Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Will A4 move it's release date into April again next year? Seems to have worked out well for this year allowing more breathing room.

My guess is yes but they should also move Aladdin off it Memorial Day Death Slot.  Guy Ritchie needs all the help he can get.

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

one of us made a club saying it was gonna be the highest grossing film of the year.  the other one did not.

if anything it seems to me like you’re trying to talk yourself into this having phenomenal legs and getting to that mark when there’s really no real reason for it to get them.

Except the movie is currently breaking out with no indication of anything but stellar WoM in a genre that only has a multi around 3x when WoM is bad?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Should've specified Jurassic Park dinos. But, yeah, Disney has had some foul box office luck with dinos themselves. Who can forget Dinosaur back in 2000? Oh, yeah, just about everyone. 

Image result for dinosaur disney gif

And what is the common thread between that and JW:FK 🤔

latest?cb=201709032141461440x651_0009_carnotaurus.png

Looks like the Carnotaurus is BOX OFFICE POISON (unless JW:FK does well).

• Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Will A4 move it's release date into April again next year? Seems to have worked out well for this year allowing more breathing room.

They gotta move Captain Marvel up to Feb, 6 weeks won't be enough

Should be Feb anyway

• Like 2

The issue with The Good Dinosaur was the title.  It implies only one dinosaur, and that it was a GOOD dinosaur.  Now I like some dino good guys as much as the next guy, but they need to balance out the good dinosaurs with the bad dinosaurs.  by having just one dinosaur and having him only be one character trait, there was guaranteed to be no interest.

Jurassic World tho?  hundreds of dinos.  some good some bad.  perfect balance.  guaranteed $

Edited by That One Guy

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

disney-2LX29646WDSHE_FEA-Full-Image_Gall

I really think making that dino look like Diet Coke Yoshi instead of a realistic depiction probably cut the box office in half.

Spoiler

Alita will be able to relate to devastating design decisions later this year.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, L Silverman said:

Difference being, people left I2 happy whereas most everyone left IW pissed off.

Only on these forums do you have someone saying a blatant falsehood and truly believing it. This claim is almost as ridiculous as people who claimed that Solo was going to have some Wonder Woman or insert ultra leggy movie here word of mouth that would save it or that BvS had good word of mouth and only got less than a 2.0 multi because it's numbers were so inflated by a holiday. 

• Like 2

You guys are really make me feel old with this my first movie in theaters and listing some mid 2000s movie.

The first movie I remember (I think in theaters) was 

tenor.gif?itemid=5322208

• Like 2

The Good Dinosaur flopped because it was boring and the least creative Pixar movie ever. Yes, if less creative than A Bugs Life and that Brother Bear remake. At least Scottish Red Head Everdeen was an interesting character, TGD had no interesting characters. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

I believe mine was 

escapetowitchmountain08.jpg

My dad fell asleep at the drive-in taking me to see Star Wars the first time.

I saw that one as well. I refuse to watch the bastardized remake starring The Rock.

Disney pumped out a lot of live action flicks for children and families back then while letting their animation department wither. I think The Rescuers and a few years later The Fox and the Hound were the only "new" Disney animated movies I remember seeing as a kid. They regularly re-released all of their classics, though and I think I saw almost all of them.