Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

14 hours ago, ElastiRoc said:

Seems likely, but not guaranteed.

It has an outside shot of beating Shrek 2's 650m adjusted total to be the biggest computer animated film of all time.

I'm really curious how it's going to play OS. The first wasn't super strong, but superhero films in general didn't have good OS grosses back then. That's generally changed but it's mostly because of character familiarity, which this doesn't have going for it. Pixar also doesn't have as strong an OS brand as, say, Illumination, relative to their DOM grosses. So we could see a situation where the OS gross is quite a bit below the DOM gross.

I imagine it'll be super strong in English speaking markets but everywhere else is a question mark. Australia was very strong and I reckon UK will be as well although the highest Pixar film in the UK is still Toy Story 3 and I don't think I2 will that leggy.

25 minutes ago, Hades said:

Imagine if it was Toy Story 3 coming out next year instead of 4....could have had  a 200 mil opening....

Nope.... Toy Story behaved as well as it could / would. If anything the opening would pale in comparison to Dory and I2. 

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Nope.... Toy Story behaved as well as it could / would. If anything the opening would pale in comparison to Dory and I2. 

Don't you mean Toy story would pale in comparison to Dory, like Dory paled in comparison to I2?