Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

3 minutes ago, The Incredible Panda said:

Just saying, TLK non-believers will stop when a Circle of Life trailer drops leaving everyone stunned.

That movie is just a matter of how big.

Prayer circle for them to just straight up drop the sequence in its entirety as an only-in-theaters exclusive for Mary Poppins. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Blankments said:

i'm honestly curious what a lot of you are predicting for Avengers 4 OW. I feel like saying 200M OW is the new 150M because it definitely is coming hella common

Hmm I’m actually lost when it comes to predicting this. I mean Disney already did “see how it all ends” with IW and worked marvelously. Not sure what hook they can have with this one. I’m guessing it decreases on all fronts(OW, DOM, OS, and WW) 

5 minutes ago, The Incredible Panda said:

Just saying, TLK non-believers will stop when a Circle of Life trailer drops leaving everyone stunned.

That movie is just a matter of how big.

I'm sure the trailer will go over huge. But so did the BatB trailers. I really can't see it being much bigger than that under the circumstances. Move IX to Dec 2020 and TLK to Dec 2019 and then we're talking. 

Just now, Mekanos said:

I was kinda thinking Circle Of Life might drop at Comic-Con but that might be too early. 

Disney never does SDCC because they do D23. 

Just now, Mekanos said:

I was kinda thinking Circle Of Life might drop at Comic-Con but that might be too early. 

Nah Disney doesnt give a rip about comic con

• Like 1

1 minute ago, captainwondyful said:

Prayer circle for them to just straight up drop the sequence in its entirety as an only-in-theaters exclusive for Mary Poppins. 

That’s be a genius marketing move.  I could also see just using the full sequence as the trailer for TLK, and just that.  It’s all you need to sell the movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moviefanatic said:

Hmm I’m actually lost when it comes to predicting this. I mean Disney already did “see how it all ends” with IW and worked marvelously. Not sure what hook they can have with this one. I’m guessing it decreases on all fronts(OW, DOM, OS, and WW) 

Did you... did you see IW?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

I disagree with the premise that Beauty and the Beast had some special circumstances helping it make 500mil. For some reason people were intent on under estimating that film until the last minute. For some reason people ignored how massively popular the original was. People were predicting under The Jungle Book numbers and I always maintained that if TJB could make over 300mil then Beauty was going to do way better than that and surprise, surprise it did. The Lion King is even more popular than Beauty and the Beast. It's not doing under 700mil. It will at least be another easy to swallow nostalgia feast that will get decent reviews. And I bet it will be better than Beast because it has a better director behind it. That will be enough to lock in over 700mil (I'm predicting 800mil). No I don't think it's beating TFA, which made 936mil. 800mil and 936mil are not the same number people.

• Like 1

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

I'm sure the trailer will go over huge. But so did the BatB trailers. I really can't see it being much bigger than that under the circumstances. Move IX to Dec 2020 and TLK to Dec 2019 and then we're talking. 

If that happened then I’d definitely join a TLK over TFA domestic club. I feel like in this day in age you have to release in December to challenge the number one spot. Summer is just too packed with movies 

• Like 1

Han Solo is the most beloved Star Wars character. The Han Solo movie will therefore be bigger than any of the other Star Wars movies Disney's released in the past couple years.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Moviefanatic said:

Yes obviously. Do you honestly think they would use that same exact marketing two years in a row?

No but the hook is the ending of that movie

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Cause everyone seemed to love the first film. 

So? It's still a novelty thing. Just because they enjoyed it doesn't mean they will go see a sequel. See - Avengers, Spiderman, Dark Knight