oMeriMombatti

Wednesday Numbers | 06/21/2018

29 minutes ago, baumer said:

There's no JW3 announcement yet.  So that means pretty much wait until that film is 12 months away.

yeah there is, they've penned it in for the same weekend in 2021. Trevorrow is back directing.

So, uh, turns out Happytime Murders trailer is no longer allowed to play on prints of Tag at my theatre. Once you receive complaints about a trailer, it must be taken off of the prints for the movie it was playing in front of no questions.

Although to be fair, as soon as the mom complained that it was ''not appropriate for her 6, 7 and 9 year olds, I would have wanted to say neither is the movie you took them to'' but that's why I'm not a manager

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

MoviePass The Morning After AMC’s $20/Month Ticket Program: $164M Bond Sale, Surge Pricing & More

MoviePass parent Helios & Matheson (HMNY) announced today that it has reached an agreement with institutional investors to issue series B-2 senior convertible notes for $164M, as well as 20,5K shares of preferred stock, in addition to other changes in its movie ticket subscription program.

“Our transformative $9.95 plan is delivering a true value to our members while revolutionizing the movie industry. We intend to keep the $9.95 model live and running. At the same time, we are launching new, on-demand options that members can add to their baseline subscription. The new optional add-ons will allow members to invite a friend to the theaters, upgrade to premium 3D and IMAX showings, or order tickets specifically for certain high-demand showings for a small additional fee. Our members can now take advantage of features they’ve asked for, and we can simultaneously help drive attendance to theaters during their slow times. We intend to test the new programs in the coming weeks,” said MoviePass in a statement to Deadline today.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/moviepass-amc-ticket-subscription-battle-bond-sale-surge-pricing-1202415100/

What's this shit I'm hearing about finding dory having a bad second weekend hold...? You do realize that it had the best 2nd weekend hold of any film with an OW above 116m  (Alice in Wonderland was ever so slightly better) aside from TFA right? "Bad hold" yeah right....

*at the time of its release of course

Edited by Killimano3

2 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

What's this shit I'm hearing about finding dory having a bad second weekend hold...? You do realize that it had the best 2nd weekend hold of any film with an OW above 116m  (Alice in Wonderland was ever so slightly better) aside from TFA right? "Bad hold" yeah right....

It had poor Fri/Sat holds. The second weekend drop was so good because the weekdays were so great, hence it could get a shitty Fri hold and still have a soft weekend drop. 

Edited by MovieMan89

9 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Doesn’t matter , we aren’t comparing a mainline Star Wars film with it.

You're comparing a movie that should have made 800M-1B but made less than 400M instead vs a movie that should make 1.2B-1.3B but will probably make $900M-1B.

I don't see how JW 2 is more disappointing than Solo in any way, shape, or form. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

You're comparing a movie that should have made 800M-1B but made less than 400M instead vs a movie that should make 1.2B-1.3B but will probably make $900M-1B.

I don't see how JW 2 is more disappointing than Solo in any way, shape, or form. 

I compared U.S opening weekends not entire runs, and I believe that was the actual question. Solo is a flop, a bomb, JW2 will be  an underperformer if it drops over 500 million worldwide from the firs film.

2 hours ago, Mekanos said:

I said earlier 650M would still be a lot to ask of this movie when everyone was piping off 700+. I think it'll just barely get 600.

Those numbers were very outlandishIt would need a multiplier greater then 3.5x. And only one film that opened past 150M has ever gotten that. Force Awakens but that's only because of the way Holidays work.  

Even Black Panther with all the love and cultural zeitgeist it has going for it and 5 weeks of no competition and an Infinity War boost didn't receive a 3.5x multi nor Dark Knight despite all the praise it got. 

Edited by Belle
  • Like 2