Like 3

I2's performance sure gonna give a shot in the arm to TLK's ow expectations. I don't expect lower than TLJ's 220 ow and lower than it's 2.8x+ multi (despite different release month). 25-50% bump over BATB gives 630-756 dom

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chewy said:

Mate you seem to have a real complex where it's always about other ppl's reactions to your predictions. Don't take it so seriously

And anywho I ain't saying all time dom record or anything like that, just over 200M OW

I like to argue, isn't that obvious by now? :P I'm not going to just say "gee, TLK sure is overpredicted!" and leave it at that. I'm gonna lay out my case for why I'm saying that.

I really don't take it personally lol. 

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

That’s what I had thought. I remember him mentioning that the whole room was in absolute awe of the footage. 

My friend - who is not EC - was at d23 last year. She said Circle of Life was basically shot for shot and crazy good, like holy shit crazy good. 

• Like 9
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

i'm honestly curious what a lot of you are predicting for Avengers 4 OW. I feel like saying 200M OW is the new 150M because it definitely is coming hella common

Optimistically, 275M/700M. It might drop but it shouldn't go lower than 240M.