Wednesday Numbers | 06/21/2018

Movie Distributor Gross Change Thtrs. Per Thtr. Total Gross Days
- (2) Ocean’s 8 Warner Bros. $2,375,000 -29% 4,145 $573   $86,737,534 13
- (3) Tag Warner Bros. $1,680,000 -27% 3,382 $497   $20,750,283 6
- (-) Life of the Party Warner Bros. $70,000 -18% 608 $115   $52,070,721 41

https://www.the-numbers.com/daily-box-office-chart

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Anything that isn’t Incredibles 2, Ocean’s 8, or Tag is probably dropping over 12% today. It’ll be interesting to see how the loss of large formats affects Incredibles, but when it’s already pulling massive numbers, a sub-10% drop feels safe

3 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Anything that isn’t Incredibles 2, Ocean’s 8, or Tag is probably dropping over 12% today. It’ll be interesting to see how the loss of large formats affects Incredibles, but when it’s already pulling massive numbers, a sub-10% drop feels safe

Still think I2 drops close to 10% today.  JWFK is going to have fair sized previews, it'll affect everything.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BoilingHotCoffee said:

My closest nearby theater, Downtown Disney AMC just closed this week, so all the films that were just playing there this past weekend should probably be losing at least one theater count this weekend.

Oh yeah, I forgot Disney was shutting down that location. How well did it normally do? I know it was never on the level of Orlando's theater, but I always assumed it did decent business

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Oh yeah, I forgot Disney was shutting down that location. How well did it normally do? I know it was never on the level of Orlando's theater, but I always assumed it did decent business

Business there always seemed pretty good. Although due to the nature of it being located on resort property, the theater was very uncrowded during most the day with everyone playing in the parks, but the house is always packed during the night, especially during an opening weekend of a Disney movie. Gonna miss that place, being able to get much cheaper tickets with a cast member discount.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, BoilingHotCoffee said:

Business there always seemed pretty good. Although due to the nature of it being located on resort property, the theater was very uncrowded during most the day with everyone playing in the parks, but the house is always packed during the night, especially during an opening weekend of a Disney movie. Gonna miss that place, being able to get much cheaper tickets with a cast member discount.

That sucks dude. A theatre nearby your house is one less problem in life. I know this for a fact.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BoilingHotCoffee said:

Yeah, the Disney Springs location can be that way too. Now that the parks are starting to get busy again, so is the theater. Incredibles 2 has been selling out weekday late shows there :jeb!: