Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I really don't know why though? Every single sign one could possibly ask for is there for it. Sure none of us know anything for sure about a multi, but this is equivalent to saying TFA wouldn't go sub 3.5x when that came out. All the signs are there. 

Another good point.

• Like 1

Just now, La Binoche said:

@baumer after seeing hereditary properly, on the big screen, i kinda love it now. wtf. total 180 for me. 

It happens.  That's happened to me before with maybe ten films.  I might try to see it again.....maybe I will pick up things this time I didn't before.  Interesting that you did the 180.  Maybe I will too.

The thing about Hereditary is that the experience of watching it is one where anything could happen. 

When you watch a Conjuring movie, you know nothing bad's gonna happen to Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson. You know they'll survive. You know the demons taunting their little girl won't actually kill her. Same for the The Nun trailer...you know some demon nun will jump out of the shadows at the heroine nun...but she won't actually kill her. Those movies are well made but they're like watching a horror movie with a safety net. 

Hereditary has no safety net. The most horrible, unspeakble things can happen to any of the characters at any moment. And that's exciting and unnerving. 

• Like 1

@WrathOfHan made a good call with Book Club.  Unfortunately the theatre loss affected the gross.  It's going to drop 50% this weekend....killing any chance of 70 million.  Oh well, 65 still looks good for a film that most here thought would do about 20 million.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

Another good point.

Ofc, I'm also assuming FK is going to disappoint pretty badly next weekend based on the pre-sales/general lack of hype I've observed. If I'm wrong and FK blows past 150+, then yeah it probably would have some effect on I2 I'd imagine. Though as I argue yesterday, direct competition from fellow animated/PG family fare tends to be the only things that significantly hurt animated legs. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

The thing about Hereditary is that the experience of watching it is one where anything could happen. 

When you watch a Conjuring movie, you know nothing bad's gonna happen to Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson. You know they'll survive. You know the demons taunting their little girl won't actually kill her. Same for the The Nun trailer...you know some demon nun will jump out of the shadows at the heroine nun...but she won't actually kill her. Those movies are well made but they're like watching a horror movie with a safety net. 

Hereditary has no safety net. The most horrible, unspeakble things can happen to any of the characters at any moment. And that's exciting and unnerving. 

That's a great point and when I think about it, that's what makes some of the horror movies I love, so great.  Anyone can be killed at any time.....Texas Chainsaw, Nightmare on Elm Street, Last House on the Left, Blair Witch....no one is safe in those movies either.

Okay, you have convinced me to see it a second time.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, sfran43 said:

13 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

That's pretty impressive given the earlier estimate was $1.25M. IW very well may close in on or pass $6M this weekend.

This is fucking EXCELLENT for Infinity War. If the estimates holds and it has good jumps, we might be talking about $680-690m, just look how it's behaving compared to Jurassic World. with the advantage that Infinity War has the whole summer to keep going over JW at same period of time. 

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

It happens.  That's happened to me before with maybe ten films.  I might try to see it again.....maybe I will pick up things this time I didn't before.  Interesting that you did the 180.  Maybe I will too.

The version I saw was an early cut, so for example

Spoiler

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

This is fucking EXCELLENT for Infinity War. If the estimates holds and it has good jumps, we might be talking about $680-690m, just look how it's behaving compared to Jurassic World. with the advantage that Infinity War has the whole summer to keep going over JW at same period of time

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Yeah I2 is definitely going to hurt JW:FK next weekend. I just don't know how much. The big movie, with the better buzz and often better reviews almost always wins and hurts the competition.

Pirates 2 killed Superman Returns (SR had better reviews but looked boring and had way less buzz).

Ragnarok killed Justice League (although JL killed itself as well).

I probably should go under 145mil for JWFK opening weekend. 

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

This is fucking EXCELLENT for Infinity War. If the estimates holds and it has good jumps, we might be talking about $680-690m, just look how it's behaving compared to Jurassic World. with the advantage that Infinity War has the whole summer to keep going over JW at same period of time. 

#IW700Fudge

Make it happen Disney. Use the deep black magic shit you've got going with WiT right now. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

The version I saw was an early cut, so for example

Reveal hidden contents

Good point.....I edited out your comment...I'm not sure what the rule is but to be safe, I edited that due to spoilers.....but I get what you mean.  

To all of the new members here who don't get my sense of humour when it comes to Pixar...I'm definitely joking when it comes to the brainwashing stuff....well...kind of.....a few years ago,I wrote a funny piece about how Pixar has brainwashed everyone into loving their films, so don't take my posts seriously....it's all in good fun.

But still.....#FTSBF 

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Just now, HouseOfTheSun said:

No “adjusted for inflation” caveat here. It’s taking the record outright. 

a-man-with-a-shade-said-duh-meme.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Hey, you guys can quote me if this goes sub 3.5x and I'll eat lots of crow. Good luck with that though. 

Yeah, I really don’t see how it has a multi worse than Dory’s given it’s already holding better than Dory, it doesn’t have near the amount of direct competition as Dory, and it’s a much bigger crowd pleaser than Dory.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

No “adjusted for inflation” caveat here. It’s taking the record outright. 

Hate to be a party pooper here, but if you want to go by admissions, Shrek the Third may still hold on to the title. 161M adjusted without any 3D or PLF. I2 probably needs to go closer to 185 than 180 to beat those admissions.